Quinn FTW

Great. Now even the bots are trolling.

The bots have been hilariously bad since they were launched. They get hung up on rocks, get stuck in opening and closing doors. They'll jump out of windows and right back in. 

Hilarious.

Now, I've started to notice even worse behaviors. Counselors don't often get the cars started, but if they do, they will run over other counselors. With reckless abandon. 
Also, I thought they used to be able to drive halfway decently. 

In addition to GTA'ing other counselors, some are prone to suiciding. Don't know if they get stuck in that window out/window in loop, or if they really are depressed and need counseling themselves, but they will sometimes just keep climbing through broken windows until they drop dead.

Has this always been the case, or are bots getting progressively dumber?

Bots do both smart and dumb things. They get stuck in a cycle of going through doors and windows repeatedly. If the window is broken, that means they'll die. However, they never use pocket knives on traps, they always step in them, but don't always heal immediately.

The bots had worse AI when first launched. It was actually improved in the last update, but that said, they still suffer from "objective lock".

IE: You grab them and they drop the weapon/item in their hand, but they have a pocket knife. So, they run from you while you reel back. Except after they get X feet away from you, they suddenly snap back around and go back for their dropped weapon/item, even if it means running right into YOU, seeing the object being more valuable than survival.

This "objective lock" is why they suicide on windows; "Get away from jason" can sometimes be a crapshoot and the AI reads being inside and being outside as being equally bad, but its pathway makes it climb the window since Jason can't navigate the window pathway, but it still ends up in a bad zone, so the nearest exit is... the same window. See how that works?

The car issue is due to the cars being odd in the first place. They normally try to pick up passengers and drive fairly slowly along the main road, but if you are within visual range, they will toss their brain out the window and go deathrace 2000 on the other counselors to "escape" you.

They sometimes drive slowly along the main road. Sometimes, they kick it into reverse and run over everyone behind them, hit a tree, then hop out and run around in circles.

Sometimes, they'll back up, start to turn around, drive forward until they hit something (or someone), hop out, and run for a cabin. 

Sometimes, they'll just start the car and sit there. 

Sometimes, they'll start the car, and drive forward into the nearest tree.

Yesterday,  I had Shelly start the car in Blair's and drive it directly down the embankment and into the water. Then stayed in the car for most of the match.

It's kind of all over the place. Which is both hilarious and hilariously bad. I love it.

I've recently had matches with Lachappa that I refer to as "Cabin Fever Eric".  Maybe the name isn't accurate to the movie of the same name, but closer to 28 Weeks Later.  He comes charging at me with any weapon he has found like a mad man and either goes all out fighting or bait and swings, but stays on the offensive.  Given, it's an Eric bot, and he WILL NOT survive more than a few seconds, but every other bot match he is in he apparently shoots up a testosterone/PCP cocktail and has a death wish running at Jason the way he does.

Honestly I think it's just difficult to program bots well especially in such an open world with hundreds of interactions like F13 meanwhile the team is pretty small.

my favorite is how even though they driven the Car into a rock they just stay in it. But i have to admit though while the bots have lots of issues. I do enjoy seeing them do crazy things over and over.

52 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

The bots have been hilariously bad since they were launched. They get hung up on rocks, get stuck in opening and closing doors. They'll jump out of windows and right back in. 

Hilarious.

Now, I've started to notice even worse behaviors. Counselors don't often get the cars started, but if they do, they will run over other counselors. With reckless abandon. 

In addition to GTA'ing other counselors, some are prone to suiciding. Don't know if they get stuck in that window out/window in loop, or if they really are depressed and need counseling themselves, but they will sometimes just keep climbing through broken windows until they drop dead.

Haha, it’s so annoying but so funny, I’m about to grab a window looping bot and then *Poof Drops Dead* lol it gets me everytime. But yes, I think it’s an error in the coding or something. 

When I saw the title of this thread, I was really hoping someone had a bot teabag them...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Truth said:

When I saw the title of this thread, I was really hoping someone had a bot teabag them...

Same thought here, had hoped for something like „dancing bots before the police“

2 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

Hilarious.

This happens quite frequently in some quick play matches with real people! Don't look down on bots for being dumb sometimes, some of us can be just as bad too!

the other day I saw lachappa in the jarvis house jumping throw the window of the second floor again and again until he died, wtf

I think the bots are fun overall, but they DO do stupid shit, yeah.

My favorite time was when I came up to a cabin that had three bots inside, and literally all three came out the window right where I was standing, one right after the other, and I grabbed all three as they came out and threw them right back in. Made for a nice little pile of bodies inside, lol.

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Bots do both smart and dumb things. They get stuck in a cycle of going through doors and windows repeatedly. If the window is broken, that means they'll die. However, they never use pocket knives on traps, they always step in them, but don't always heal immediately.

I actually had one spring a trap without stepping in it today when I was showing my mom the game this afternoon.

I also encountered the car crash into a rock where three bots just got in and waited to be killed. 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

I've recently had matches with Lachappa that I refer to as "Cabin Fever Eric".  Maybe the name isn't accurate to the movie of the same name, but closer to 28 Weeks Later.  He comes charging at me with any weapon he has found like a mad man and either goes all out fighting or bait and swings, but stays on the offensive.  Given, it's an Eric bot, and he WILL NOT survive more than a few seconds, but every other bot match he is in he apparently shoots up a testosterone/PCP cocktail and has a death wish running at Jason the way he does.

I noticed this about Lachapa also, he has moments that make me think someone went out of there way to program him to act like Rambo.

5 hours ago, Chetork said:

Honestly I think it's just difficult to program bots well especially in such an open world with hundreds of interactions like F13 meanwhile the team is pretty small.

It's also currently impossible to program any kind of AI to equal playing against the unpredictability that is a human being.

Every game I ever played that had PVP or AI had 2 skill levels of players. Those that played PVP the majority of the time would always trounce those that played only against the machine. Any one that was playing here before the bots were introduced is conditioned for a much tougher game than any bot can offer.

• Like 1