FunMonster

The final chapter

I joined this 'community' hoping that it would be a gathering of like minded people who enjoyed the game and franchise, and who wanted to share ideas and thoughts about it. How wrong was I? Every thread I read turns into a bitch fight and most peoples ideas are just met with hate and mockery. This place is crowded with arrogant sociopaths and loathesome and despicable trolls, who want nothing more than to ruin your day. Same goes for the game. I'll just stick to offline bots from now on I think. I don't want to be part of this anymore. This is my last post. Good riddance.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

I joined this 'community' hoping that it would be a gathering of like minded people who enjoyed the game and franchise...

This place is crowded with arrogant sociopaths and loathesome and despicable trolls, 

Be the change you seek. Also, bye.

• Like 1

@FunMonster Nooo! Every member of the forum is important! This place is where we share our ideas and hope other to discuss them! Don't go! I know it may be hard sometimes, but there are some good moments too (don't forget the mods, who are here to clean up our mess)!

This place needs you as much as any other member of this forum! Look at me. I have more than 1.000 posts and even though I rarely get likes, I got my own ways of being recognized here!

And you are a nice guy too. So, that's a plus to this toxic forum!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

. This place is crowded with arrogant sociopaths and loathesome and despicable trolls, who want nothing more than to ruin your day.

Sounds like my friends..  Good times :D

It's totally your choice man, and I can definitely see where you're coming from. I agree, this forum is full of trolls, but not everyone here is. My advice is to just ignore the trolls and interact with everyone else. Sadly, this is pretty much true of all forums, not just this one. And as for the trolls in the actual game itself, that's true as well, and here's how you fix that. Play with a good group of mature, like minded players who play the game correctly. If you're on console, add them as your friends.

I have yet to see any game forum that doesn't read or feel just like this one. People can be jerks. Especially on the internet. The biggest reason anyone joins a forum for a game is their passion for it. It leads to heated posts and arguments. It can be fun at times though. People need to learn not to feed trolls and roll with it when people disagree. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FunMonster said:

I joined this 'community' hoping that it would be a gathering of like minded people who enjoyed the game and franchise, and who wanted to share ideas and thoughts about it. How wrong was I? Every thread I read turns into a bitch fight and most peoples ideas are just met with hate and mockery. This place is crowded with arrogant sociopaths and loathesome and despicable trolls, who want nothing more than to ruin your day. Same goes for the game. I'll just stick to offline bots from now on I think. I don't want to be part of this anymore. This is my last post. Good riddance.

Farewell fellow Fourm Memebr, you’ll be missed. 

Take a step back... breathe.... maybe have a beer, unless you are too young, then maybe a carbonated soda. Come back with a clear head. 
   We all have ideas ridiculed.... its part of life. Sometimes it leads to coming up with new ideas, or better ideas that are totally unrelated to the original idea, or even some major improvement that would never be implemented at all anyway. Only so much content or ideas will even make it into the game. But any idea could lead to something cool that does make it into the game. 
   There are trolls everywhere, good people too. Once you recognize trolls for what they are.... you can ignore them, at least online. When talking to real people, face to face.... it becomes harder to ignore... but trolls crave attention.... ignoring them can be the worst insult that you could throw at them and its less stressful for you.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Take a step back... breathe.... maybe have a beer, unless you are too young, then maybe a carbonated soda. Come back with a clear head. 
   We all have ideas ridiculed.... its part of life. Sometimes it leads to coming up with new ideas, or better ideas that are totally unrelated to the original idea, or even some major improvement that would never be implemented at all anyway. Only so much content or ideas will even make it into the game. But any idea could lead to something cool that does make it into the game. 
   There are trolls everywhere, good people too. Once you recognize trolls for what they are.... you can ignore them, at least online. When talking to real people, face to face.... it becomes harder to ignore... but trolls crave attention.... ignoring them can be the worst insult that you could throw at them and its less stressful for you.

This. If you leave the forum due to trolls, you're giving them what they want. It's their goal to upset you, but if you just ignore them, they will eventually go away. Honestly, it's just a complete waste of time paying any attention to trolls. If you're looking at a thread, and see a troll comment, just ignore it, scroll past it, and go on to the real comments that actually matter. If you respond to the troll comments, they win and you lose, because they want attention. Do not feed them.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, FunMonster said:

I have tried to be respectful and level-headed whenever I respond to you, even in disagreement. Anyways, good luck.

5 hours ago, FunMonster said:

Hahaha, I think you need to take a long, looooong look into the mirror. 

886.gif?w=748

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, FunMonster said:

Hope you change your mind. I, too, got into an argument when I started with the forums and felt the whole community was against me. But I came back because I realized I had been presenting myself in an instigating way. I hadn't meant to, it just happened.

So, I decided to try again, and just be me. I decided to not let those who "told it like it was" not make me angry, and instead learn why they were saying what they were saying.

It turned out that about 85% of the people here are actually pretty decent folks who want to have great discussions about a common interest, and want to engage others (including you) in those talks.

Granted, about 15% of those who post here regularly ARE trolls and cause more negativity than positivity. Thankfully, we have some great mods here who keep an eye out for them and try their best to weed them out.

Again, if you love the game, I hope you stay, @FunMonster. We need more people who genuinely love the game, and less of those who just want to get a rise out of people.

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Hope you change your mind. I, too, got into an argument when I started with the forums and felt the whole community was against me. But I came back because I realized I had been presenting myself in an instigating way. I hadn't meant to, it just happened.

So, I decided to try again, and just be me. I decided to not let those who "told it like it was" not make me angry, and instead learn why they were saying what they were saying.

It turned out that about 85% of the people here are actually pretty decent folks who want to have great discussions about a common interest, and want to engage others (including you) in those talks.

Granted, about 15% of those who post here regularly ARE trolls and cause more negativity than positivity. Thankfully, we have some great mods here who keep an eye out for them and try their best to weed them out.

Again, if you love the game, I hope you stay, @FunMonster. We need more people who genuinely love the game, and less of those who just want to get a rise out of people.

Agreed. Pretty decent folks around here with the odd dick thrown in the mix every now and again. And you just can't let the dicks win man. ;)

• X wants everyone to act a certain way
  • No one acts the way X wants
  • Everybody but X is the problem

:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Everybody but X is the problem

Nevermind. I blame Bears.

B)

Not quite the 'FunMonster' after all...

Firstly, I apologise if anything I have posted has annoyed you in anyway, I know we are at two different ends of the spectrum on a certain topic and I think we both voiced our opinions equally well. I am sorry to hear your decision to quit the forum - but remember you still have your account. Perhaps after you cool off a bit you should try the forum again. When the next big update hits around April, the forum will be a hive of activity so don't miss out!

I hope you take the time to read the above supportive comments, never let a bad day get you down even if its your own making.

8 hours ago, FunMonster said:

Well then, you better not post again. If you do, you’ll be an attention-craving jerk like those you complain about. Because you certainly can’t say that this post didn’t get a lot of attention, especially if you randomly come back acting like nothing happened. I’m all for new members, but you don’t really have to make a post bashing people and then claim to leave. Also, judging by your recent posts it seems you can be pretty toxic yourself. If this post isn’t meant for grabbing attention, then I give you my deepest apologies, but normally people don’t have to try to make their absence sting before leaving.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elias Voorhees said:

Agreed. Pretty decent folks around here with the odd dick thrown in the mix every now and again. And you just can't let the dicks win man. ;)

We've already won:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, FunMonster said:

You're welcome everybody.

This is what happens when you quadruple post on a regular basis

• Haha 2

I'm disappointed by a few of the posts in this thread. Instead of being the kind of posters he thinks you are, why not just post nothing instead? You don't need to respond to it just for the sake of it, especially if what you post is not of a nice nature.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1