I know a lot of people recommend muting the Jason player when you're a counselor so you wouldn't give your position away with your mic.

I can understand that being the case when you have other people in the room and thus there is potential unwanted noise that might give away your position. But when you're alone and know that there will be no unwanted noise, I really recommend you to not mute the Jason player as it makes the game a bit more intense. There have been several situations where Jason is close and I know I have to be quiet to avoid detection, in a hiding spot for example while Jason doesn't know you're in there. You also can not talk to people on the walkie-talkie which might make things more challenging.

Everytime I get super anxious about not moving on my chair irl and not to make any heavy breathing sounds. It really adds to the immersion, try it!

No doubt! Good thread, I totally agree. The only time I mute Jason is if the player is talking stupid nonsense, and I get overly annoyed. Which only happened twice. Otherwise, I love it!

Yeah same here I only mute the Jason player if it's an annoying little kid or a complete butt-head

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, T.W said:

Yeah same here I only mute the Jason player if it's an annoying little kid or a complete butt-head

I mute annoying players period.  The worst is when you hear them from OTHER players' headsets.

For all you squeakers out there:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking to annoy others I can tell you I don't have any patience, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you quiet down when admonished that'll be the end of it. When I am Jason I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will hunt you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Edited by Bropollocreed79
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have too much fun being annoying to the Jason player to mute them :lol:.  Unless its a squeaker that is.

17 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I mute annoying players period.  The worst is when you hear them from OTHER players' headsets.

For all you squeakers out there:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking to annoy others I can tell you I don't have any patience, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you quiet down when admonished that'll be the end of it. When I am Jason I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will tunnel you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Image result for rob roy gif

• Like 1

People always seem so excited to mute kids, but it amazing how rude/trollish adults can be in this game. I mute players a lot, as they just seem to want to rile people up, so I find some amusement muting them and let them just talk away to an audience of Zero. 

I don't mute people often, because I like messing with them, counselor or Jason. But being quiet and trying to not make noise makes this game actually scary. And when people are being jerks, it surprises me how riled up they get when you retaliate with calm and collected comebacks. And queakers say the funniests things sometimes. If they are yelling into the mic I might mute them, but not without getting them slightly more annoyed :D

Jason on mic stalks and hides behind a cabin wall..

"Haha I still see AND hear you behind the wall there, Mr.007!"

Jason reveals himself, twirls around 20 times for the lols, and grabs me anyway. 

Recently there was a Jason player eating taco chips (loud crunching and mhmmm sounds) and drinking beer + burping.

Glad there is a mute function.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

The worst is when you hear them from OTHER players' headsets

The worst. Now I have to mute two people.

i rarely mute people in lobbies, but i had to one time bc the jason kept saying “come here, baby. i’m going to kill you baby.” over and over in a weird accent. i couldn’t handle it.