JasonSquared

Rage Quit Percentage Revealed!

1 hour ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Oh, the devs definitely have access to those numbers.  I just would prefer a user-tailored suite to examine the individual data.  How many times I've escaped.  How many people I've slashed.  The numbers are there, somewhere, and I think it would help anyone willing to get better at the game and is willing to look into the data scientifically a way to pick up on patterns both good and bad on an individual basis and make adjustments.  

I know I would.

Yes, I definitely agree with you - I would love to see advanced stats on my own gameplay!

2 hours ago, Truth said:

That surprised me as well. Any chance you know how many matches you were hosting? I'm sure that accounts for the low percentage.

Excellent point!  I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point that out.  Obviously, if somebody wants to wait until they get their own lobby each time, they would drive the rage quit percentage to zero.  

For these numbers, no I don't have a record of how many lobbies I've hosted.  But even if I guessed that I had my own lobby half the time, which would probably be an exaggeration, that would result in a 12% rage quit rate.

Another factor that would contribute to a lower rage quit rate is how often you stick with a lobby that's got a 'proven' host - someone who hasn't rage quit yet, even though they've had several opportunities to do so.  

End of the day, the numbers from my original post are to be taken with a grain of salt.  I've played 142 times, I've hosted lobbies when they've been awarded to me but I haven't done anything special to try to avoid the rage quitters.  If someone does the same thing, maybe they get similar numbers, maybe not.  It's interesting.

That said, last night two of three matches ended in frustration, but I won't get into that! :)

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:16 PM, Trident77 said:

Goes to show that sometimes the "QP matches are toxic" threads that keep popping up from time to time are nothing more than the most pissed off people deciding to make a thread. In other words, the community isn't necessarily bad as we think it is, rather it's moreso we remember the most polarizing games rather than the countless uneventful ones that we play.

It's true about QP. They aren't the waste pits (from my own experience) that I've seen described on here. Biggest problem with QP are lobbies with no communication. Team Killing was bad, but since they've removed it the games with killers drivers, or Jason helpers has reduced drastically in my opinion.

On 3/5/2018 at 10:16 PM, Trident77 said:

Goes to show that sometimes the "QP matches are toxic" threads that keep popping up from time to time are nothing more than the most pissed off people deciding to make a thread. In other words, the community isn't necessarily bad as we think it is, rather it's moreso we remember the most polarizing games rather than the countless uneventful ones that we play.

I don't know about you, but I think a 27% rate of not being able to play a match to its completion is pretty high. But maybe my standards are just too high, though. Maybe the modern gaming community is okay with about 1 out of 4 matches ending prematurely. I couldn't say. I know I'm not. 

in steam I rarely play a match with the full lobby, always when the match start at least one quits instantly, the most of times 2 or 3 leave the game at the start

It's getting really frustrating with Jason's quitting and hosts leaving when they get killed or so poorly.  5 of my games have been Jason's quitting right when they see they're Jason, or they're doing bad.  If you don't to be Jason, why not make your preferences that?  

I was also riding with the host in a car, they crashed into a fence then Jason showed up and they quit?  Stuff is getting really dumb. Have they talked about putting in something like suspensions if you quit while being Jason or hosting?  Like, do that 10 times and you're suspended a week or something. 

41 minutes ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

It's getting really frustrating with Jason's quitting and hosts leaving when they get killed or so poorly.  5 of my games have been Jason's quitting right when they see they're Jason, or they're doing bad.  If you don't to be Jason, why not make your preferences that?  

I was also riding with the host in a car, they crashed into a fence then Jason showed up and they quit?  Stuff is getting really dumb. Have they talked about putting in something like suspensions if you quit while being Jason or hosting?  Like, do that 10 times and you're suspended a week or something. 

You on Xbox or PS4?

@HTMLRulezdOOd1, we have a number of threads around frustration over rage quits. Rather than have yours lost in the mix, I have merged it into an existing one. In the future, before creating a new thread, consider using the search function to see if someone else is already talking about that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Ah. Would say do Looking for groups, but you guys don't have those.

Yeah we do.

5 minutes ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

Yeah we do.

Oh. Looking for groups on PS4. Then some members on here have told me wrong, and shall have to answer to Panini Jasonrps20180316_195911.jpg.06fc88a619c542a624b910d095da2c7a.jpg

54 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Oh. Looking for groups on PS4. Then some members on here have told me wrong, and shall have to answer to Panini Jasonrps20180316_195911.jpg.06fc88a619c542a624b910d095da2c7a.jpg

PlayStation calls them communities.

Panini Jason sounds delicious.

I've added a few people from here!  Has it been discussed though?  Trying to do something to punish hosts who rage quit or Jason's?  

1 hour ago, HTMLRulezdOOd1 said:

I've added a few people from here!  Has it been discussed though?  Trying to do something to punish hosts who rage quit or Jason's?  

It has come up a few times. :) Here is a thread from recent memory.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/14699-idea-for-people-who-rage-quit

I don't keep numbers, but my own host-quitting percentage seems a LOT higher than yours.  I'm sure some of them are connection issues, but most of the time it's really obvious that it's an intentional rage quit.  If the host is a counselor and quits just after being killed, when they're out of stamina and Jason is about to catch up, or when they're putting gas in the boat and Jason morphs in and is about to kill them...it's pretty obvious.  Likewise, if the host is Jason, and happens to quit right after losing their mask, right after the phone gets fixed (especially if it's really early in the game), right after the 4-seater gets started, etc...again, really obvious.

The only time I have ever intentionally quit a game is when there were cheats/exploits going on, so I don't really "get" rage-quitting.  Most times, especially as a counselor, you're going to lose a lot more than you're going to win.  So if you're going to quit every time you lose, why bother playing in the first place?

2 hours ago, AJLeatherman said:

I don't keep numbers, but my own host-quitting percentage seems a LOT higher than yours. ,

I'm going to post an update to my numbers soon, that take into account only lobbies where I'm not hosting.

I don't have a confirmed release date, but it will be April at the earliest.

?