103 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you like this game?

• I’m a huge fan of the movies
    • I get to play as the iconic, Jason Voorhees
    • I feel like I’m in one of the movies
    • It’s a really fun game to play with my friends
    • Other
    • I don’t like this game. I only play it because I payed $40

The game got me excited for the series, since I was always primarily a Nightmare fan myself. Before, I knew that Jason Voorhees was a big guy in a mask who wasn't very fond of sex.

Now, you tell me a line from the movies and I can give you the chapter and verse. :lol::JasonPt8:

@Chace Hollett I can't vote until you put in an option for all of the above, including 'other'. There is no one reason why I love this game, there are many reasons. Including all of those that are listed. Each reason is just as valid as the next to me.

I loved these movies growing up, I got to see 5 of them in the theater(parts 3-8). Thats the reason I bought the game, but the reason I like to play it is that its like a dungeon raid with the added difficulty of the boss you have to defeat is typically smarter than any AI in any game. I don't get bored playing it because every match is different and it's impossible to predict what is going to happen.

54 minutes ago, Hal Bailman said:

The game got me excited for the series, since I was always primarily a Nightmare fan myself. Before, I knew that Jason Voorhees was a big guy in a mask who wasn't very fond of sex.

Now, you tell me a line from the movies and I can give you the chapter and verse. :lol::JasonPt8:

Alright, challenge accepted.

Where's that... that corkscrew? That fancy corkscrew for the wine bottle?
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Alright, challenge accepted.

Where's that... that corkscrew? That fancy corkscrew for the wine bottle?

Well, it was in a lot of places! Presumably the drawer, then Jason's hands, then Glover's hand, then the evidence bag... :lol:

6 hours ago, hu_soldier13 said:

Definitely! I won't be on any this upcoming weekend with Monster Mania happening but I'll be back soon enough, may try to jump in with our people in the next day or two.

Cool, I'll try to get on tomorrow. Been studying Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius and Nero trying to help Rach with her Roman Empire studies. Her grades are in need of some dusty old, uber nerd dad help! Between that and Ancient Greek studies, we've been off for a while. I'll try to close the books for some fun time at camp with everyone tomorrow.

8 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Not going to lie.  I'm 39 years old and I've never seen a Friday the 13th movie.  I play this game because it is a great cat & mouse game and a great way to meet new people and have a great time interacting with them.

I was in the same boat as you, but you have me by about a year, with the caveat that I saw Fredddy v. Jason and the F13 remake in theater when they came out.

I did pick up the box set of 1-8 on DVD and have found the films fascinating.  I'm more of an Evil Dead guy myself, but I can definitely see the allure for fans of the "Friday the 13th" Series.  Not a bad way to spend a few hours, imo, especially compared to the utter shit that gets greenlit nowadays.  

Edit: I voted for "Other" because the fire of hate that keeps me warm at nigh is fueled by the bitter tears of others, and nothing satisfes that urge like sweeping the lobby as Jason.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, carnage4u said:

I can't murder people in real life due to "reasons" so its relaxing to let go of stress in this game.

I think that's enough of a statement for the FBI to start a file

Haven't seen all the movie (just parts I caught on TV when I was a kid), so I wouldn't call myself a fan.  The game is fun and it's trilling to encounter a being that can end you off of 1 (or 2....thank you PK!) mistake.

On 3/6/2018 at 2:27 PM, hu_soldier13 said:

Fan of the movies, getting to play as Jason, and playing with my group of friends. Lately what had been keeping me playing were the friends I've made. I have just as good and as many if not more friends through this game than in real life, I'm kind of a recluse due to how much I work so this game is how I socialize.

With that being said I'm semi-retired from the game at least until the engine upgrade. Playing every day for around 6 months along with the repetition has pretty much burned me out on this game.

Just adding to my older post since most of the people I play with are forum members.

So after playing a total of 3 maybe 4 matches over the last 2 weeks I think it's safe to say I'm done with this game. It's been fun and I'm not leaving the game due to any issues on Gun's/Illfonic's end, it's mostly that the repetition has just gotten to me after playing religiously for almost 6 months. The engine upgrade may bring me back but then again it may not at this point, we'll see.

It got my attention during the beta being "Friday the13th" I watched beta videos and did some re-search late 2016 and liked the concept of the game it's self, along with the proximity chat feature and believe it or not that is the main reason why I personally wanted to buy this game because of the proximity chat within the game, taught it was a cool feature and it is. Now! I still play it because I've made quite a few great friends due to this game and really enjoy playing with them. :)

Stuck between loving the movies and playing with friends :)

Edit : @WashingtonJones you little rascal you do not only play this game because you paid 40 dollars >.<

Films.

Always genuinely surprised to have someone who hasn't seen the films tell me what the game is supposed to be like. :/

1 hour ago, Chetork said:

Edit : @WashingtonJones you little rascal you do not only play this game because you paid 40 dollars >.<

WHAT!

You can see the names of the voters?

I was hoping to be the only one who voted for that.

I of course love this game, and it's because I'm a huge fan of horror. The game actually made more of a fan of Jason.

I started playing because my brother watched the AVGN video and bought the game.  We took turns and I got hooked.  The appeal to me is the classic "David vs Goliath" as counselor vs Jason.  Overcoming a monster that the game designed to be stacked in his favor and prevailing is very satisfying.

Blah, forgot I already posted here :P

Fan of the movies and this is a game I have wanted for years. Finally having it is pretty cool, trolls and bugs aside.

I love playing as Jason and killing everyone. I usually go part 4 Jason and slash everyone. It's especially satisfying when i'm being gang attacked and I manage to turn the tide.

On 3/6/2018 at 9:52 PM, Bropollocreed79 said:

I was in the same boat as you, but you have me by about a year, with the caveat that I saw Fredddy v. Jason and the F13 remake in theater when they came out.

I did pick up the box set of 1-8 on DVD and have found the films fascinating.  I'm more of an Evil Dead guy myself, but I can definitely see the allure for fans of the "Friday the 13th" Series.  Not a bad way to spend a few hours, imo, especially compared to the utter shit that gets greenlit nowadays.  

Edit: I voted for "Other" because the fire of hate that keeps me warm at nigh is fueled by the bitter tears of others, and nothing satisfes that urge like sweeping the lobby as Jason.

This right here lol except i have been watching these movies since about 5 or 6 and still love them, with all of their campiness and plot holes.

Well , I love this game , I Play it most of the time alone (maybe that will Change someday) , I think it´s gameplay is also really cool.

I bought this game for my friend and knew next to nothing about Horror movies but still more than the average Person but I was a bit interested in the slasher genre. I bought this game on PS4 and we could actually Play it together with the Price of one! But with the time time I got really interested in those Kind of movies. I got to love Jason and my brother has those movies. So I got to love also the movies and finally found my favorite movie(s)! Now , I think that this game is so unique with the Inspiration and Jason is sooooo cool , I think I Play this game because there is Jason in it and I can Play him.

Even though I hate PVP multiplayer games , I love this game. And you can Play it relaxed , which is very important.

It became my third favorite game (and trust me , I´ve played a ton of games).

So yeah , this game had a big Impact on me and I love it , for what it is and the community and I still love the gameplay and , and , and.

Because I love it. 

Because it's fun to be scared.

Because it's fun to scare people.

I sure it's one of those, or maybe I play because it is play. As a adult there are not enough opportunities to just do that.