GhostWolfViking

My experience with the game and why I don't play as often.

@GunMedia_Ben @ShiftySamurai @[IllFonic]Courier

I have played on Xbox One since launch.

It shows I have 960 hours played.

8,420 doors destroyed. 🚪 

Experienced every kind of bug you can imagine.

Crashes, xbox resets itself, freezing, lost connections, rage quits, host quitting, extreme server lag, counselors helping Jason, exploits, bad patches etc.

Real end of the world game breaking shit. 😄

I have enjoyed the game. Thank you backers. 👍

The current state of the game is ok but, needs work and dedicated servers.

Fighting many bugs in the game at the moment that chip away at my sanity.

I load up the game. Jump into quickplay and the it plays out the same most of the time.

1. See I'm not Jason. Player that was picked leaves the match after getting his ass handed to him. Maybe they had a bug that stops them from interacting with anything. Maybe they crashed. Lost connection etc. Repeat for a few matches in a row. PSA: Change your preference to counselor if don't want to play as Jason.

2. I wait 10 to 30 matches and get my chance to play as Jason. The host quits on me randomly at some point during the match. Anger level rises. No credit towards last 2 achievements. 500 and 1,000 matches as Jason in multiplayer to get 100%. This is the main issue that immediately kills my desire for the day to play it.

I have noticed an increased level of toxic behavior and trolls in the game.

It starts a chain reaction in lobbies and quickly no one wants to keep playing it.

To be honest I only keep playing to get 100% for the achievements at this point. Level 150 with no use or need for CP.

When it was announced no updates until April because of engine update I stopped playing as often.

Think my time will soon be occupied by other games if the next update is going to take a few months to fix the car rubber banding and other bugs.

This game gets me angry more than the enjoyment I get out of playing it. Hosts that quit...would you kindly...throw your Xbox into the deepest pit of hell...soon. 😄

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

When it was announced no updates until April because of engine update I stopped playing as often.

I think a lot of Xbox players did, because about 3 weeks ago it seemed like there was this HUGE drop in other players seemingly overnight.

• Like 3

What are they gonna do when theres no upgrades/patches left is my question.. People seem to be getting tired of a one patch after a month or two. 

Bugs Aside.  If you're pushing this as a"team game' then either do it or don't.    Make everyone that plays the game FORCED to have a mic then.  Not run around like chickens with their head cut off and killed in a minute or two. .  You can't be "half pregnant 

I don't think its so much bugs etc.  as it is QP is just not adapting to the vision they have instill in the game 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

@GunMedia_Ben @ShiftySamurai @[IllFonic]Courier

I have played on Xbox One since launch.

It shows I have 960 hours played.

8,079 doors destroyed. 🚪 

Experienced every kind of bug you can imagine.

Crashes, xbox resets itself, freezing, lost connections, rage quits, host quitting, extreme server lag, counselors helping Jason, exploits, bad patches etc.

Real end of the world game breaking shit. 😄

I have enjoyed the game. Thank you backers. 👍

The current state of the game is ok but, needs work and dedicated servers.

Fighting many bugs in the game at the moment that chip away at my sanity.

I load up the game. Jump into quickplay and the it plays out the same most of the time.

1. See I'm not Jason. Player that was picked leaves the match after getting his ass handed to him. Maybe they had a bug that stops them from interacting with anything. Maybe they crashed. Lost connection etc. Repeat for a few matches in a row. PSA: Change your preference to counselor if don't want to play as Jason.

2. I wait 10 to 30 matches and get my chance to play as Jason. The host quits on me randomly at some point during the match. Anger level rises. No credit towards last 2 achievements. 500 and 1,000 matches as Jason in multiplayer to get 100%. This is the main issue that immediately kills my desire for the day to play it.

It starts a chain reaction in lobbies and quickly no one wants to keep playing it.

To be honest I only keep playing to get 100% for the achievements at this point. Level 150 with no use or need for CP.

Think my time will soon be occupied by other games if the next update is going to take a few months to fix the car rubber banding and other bugs.

This game gets me angry more than the enjoyment I get out of playing it. Hosts that quit...would you kindly...throw your system into the deepest pit of hell...soon. 😄

I’ve been a Backer, since 2016. Had about 600 plus hours into this game hell maybe even more lol and I’ve experienced the worse of the worse, salty rank 150’s, blue screen, bugs and glitches, exploiters man I can go on and on. But the point is I still love the game and always will, doesn’t mean I will not get pissed at the game every now and then, but I just accept it and move on. So yeah, my experience was a very hectic and fun time :ajsaltbae::j2::pocketknife::tiffbutt:

• Like 3

I think the problem is @Randygbk hasn't streamed in about a month and that's left everybody wondering what happened to the conduit of the game now.

That's left moral at an all time low and the playerbase is suffering because of it. I think as soon as he starts playing again, quick play will see an uptake in stand up, law abiding players.

;)

Why don't you use LFG feature on Xbox? It's the best way to find long lasting lobbies where the host doesn't rage. 

@Brogan322

I noticed a trend where LFG groups want you to play by their ''rules'' or you get kicked and blocked.

No spawn killing, let them repair and escape, don't kill them, let them kill you, dance parties etc.

They also only pick themselves or their friends to be Jason.

I also got tired of being asked ''do you have a mic?'' and I say yes. Then have to repeat myself to them as they don't pay attention. I get kicked.

Join an LFG lobby and get kicked immediately as they are waiting for a friend.

Get kicked for having Savini Jason or getting 8/8 kills with Savini Jason.

Killing the host first and they quit the match or kick me right after.

Sometimes I want to play and I'm not in the mood to chat or have background noise. I stay muted and play quickplay in that scenario.

Nothing against LFG posts. I do play them in a private match with forum members. If I'm solo it's quick play.

That has been my experience so far.

2 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Sometimes I want to play and I'm not in the mood to chat or have background noise. I stay muted and play quickplay in that scenario.

Ya I am not a big fan of having my mic on allllll the time. I really only un-mute myself if I have something to say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I think the problem is @Randygbk hasn't streamed in about a month and that's left everybody wondering what happened to the conduit of the game now.

He's not the only one not playing. I've been following a few streamers on Twitch who have been playing since the Christmas Beta in 2016. Recently, they announced that they have stopped playing the game. They had a dedicated base of players, but I rarely see any of them playing anymore either. 

I don't even bother with QP matches. I made a thread about the only one I've played in a month or so. I was farming bots for a while because they are amusing with all the dopey things they do, but I, too, am level 150, and I have a hundred thousand or so CP that I just don't feel like spending on Perk Roulette. It's too time consuming, and the last time I rolled, I kept 1 perk out of 125 rolls. (And, no, it's not because I have 30 epic perks.)

I can relate sir! 

I used to play all the time. Currently it’s been months since I have played. Why you ask? Because of all the bugs (mainly connection issues, host leaving etc.) and yes patches! But that’s another story. So I basically got out if the “habit” of playing because I got tired of spending 30+ minutes to play one damn game with my nephew. I can remember being mellow at the start and 30 minutes later when I can’t get one game in I am pissed. It’s just not worth it to me.

Maybe one day I will return! When and if they ever implement dedicated servers. 

I found lobbies today where ALMOST ALL had 3 people in it, including me. The ones that I did find that had full lobbies, the host quit, other than one where this awkward Roy couldn’t find me and killed everyone else, that was boring. I definitely don’t play as often.

I lost interest until April. Try Dead by Daylight, more polished, but not as fun with friends. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TiffanyIsBae said:

I lost interest until April. Try Dead by Daylight, more polished, but not as fun with friends. 

I get too much hate mail playing that one. People think this community is toxic holy shit.

Red Dead Redemption 2 getting pushed back (again) pretty well assured Friday the 13th will remain my main go-to game for another 7-8 months. I can't get into Dead By Daylight and I'm not a fan of Call of Duty and the like so Crystal Lake is where I'll be dumping hours of free time over the spring and summer. I hope we get all the major updates during this time (engine upgrade/dedicated servers/Uber Jason/Grendel map/Single Player Challenges/Paranoia) so I can enjoy them, because RDR2 is gonna consume my soul for probably a year when it finally drops.

2 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

@GhostWolfViking QP is trash, like, more than usual.  3 hours and I've only had 3 rounds where I got to collect CP. Looks like LFGs are the only way to go until April-Soon(TM)

Anyone who thinks we are getting dedicated servers in April are going to be very disappointed. From what I have read they are working on the engine upgrade for dedicated servers, and the servers will be coming sometime after that. 

The progress of this game has been at a snails pace, and for the excuse of them being a small company has run its course. How many millions have they made off this game?  They can’t hire more developers or even testers to speed all of this along?

My time playing this game has been reduced tremendously, I’m bored of it. I’m maxed out at 150 with over 200k Cp. If they don’t get this next update out by next month I may stop playing it all together.

• Like 1

Why on earth don't you use the LFG if you are on Xbox?

I tell ya, at launch I thought having Xbox was a curse, so many more bugs and late updates vs. ps4 and steam. But I am so glad I use xbox with this game simply because of the LFG . I would not still be playing this game if I had to rely on quickplay. It is garbage. 

7 hours ago, TheRaven said:

Anyone who thinks we are getting dedicated servers in April are going to be very disappointed.

I was saying more so for the people who come back after the next update

5 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Why on earth don't you use the LFG if you are on Xbox?

Depends on the group. Some lobbies are VERY PARTICULAR about how they want to play the game, and that can get annoying.

PSA: Change your preference to counselor if don't want to play as Jason.

Well said.  I wish more players realized this.

19 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Same.  And it was pretty bad before. 

18 hours ago, Reyezblood 03 said:

This game gets me angry more than the enjoyment I get out of playing it

This happens to me whenever I encounter self-entitled brats complaining about how I play.  As long as I am not team killing, trolling, or glitching, shut your mouth.  

• Like 1

I play QP matches on xbox because usually I only get enough time to play a match or two. I have noticed that when I do play there’s less people in the rooms and normally the ping is terrible and everyone seems to be From Europe, I’m in the USA. So after two rubber banding around matches I’ll switch off the game and play something offline.

I've spent more time playing other games.

I echo the frustration in not getting progress towards the achievements. I'm an achievement whore and want to work towards my PhD in Murder achievement, but that seems to be an exercise in futility. Progress is broken for Offline Bots on it and you can't rely on getting proper credit in online games. Seems hit or miss whether it counts when a player quits or host quits ... just frustrating.

I enjoy playing the game, but too much time spent feels wasted.

Yeah, I stopped playing this game as soon as they said they weren't releasing anything until April.

I love the game, but it doesn't have much replay value. After two matches I'm already bored of it.

The updates were the only thing keeping this game fresh, and wanting me to continue playing it. Now.. That just not the case anymore.

It's kinda sad tbh :(. Because the game's great, but it's not entertaining enough to keep me playing.

Even with friends, it gets boring after a while(imo).

• Like 1

I always play quick play, but I tend to only be online during the weekend due to work in the week and a lack of wanting to do anything after eating. I must admit I have noticed a drop in players since the announcement. I expect the player count to rapidly rise once 'the big release' happens in April.

The fact someone needs to put in a 1,000 hours for all achievements is it's own type of insult.