Where is my brethren that understand the sanctity of these blessed obstacles of evil? And that evil is Jason. This wretched deviant has dark powers that allow him to seemingly disappear and reappear after covering considerable ground. Out in the wild you are in danger. Fear not though as the beast cannot enter windows for some reason we've yet to ascertain. This means he must go through doors. These mythical doors dispel whatever dark magics he is employing and force him to show himself. 

Now there are many guardians that use their powers of good to fight him through doors, though the evil one can counter doing the same. I commend these brave souls putting up the good fight. Some may even trap behind the door to catch Jason off guard. The problem with this is that the sly devil may know your scheme and use this "shifting" ability of his to possibly turn your well intentioned trap against you. 

What I do, to truly try and preserve our most Holy doors is to trap the front of it. This will make the heinous monster have no choice but to step in the trap if he wants to desecrate your bastion of defense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

Where is my brethren that understand the sanctity of these blessed obstacles of evil? And that evil is Jason. This wretched deviant has dark powers that allow him to seemingly disappear and reappear after covering considerable ground. Out in the wild you are in danger. Fear not though as the beast cannot enter windows for some reason we've yet to ascertain. This means he must go through doors. These mythical doors dispel whatever dark magics he is employing and force him to show himself. 

Now there are many guardians that use their powers of good to fight him through doors, though the evil one can counter doing the same. I commend these brave souls putting up the good fight. Some may even trap behind the door to catch Jason off guard. The problem with this is that the sly devil may know your scheme and use this "shifting" ability of his to possibly turn your well intentioned trap against you. 

What I do, to truly try and preserve our most Holy doors is to trap the front of it. This will make the heinous monster have no choice but to step in the trap if he wants to desecrate your bastion of defense. 

I actually dont like placing traps in front of doors. They are more likely to catch Jason, yes, but also more likely to catch fellow counsellors, especially if they are placed awkwardly. 

Also, most of the time counsellors are waiting for Jason to enter before they hop to the next cabin. I want Jason trapped so that I can climb out the window and have a head start to the next cabin. The trap does me no good if I am going to wait for him to break the door down anyway. Plus, if he shifts over the trap then I can hop out and I have just forced him to burn his shift.

I understand the logic to trapping the outside of doors instead, and I see that there are some benefits but I don't think it is actually any better per say. Sure, you are more likely to trap Jason, but the trap "stun" itself is no more useful. If anything, this method is sometimes worse.

Still, I understand why some favour it.

PS: fun post, I appreciated your whimsical style.

• Thanks 1

@CPLhicks31 Thanks for the compliment. If you snag the dreaded Jason outside the door, you can hop out the window just the same as if he does so coming into a trap after breaking. Especially if it's your first time trapping him in the round as you'll get the points notification if you're not close enough for the sound cue. 

Very good point about making him burn his shift. Still, you can have vengeance for the holy door by trapping both sides of it. That's always fun and payback for Jason ignoring the initial warning of the outside trap. 

I like to think of myself as a master trapper. It was one of my first badges completed lol. 

7 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Hahaha! I love it! Funny post, good stuff! Keep on trapping, I'll keep looking out for em. And by all means, defend the doors!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Hahaha! I love it! Funny post, good stuff! Keep on trapping, I'll keep looking out for em. And by all means, defend the doors!

Thank you. I will keep on trapping in the name of the Holy door. 

Please, please don't trap the doors. There are far better uses of traps than that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Tommy said:

@CPLhicks31 Thanks for the compliment. If you snag the dreaded Jason outside the door, you can hop out the window just the same as if he does so coming into a trap after breaking. Especially if it's your first time trapping him in the round as you'll get the points notification if you're not close enough for the sound cue. 

Very good point about making him burn his shift. Still, you can have vengeance for the holy door by trapping both sides of it. That's always fun and payback for Jason ignoring the initial warning of the outside trap. 

I like to think of myself as a master trapper. It was one of my first badges completed lol. 

It's not the same. If you trap outside the door, Jason has to break out before he smashes in the door.Once the door is smashed there is nothing to slow him down. By placing the trap inside, Jason will break the door and step in it, buying you a few more seconds to get outside after the door is gone. 

The advantage to trapping outside is that Jason has to step in it before he can break the door. It's pretty much a guaranteed success. The advantage to inside is that if Jason steps in it (and he will most often if the trap is placed right) you'll have a bit more time to get away. 

Trapping both sides of the door is nice if you can snag an extra trap early on. Jason's usually pull a WTF is this nonsense, and that's gold in my book. 

• Like 1

I have to agree with @Risinggrave here. 

Though trapping the outside is effective, as soon as he breaks out, there is no defense other than hopping out of broken windows or making like single mothers and table dancing.

When Jason is in menstrual mode, at least a trap behind the door buys you an extra couple seconds to hop out to the next cabin.

Just noticed, i have never really seen videos of stun locking after being trapped.

• Haha 1

Don't trap the inside of locked doors because the trap will block you from hitting Jason through the door when he attempts to break it down. 

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

....or making like single mothers and table dancing.

When Jason is in menstrual mode....

WHOA! Not cool BRO!

#TIMESUP 
#METOO

#TWOTHOUSANDTHPOST

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Trapping both sides of the door is nice if you can snag an extra trap early on. Jason's usually pull a WTF is this nonsense, and that's gold in my book. 

Nicely put. It's exactly what I'm going for when I do it. 

I love setting traps for Jason, sometimes I set one ten to fifteen feet in front of the car I plan on taking. You'd be surprised how many good Jason's walk right into it when they hear me honking the horn. The double door trap also seems to deter a newer Jason from wanting to chase you. He hits two traps, while your calm as can be, until he's in the second one, then by the time he makes it out the door your already in the next cabin. If you have a third trap, you wait for Jason to come to the door then set it, so he hears the sound of doom. Bye, bye Jason.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good squire @The Tommy. I commend you for sharing your gracious knowledge of the door defending. This monsterous Jason has demonic powers, and this beast from hell must be stopped. I'm sure your wise words of wisdom have saved few from this hellraisers wrath, and the more door stunning we do, and the more traps we set, wll get us one step closer to defeating this heathen with the magic spell of "Rage Quit". But one a more serious note, this post gave a me a good laugh. And I love to cheese Jason with a bat through a door, especially when its a salty high level part 4 who doesn't know about combat stancing the door. Every smack of the door, gives him a smack from God's Wrath from the holy Chad.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, The Tommy said:

What I do, to truly try and preserve our most Holy doors is to trap the front of it.

Works well but also takes a little extra effort and time. I've also seen a few counselors get caught in them while running to the window. In my opinion, it's best to place it inside. Worst case, just hop out the window when he shifts and now he's stuck inside with the trap again. 

• Like 1

To me, I trap the outside of a door since Jason will have to step in it to start breaking the door down. Then once he starts attacking the door, there's possibility for door combat. Not to mention if Jason is in Rage mode and uses the instant door destruction it's pretty much a guaranteed stun if you have a bat. 

If the trap is placed inside, the possibility of stunning Jason with a weapon is eliminated completely.

6 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

It's not the same. If you trap outside the door, Jason has to break out before he smashes in the door.Once the door is smashed there is nothing to slow him down. By placing the trap inside, Jason will break the door and step in it, buying you a few more seconds to get outside after the door is gone. 

The advantage to trapping outside is that Jason has to step in it before he can break the door. It's pretty much a guaranteed success. The advantage to inside is that if Jason steps in it (and he will most often if the trap is placed right) you'll have a bit more time to get away. 

Trapping both sides of the door is nice if you can snag an extra trap early on. Jason's usually pull a WTF is this nonsense, and that's gold in my book. 

Yup, this is what I was getting at as well. Personally, I just prefer the extra time to slip away (I am typically slow counsellors). And I consider it a bonus when Jason burns his shift over the trap.

Since I've completed the badge for trapping Jason, I generally don't bother with bear traps anymore.  It takes too much time to fetch them and set them by the door.  It's time I'd rather use to search cabins and fix objectives.

6 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I have to agree with @Risinggrave here. 

Though trapping the outside is effective, as soon as he breaks out, there is no defense other than hopping out of broken windows or making like single mothers and table dancing.

When Jason is in menstrual mode, at least a trap behind the door buys you an extra couple seconds to hop out to the next cabin.

Just noticed, i have never really seen videos of stun locking after being trapped.

Trap both sides for extra novelty. 😂

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Please, please don't trap the doors. There are far better uses of traps than that.

Like how? Trap the front of the door and Jason is forced to step in it. Before a counselor goes to the door it’ll show it is locked and they won’t step in your trap but Jason HAS to step in the trap to break down the door.

Laying traps is my religion in this game, I find it infuriating when people don't bother to even move them. Everytime I see one I place it at a door, no matter what stage the game is at, or whether I will be in the area for the rest of the game. Its brilliant when you place three traps at doors at adjacent cabins. Dart from one to another and Jason is forced onto them giving you a bit more chance of survival. I know its bad when fellow counsellors step on them but that's life or erm... their death. In any case they should look more closely where they are going!

- I have never thought about placing traps in front of doors. I get the message that it forces Jason to step in them, but this would only work on a small one door cabin. Surely Jason would see the placed trap and then attack the other unprotected door? Unless that is you find a second trap. 

• Like 1

Traps saved my life a lot in this game, so I will keep doing this. 

I remember the time when my friend fixed the phone and then I put a trap on it while our other friend called the cops.

When Jason had the chance to break free from the trap, the cops were already called lol

• Like 1

There are many fun things to do with Traps, that I rarely put them on doors.

I'll carry them to all sorts of places. If I'm going to fix phone, and have to step on Jasons Trap first. I'll lay my trap town, Trigger Jasons, trap, heal and work on phone. Jason will appear and walk to grab me and often hit the trap I placed on the ground, giving me time to fix the box and flee.

I also like to put traps in the a house with a bathroom outside the bathroom door to make Jason think someone is hiding in the bathroom so he waits time breaking into it, and often gets stuck hitting the trap.

I'll put traps in the woods as well, but sometimes this hits a random other player on accident, so I try to wait to the player count has dwindled before I do some of that stuff. if nothing is fixed and I have to run out the clock, I'll setup an area with a few traps and do the run between houses trick to burn time and sometimes the random traps slow Jason down just enough.

2 hours ago, a kamikaze man said:

Surely Jason would see the placed trap and then attack the other unprotected door? Unless that is you find a second trap. 

If he does go to check the other door he's wasting more time, and yes I've been known to lockdown both points of Jason entry. 

3 hours ago, Vaderspupil said:

Since I've completed the badge for trapping Jason, I generally don't bother with bear traps anymore.  It takes too much time to fetch them and set them by the door.  It's time I'd rather use to search cabins and fix objectives.

This is true, but I like to distract Jason to keep him occupied for you guys to do your objectives. Traps buy more time and can help to keep Jason aggro. Being the The Chad helps with this endeavor.  

Yes my playstyle is a little different at times, but that's the fun of this game.

7 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

If he does go to check the other door he's wasting more time, and yes I've been known to lockdown both points of Jason entry. 

I suppose that's true, personally I've always set the trap at the building I found it in. I have to admit, I'll love to now find 4 bear traps and trap both doors - inside and out. I can just imagine Jason's frustration at getting stuck twice in the same doorway! But then again that wouldn't be very sportsman like for Jason so may be I shouldn't go that far.

10 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Like what? I don't know if planting them on top of on an objective to stop Jason from trapping it still works, but it doesn't matter because it's extremely rare that Jason wouldn't have already trapped it by the time you can find a trap and drag it there.