NoOneK9503

What will be of this game after Jason X?

The title says it all. Will the game be complete and Gun Media will move on? Or there will be other things to add?

There have been a few other threads like this and I mean there is still quite a lot to add such as a part 8 cruise ship/new york map, the voorhees house from part 9 as a map, that Paranoia gamemode that got put on hold etc. On top of that I'm sure there will be plenty of original content to come out as well as new features.

Trying some original things would be nice. Mr. Savini could be consulted on some new content in regards to Jason. An original map or two wouldn't hurt either. At some point they will be out of movie material and when they are assuming the game is still up and running they will have to give us something new. Personally I hope Paranoia mode comes to pass.

I doubt the game will be complete once Jason X is released. There are still plenty of maps from the films to be added and not to mention clothing packs/kill packs and more counselors possibly. This doesn’t even include original work. I’m sure we’ll see and original Jason or two maybe some maps as well.

2 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

Trying some original things would be nice. Mr. Savini could be consulted on some new content in regards to Jason. An original map or two wouldn't hurt either. At some point they will be out of movie material and when they are assuming the game is still up and running they will have to give us something new. Personally I hope Paranoia mode comes to pass.

I would love to see an alternate map, like say Crystal Lake Hell scape. The lake is a lava filled kill zone, the trees are on fire. You would have to do something to open a gateway back to earth, that's your ONLY escape. Only Savini Jason on this map, as It's HIS map. Oh, and he can NOT be killed here! Ultra hard mode!

• Like 2

Not sure I would count on too much future content, considering Gun have set their sights on a new game.

It seems like they have a lot planned for nearish future.  Dedicated Servers for Console, Graphic engine update, single player challenges, new map/new Jasons/tweaking skills.

of course I think we all want some balance changes (and will argue forever what they should be) but if all the above stuff happens, its a nice bit of addition to the game.  I think many people would like to see different Jasons play a little different then each other or get specific changes, but I don't know what sort of long term support people expect.

if you look at the number of people playing this game still, it is very small,  At some point its not worth it for the company to support a dying game.  :( 

I'm sure they could still add things to the game. As others have said, they could add a part 6 map, part 7 map, part 8 map, and part 9 map. Also some new kill packs, and clothing packs. And even though this is a stretch, maybe add Pamela at some point down the line? Also, possibly add some new counselors from the movies, like Trish from part 4, Megan from part 6, and so many more.

I would be more worried if the above video mentioned Illfonic. Gun can work on their end with more than one team of programmers, and not hurt the Friday title. If anything them branching out could be taken as a good sign, much like working with a separate team for the virtual cabin 2. (If someone happens to know who the team was please add it, they deserve credit :D.) 

I think your all being a little too pessimistic, I do understand your worry but feel it's misplaced. Gunmedia needs this game to be their Mario for lack of a better term. If they can be given some flexibility to expand the audience, while finishing their core premise, the game will be fine. 

Currently the game is like a board game, a complicated one, but one that can be broken down fairly easily to its individual pieces. To be a real success and win more of the praise/awards they got around the beta/release the game needs to expand to the point of being closer to a tabletop RPG. By that I mean there needs to be more than one path to making you counselor feel unique. From the sounds of it Paranioa's designed/play tested the paper way, which makes me think the engine upgrade is necessary to pull it off. The game needs variety, not just one kind or another, if every part of the code was looked at hopeful it has been tweaked to make changes easier in the future. 

New metas need to be introduced by way of mechanics and items to give players options. Each stat or character type needs to have options that feel meant for them. The counselors are the majority of players in a match, Jason should be OP but this just means counselors can get buffed to. If you need a repair characters to upgrade weapons without alerting Jason, If you want to take Jason on a run with a boom box blocking out other sound bubbles. If you get away but the lobby wants to keep going straight into another match/camp(Road Map), I think these things could all be done. 

Counselors need their own offline mode, it doesn't have to be a second property (it could be, ;)). I do love playing Jason, when I bought it I thought I'd hate being a counselor, I like both sides maybe more than is healthy. I want to practice as a counselor more though. The single player challenges will definitely be a big draw, and I'm looking forward to them. I just feel that if later this year/early next year if counselors got the same love, it would breath new life into the game.

• Like 1

I love to see more counselors added and i know it's been mentioned before the ability to do a crazy amount of counselors bot mode. I mean i think it be so much fun to have a ton and see how many you could kill in 20 minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Not sure I would count on too much future content, considering Gun have set their sights on a new game.

I hope Gun & Illphonic both keep the focus on fixing/updating F13:TG. I mean, it's just not a polished game. 

Hopefully this new project is very early in development (ie: concepts/visual style/storyboarding) and won't hinder completion of the (backer financed) project that gave these companies their big break.

(Or a lesser man could comment by saying "Maybe the team behind 'Layers of Fear' asked themselves if their next big project should be 40% as good as it could be and include horrible glitches" 😈)

8 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

The title says it all. Will the game be complete and Gun Media will move on? Or there will be other things to add?

Probably, just Sorrow and disappointment :j2:

The Jason in Freddy vs. Jason would be a great addition to the game after Jason X and Gun Media should discuss trades with those that own that Jason. It sounds like too much; but there's not gonna be a Friday the 13th Part 2 The Game. The game is great! Put as much into it as you can.

I think we're nearing the end of the development cycle, I've thought that for a bit. I don't know what that means for Friday the 13th in general.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:25 AM, NoOneK9503 said:

The title says it all. 

Does it though?

zELPNbdTfi_gZpGl_qvFojxJY2dESYAPo0EfKeh2

13 hours ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Maybe @ShiftySamurai might read this stuff and weigh in on it

I mean, we haven't announced a firm release date for Uber Jason - Jason X is, to me, Jason before Uberfication, and Ronnie has stated that we currently have no plans to add him - so it would be hard to say what all is coming after him. 

We will have more than Uber Jason, a map, and dedicated servers, though. We aren't talking about things that far out yet, as the only stuff I am talking about, or answer questions about, is what is coming in the next update. That's the focus.

5 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I mean, we haven't announced a firm release date for Uber Jason - Jason X is, to me, Jason before Uberfication, and Ronnie has stated that we currently have no plans to add him - so it would be hard to say what all is coming after him. 

We will have more than Uber Jason, a map, and dedicated servers, though. We aren't talking about things that far out yet, as the only stuff I am talking about, or answer questions about, is what is coming in the next update. That's the focus.

Ok, when you say "no plans to add pre-Uber Jason," what can you tell us? "No plans" as in, "we don't want to add pre-Uber Jason" or "we have too many other things on our plate to think about pre-Uber Jason right now." ??

22 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Ok, when you say "no plans to add pre-Uber Jason," what can you tell us? "No plans" as in, "we don't want to add pre-Uber Jason" or "we have too many other things on our plate to think about pre-Uber Jason right now." ??

My guess is that the model artist as some difficulties trying to model certain aspects of that Jason (pre-uber) for the moment,like the face or the clothes for exemple and still need to work on it.

Uber Jason was made before that one probably because we can see the details of his body more clearly than pre-uber and that it was probably easier for them to invent a face for Uber than it is to accurately re-create the face of pre-uber.

Its only a guess tough.

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I'm probably reading too much into this but shifty said he is only answering questions and talking about what's coming in next update. But before that he said he's not talking about stuff that far out while speaking about Uber, Grendel and dedicated servers and that more would come after. So was he saying that Uber and servers are really far off or stuff after Uber and servers is really far out??

5 hours ago, FreakyFrank1 said:

My guess is that the model artist as some difficulties trying to model certain aspects of that Jason (pre-uber) for the moment,like the face or the clothes for exemple and still need to work on it.

Uber Jason was made before that one probably because we can see the details of his body more clearly than pre-uber and that it was probably easier for them to invent a face for Uber than it is to accurately re-create the face of pre-uber.

Its only a guess tough.

Pre Uber was showcased in that movie way waaaaay more than Uber jason so if anything it would be harder for them to see full details of Uber than pre Uber.  Uber didn't happen until the last 15-20 minutes of the film. Just saying...