TheReaper666

Let passengers in the car before the car is started.

Please for the love of God allow us to get in the passenger or back seat of a car before it is started. I can't count how many times I have repaired a car, or me and a friend repaired a car just to be left by someone else who hops in the driver's seat and takes off, or decides to try and run you over. It's a simple fix, just allow anyone to get in the car at at anytime. I'm standing here button mashing the X button on PS4 only to have nothing happen except the car take off as soon as it starts. 

• Like 3

No.

That's not only opening so much room for trolling and fucking entire teams over, it's making much ado about nothing.

You get left behind sometimes.  Get over it.  It's not broken, it's made that way.  I think they could put more punishments for people who teamkill tho.

When the driver has the keys, you should be able to get in as a passenger before the car is started. If this was real life and Jason was out there, you're not going to patiently stand next to the car waiting for the driver to start it up before you decide to get in. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

When the driver has the keys, you should be able to get in as a passenger before the car is started. If this was real life and Jason was out there, you're not going to patiently stand next to the car waiting for the driver to start it up before you decide to get in. 

Ah.  I misinterpreted your message as "Not allowing the car to start until everyone is inside it"

My mistake.

• Like 1

I think those that help fix the car e.g fit battery or pour the fuel should be able to sit in the passenger seat as soon as the person with the keys gets in. Its annoying when you get the car ready and someone chooses to leave you behind intentionally. However I see the option for everybody getting in the car at anytime open to exploit even if its a stupid thing to do- you'll get that one person that sits in the car for almost the entire game until its fixed. I think the balance could be, you can get in the passenger seats when the driver enters the car no earlier.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, RezBlaze said:

Ah.  I misinterpreted your message as "Not allowing the car to start until everyone is inside it"

My mistake.

Jesus the misinterpreted Idea Sounds so scary! Even worse than Jason, Imagine if that was actually in the game and a Teamer who was teaming with Jason Didn't get in!

Now for the Actual Topic, Yeah I actually like that idea, It's annoying to wait to get into the car, Even though Jason is already coming here.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I can see getting in after the person with the keys gets in. Once the person with the keys gets in, the keys should stay in, even if they get back out before starting it.

This would make sense. I also wish the fuse stayed in once the repair was started. I get so sick of Jason morphing to it and the counselor running off with the fuse, never to be seen again. I always drop it before I take off, but having it just stay in would be great.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Truth said:

This would make sense. I also wish the fuse stayed in once the repair was started. I get so sick of Jason morphing to it and the counselor running off with the fuse, never to be seen again. I always drop it before I take off, but having it just stay in would be great.

THIS! So much this!! It makes NO SENSE that the repairer PULLS THE FUSE BACK OUT once they start the repair and are interrupted. This, along with allowing others to open the car doors as soon as the driver's side door is opened makes all the sense in the world.

I hope the devs are listening. I'd love to hear their thoughts on it.  :(

• Like 2

Yeah I didn't mean let everyone in the car before it's repaired. People would abuse that by sitting in the car while others were repairing it. Not a good idea. Allowing you to get in as soon as the driver gets in is what I was trying to say. It's so dumb that you have to stand there waiting for the car to start before you can even open the door. The funny part is, usually the people who leave you can't drive worth a shit and end up crashing anyways lol. I have been left many times and ran over many times and it's annoying, especially when you did all the repairs yourself and still get left. 

7 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

People would abuse that by sitting in the car while others were repairing it. Not a good idea.

That would be SO Chad.

Sitting in the backseat of the car while someone furiously works under the hood to fix it AND avoid Jason.

"Hurry up, you cur! Do you want him to KILL ME? Get this awful vehicle fixed immediately and remove me from this place. If anyone else tries to get in, run them down. I'm not riding with peasants. And don't whine to me about 'Betrayal penalties,'  either. That's your problem, not mine. HURRY, you sewer rat!!!"

13 minutes ago, TheReaper666 said:

People would abuse that by sitting in the car while others were repairing it. Not a good idea. Allowing you to get in as soon as the driver gets in is what I was trying to say.

Ah yes, allow people to get in the car so long as there is a driver in it. If the driver gets out or is pulled out, the passengers can get out, but can't get back in as passengers until the car has been started for the first time.

21 hours ago, TheReaper666 said:

In real life, I'd hop in a car window, or grab on the roof to make that getaway. Just watch those bumps and turns. :D

29 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

In real life, I'd hop in a car window, or grab on the roof to make that getaway. Just watch those bumps and turns

In real life, every person in the vicinity would be in or on the car when it took off. I've hood surfed before, and it was only because I'd had a few drinks, not because there was a crazy ass zombie with a weapon after me!  Also, I don't care how much shit you stuffed in the back seat of that yellow car...I'm getting in! :lol:

@TheReaper666 I agree with your idea 💯%. After the car is fixed and the person with the keys enters the driver's seat it is perfectly plausible that they would hit the door locks and let people in. 

2 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

In real life, every person in the vicinity would be in or on the car when it took off. I've hood surfed before, and it was only because I'd had a few drinks, not because there was a crazy ass zombie with a weapon after me!  Also, I don't care how much shit you stuffed in the back seat of that yellow car...I'm getting in! :lol:

@TheReaper666 I agree with your idea 💯%. After the car is fixed and the person with the keys enters the driver's seat it is perfectly plausible that they would hit the door locks and let people in. 

I wanted to try hood surfing in my younger days. How'd that work out for you?

4 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I lived, miraculously! I never fell. *Don't try it kids!!*  Let's just say...I had fun in college. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I lived, miraculously! I never fell. *Don't try it kids!!*  Let's just say...I had fun in college. :lol:

Sounds like good times.

On 3/7/2018 at 6:57 AM, TheReaper666 said:

The fact that people are waiting at the car and basically camping it is the players own problem. The way it is now is fair and good. If people could just enter the car without it being started it would simply lead them to troll jason and exploit the few second immunity to jasons grab / hit while entering / exiting the car.

8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Don't mean to make this dark turn, but I actually had a friend die from that. His brain turned sideways in his skull and he was in a coma for a few days before they removed life support.

1 dumb ass decision took his life, and ruined several of his closest friends' lives.

Just be smart about what you do. Some things just aren't worth it.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:57 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

That would be SO Chad.

Sitting in the backseat of the car while someone furiously works under the hood to fix it AND avoid Jason.

If waiting in the car was an option, I only think it fair that Chad should actually spawn there for most rounds. Waiting patiently for others to do the work.

2 hours ago, Truth said:

Don't mean to make this dark turn, but I actually had a friend die from that. His brain turned sideways in his skull and he was in a coma for a few days before they removed life support.

1 dumb ass decision took his life, and ruined several of his closest friends' lives.

Just be smart about what you do. Some things just aren't worth it.

That is unfortunate.

No worries about the dark turn. Your name is truth, and sometimes, the truth of life leads to some bad outcomes.

• Thanks 1

I agree. I think it's odd tbat you have to start it before anyone can get in. You also can't move the car when someone is in the process of entering, which has screwed myself and I'm sure plenty others before.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:36 AM, RezBlaze said:

No.

That's not only opening so much room for trolling and fucking entire teams over, it's making much ado about nothing.

You get left behind sometimes.  Get over it. 

*facepalm.   

How about YES.      Your  reasoning for NO is pretty stupid.  "No don't let them in the car, sometimes you get let behind".    DafuK?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HuDawg said:

*facepalm.   

How about YES.      Your  reasoning for NO is pretty stupid.  "No don't let them in the car, sometimes you get let behind".    DafuK?

You can't call my reasoning stupid and proceed to not give reasoning yourself, you hypocrite.

I misinterproted the post anyway.

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, TheReaper666 said:

Yeah I didn't mean let everyone in the car before it's repaired. People would abuse that by sitting in the car while others were repairing it. Not a good idea. Allowing you to get in as soon as the driver gets in is what I was trying to say. It's so dumb that you have to stand there waiting for the car to start before you can even open the door. The funny part is, usually the people who leave you can't drive worth a shit and end up crashing anyways lol. I have been left many times and ran over many times and it's annoying, especially when you did all the repairs yourself and still get left. 

Most types of cars back in the early 80's did not have a button to unlock the doors, a Cadillac... maybe. The driver (or a passenger after the driver unlocked one door) would have to reach over to the door and pull up the lock, on each door. The animations and extra time it would take to let everyone in could be detrimental to the counselor's health, however.
   I do like the idea of everyone being able to enter as soon as the driver gets into the car. I have noticed though, if you spam the e-button while the driver is starting the car and you are standing in the right place beside a door, it will let you in and he cannot pull away until you get in (if this is unintentional, I hope they leave it in). I have even heard a few Chads saying, "Why won't the damn car move!" while I was entering and they were trying to pull away without me.