Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I've been trapping outside the door since day 2, when Jasons' got hip to the game and would shift in.  Surprisingly enough, fellow counselors do not get snared in the traps outside.  I think it's because the lock symbol appears before you can even get close to the door, deterring unobservant counselors from potential friendly harm.  Traps in front the door work best late game when you are running hypochondriac and medic.  Jason gets snared, you climb out the broken window and run to the next house with a trap on the door.  Rinse & repeat.  Works best if you spawn by yourself in say Blair's Cove and set everything up early on.  This is a MUST for those death trap one door cabins.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Tommy You forgot to mention that the holy door was built from the sacred sticks.
   Those bear traps are nasty if you are a counselor stumbling around in the dark. A friend of mine recently took to placing a bear trap near the car, by the gas tank to stop Jason from laying a trap there. It was still working last time I saw him do it about a week ago, though Jason can still lay traps around it. I stepped in the trap the first time he did it.
   I like @carnage4u's idea of using a bear trap in front of the fuse box. I may have to use that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Ker Juice said:

  This is a MUST for those death trap one door cabins.  

Trapping the door on the little kill boxes is a must. I like to pen the door, set the trap in the door jam so it's part in and part out of the cabin, there is no way to step around it there, he has to shift to miss it, and if he does he has to shift to get out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Please, please don't trap the doors. There are far better uses of traps than that.

Agree.  I rarely use them anywhere near a door now.  Outside of cabins where I can bait him in to one is a lot more fun. But, the downside is you collect a lot of salt over it.  They can also be used to block him from trapping an objective.  That apparently is also frowned upon but neither are against the rules according to Gun's terms of service.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Agree.  I rarely use them anywhere near a door now.  Outside of cabins where I can bait him in to one is a lot more fun. But, the downside is you collect a lot of salt over it.  They can also be used to block him from trapping an objective.  That apparently is also frowned upon but neither are against the rules according to Gun's terms of service.  

No not downside, collecting salt is the upside:lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ahab said:

@The Tommy You forgot to mention that the holy door was built from the sacred sticks.

This explains so much. How could I not have seen it?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Trap both sides for extra novelty. 😂

So, this is a good question for you, Professor:

A few weeks ago, I was playing as Deb. Jason had a bead on me and started rudely removing my front door. Once he was through, *CLINK!* He stepped in the lovely trap I'd placed there.

VOOM! I was out the window.

INSTANTLY, he was there, outside -- and grabbed me.

He WAS trapped, and was INSTANTLY outside.

So -- that leaves me with the question: was this a hack -- or can Jason SHIFT OUT OF A TRAP??

12 hours ago, Maddogg_8121 said:

Agree.  I rarely use them anywhere near a door now.  Outside of cabins where I can bait him in to one is a lot more fun. But, the downside is you collect a lot of salt over it.  They can also be used to block him from trapping an objective.  That apparently is also frowned upon but neither are against the rules according to Gun's terms of service.  

That's a sly idea, but the bear traps are so few and far between -- what are the chances you'll get to find and place one at an objective point before a quality Jason does?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

That's a sly idea, but the bear traps are so few and far between -- what are the chances you'll get to find and place one at an objective point before a quality Jason does?

Depends on the map and spawns, but it's not uncommon. There's usually a trap in Packanack Lodge and a car spawns there almost every game. I've also had the fuse box spawn there quite often.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely despise the mechanic that allows Jason or a counselor to be hit through a door that's being broken down.  This phenomenon does not rise to the level of "breaking my immersion", but it does grind my gears.  Look, I don't care how big the hole in that door is, no teenager is going to be able to swing a baseball bat with enough precision to stun an undead killing machine.  Road Flare?  Sure.  Maybe the wrench, but everything else should be useless to attack Jason through a window or door.  The physics involved make the leverage needed to adequately generate enough force to stun Jason is dubious at best.

So, no, I will continue to trap directly behind the door of a locked cabin and earn my free XP later in the match when I'm halfway across the map.  I will also continue to place traps wherever I damn well please because to question the motives of Our Lord and Savior Lachappa is punishable by crucifixion on the Tree of Woe.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So, this is a good question for you, Professor:

A few weeks ago, I was playing as Deb. Jason had a bead on me and started rudely removing my front door. Once he was through, *CLINK!* He stepped in the lovely trap I'd placed there.

VOOM! I was out the window.

INSTANTLY, he was there, outside -- and grabbed me.

He WAS trapped, and was INSTANTLY outside.

So -- that leaves me with the question: was this a hack -- or can Jason SHIFT OUT OF A TRAP??

That's a sly idea, but the bear traps are so few and far between -- what are the chances you'll get to find and place one at an objective point before a quality Jason does?

They spawn at the same places most of the time.  So, for instance: if I spawn on the porch of pack big I will run to the fire place and look by the small table.  If there isn't one there I know it is upstairs.  I can grab it and drop it at the battery area or phone box before he morphs most of the time.  You don't have to set it.  Just drop it and he can't place his trap there.  And as far as placing outside, I just loot a cabin.  If I see a trap, I grab it, hop out a window, find a good spot, set it and let my team know to stay away from such and such area.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

So, this is a good question for you, Professor:

A few weeks ago, I was playing as Deb. Jason had a bead on me and started rudely removing my front door. Once he was through, *CLINK!* He stepped in the lovely trap I'd placed there.

VOOM! I was out the window.

INSTANTLY, he was there, outside -- and grabbed me.

He WAS trapped, and was INSTANTLY outside.

So -- that leaves me with the question: was this a hack -- or can Jason SHIFT OUT OF A TRAP??

That's a sly idea, but the bear traps are so few and far between -- what are the chances you'll get to find and place one at an objective point before a quality Jason does?

I'm not aware of Jason being able to Shift out of a trap. A macro might let him escape very fast or it could be a bug. I've seen a trap trigger and just get stuck on his leg without slowing him down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alkavian said:

I'm not aware of Jason being able to Shift out of a trap.

I think this needs testing. I nominate yourself or @bewareofbears

. . . I would, but I'm stuck at work. <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

I think this needs testing. I nominate yourself or @bewareofbears

. . . I would, but I'm stuck at work. <_<

Lol. Me too. Got to go back to adulting as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely despise the mechanic that allows Jason or a counselor to be hit through a door that's being broken down.  This phenomenon does not rise to the level of "breaking my immersion", but it does grind my gears.  Look, I don't care how big the hole in that door is, no teenager is going to be able to swing a baseball bat with enough precision to stun an undead killing machine.  Road Flare?  Sure.  Maybe the wrench, but everything else should be useless to attack Jason through a window or door.  The physics involved make the leverage needed to adequately generate enough force to stun Jason is dubious at best.

So, no, I will continue to trap directly behind the door of a locked cabin and earn my free XP later in the match when I'm halfway across the map.  I will also continue to place traps wherever I damn well please because to question the motives of Our Lord and Savior Lachappa is punishable by crucifixion on the Tree of Woe.

 

I agree about doors. I can kind of understand it when the door is massively broken and barely a door anymore (one hit away from jason breaking), but when it has a fist sized hole in it or anything that the weapon would clearly clip on, it irks me. More than anything though, it irks me when it happens through a fully intact door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely despise the mechanic that allows Jason or a counselor to be hit through a door that's being broken down.  This phenomenon does not rise to the level of "breaking my immersion", but it does grind my gears.  Look, I don't care how big the hole in that door is, no teenager is going to be able to swing a baseball bat with enough precision to stun an undead killing machine.  Road Flare?  Sure.  Maybe the wrench, but everything else should be useless to attack Jason through a window or door.  The physics involved make the leverage needed to adequately generate enough force to stun Jason is dubious at best.

So, no, I will continue to trap directly behind the door of a locked cabin and earn my free XP later in the match when I'm halfway across the map.  I will also continue to place traps wherever I damn well please because to question the motives of Our Lord and Savior Lachappa is punishable by crucifixion on the Tree of Woe.

 

It doesn't bother me, just because Good Jasons cannot be hit through door with proper use of Combat stance.  As counselors, if I see Jason chopping the door correctly, I won't challenge him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

It doesn't bother me, just because Good Jasons cannot be hit through door with proper use of Combat stance.  As counselors, if I see Jason chopping the door correctly, I won't challenge him.

It bothers me when I'm trying to Combat Stance to break the door down and stunned by Chad who dances to celebrate.

Issue #1: Everyone knows Chad wouldn't know how to use a bat.  Now if it was a lacrosse stick...

Issue #2: Chad wouldn't be able to dance half as well as he does in the game.  He pays the butler to dance for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It bothers me when I'm trying to Combat Stance to break the door down and stunned by Chad who dances to celebrate.

Issue #1: Everyone knows Chad wouldn't know how to use a bat.  Now if it was a lacrosse stick...

Issue #2: Chad wouldn't be able to dance half as well as he does in the game.  He pays the butler to dance for him.

You know, the last time I played Chad (maybe 2 weeks ago... maybe) I picked up the battery, the car was just outside the cabin.  But then I though about it.... "Chad doesn't install shit.... He has other to do it for him!!!".  I then dropped the battery, crisis averted.B)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It bothers me when I'm trying to Combat Stance to break the door down and stunned by Chad who dances to celebrate.

Issue #2: Chad wouldn't be able to dance half as well as he does in the game.  He pays the butler to dance for him.

The Chad's battle dance is to rouse himself in his battle with Jason. This dance can also be used to encourage fellow repairers. 

 

2 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

You know, the last time I played Chad (maybe 2 weeks ago... maybe) I picked up the battery, the car was just outside the cabin.  But then I though about it.... "Chad doesn't install shit.... He has other to do it for him!!!".  I then dropped the battery, crisis averted.B)

I've been guilty of this lol. I tell nearby people to put it in, because I'm The Chad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

It doesn't bother me, just because Good Jasons cannot be hit through door with proper use of Combat stance.  As counselors, if I see Jason chopping the door correctly, I won't challenge him.

The problem here is that combat stance for doors isn't "correctly" it is unintended that counsellors can strike through doors (especially solid doors). The intended, correct method is actually the non combat stance method. That's the issue. Players have to do it the wrong way just to do it the right way. Its not a big deal going into combat stance but new players shouldn't have to learn to do something the unintended way just to get better results for something counsellors are not even supposed to be able to do. Furthermore, with some Jasons such as part 6, it can be a bit of a pain to combat stance doors due to his awkward weapon dynamic. I still do it, though.

So anyway, I get your point that Jasons have a way around it, totally, it's just kind of a shitty system because it is literally broken (pun intended).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

It bothers me when I'm trying to Combat Stance to break the door down and stunned by Chad who dances to celebrate.

Issue #1: Everyone knows Chad wouldn't know how to use a bat.  Now if it was a lacrosse stick...

Issue #2: Chad wouldn't be able to dance half as well as he does in the game.  He pays the butler to dance for him.

If Chad stuns you while you're in combat stance, breaking the door down. Try standing to the left side of the door, having your right shoulder lined up with the left side of the door frame. Light attack will break the door, and Chad would have to use a +5 weapon of some kind of mystical unerring strike ability bullshit to hit you. If you're using J6, combat stance heavy attack to the center aimed slightly higher than the bar on the back of the door should work out. I don't have him, but I imagine Savini should be the same as J6.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, CPLhicks31 said:

The problem here is that combat stance for doors isn't "correctly" it is unintended that counsellors can strike through doors (especially solid doors). The intended, correct method is actually the non combat stance method. That's the issue. Players have to do it the wrong way just to do it the right way. Its not a big deal going into combat stance but new players shouldn't have to learn to do something the unintended way just to get better results for something counsellors are not even supposed to be able to do. Furthermore, with some Jasons such as part 6, it can be a bit of a pain to combat stance doors due to his awkward weapon dynamic. I still do it, though.

So anyway, I get your point that Jasons have a way around it, totally, it's just kind of a shitty system because it is literally broken (pun intended).

I get what you're saying.  I come from a fighting game background, and whatever is refereed to as "correct" is whatever is effective.  Specific technique or moves are often used in ways that the developer or designers had not intended and as a player are expected to adapt.   Until the game changes, I will refer to CS door break as "correct".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I get what you're saying.  I come from a fighting game background, and whatever is refereed to as "correct" is whatever is effective.  Specific technique or moves are often used in ways that the developer or designers had not intended and as a player are expected to adapt.   Until the game changes, I will refer to CS door break as "correct".

Fair enough. 

Yeah. I dont blame people for using yhe door swings. Its not as bad as glitching into an exploit spot or something along those lines. Its just kind of a thing that we all have to deal with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×