TuffinMuffin

Counselor Ability - Adrenaline Rush

So there's a lot of talk about how there are only a handful of counselors worth using in the game due to their stat spreads, back when the game was in beta, each counselor was planned to have a unique ability, it would have made each counselor feel even more different and varied, but it was removed before release. This is where my idea of Adrenaline Rush comes in, Adrenaline Rush would be a status that would occur when a specific requirement has been fulfilled by the player, for example;

• Stunning Jason while having high fear (Chad)
  • Successfully escaping Jason's chase music range (Vanessa)
  • Trapping Jason (Kenny)
  • Repairing an objective (Eric, Deborah)
  • Being in Jason's range for a set amount of time (Jenny)
  • Listening to music for a set amount of time (AJ)

When these conditions are filled, the corners of the screen would glow yellow, indicating that the character has activated their Adrenaline Rush, each characters Rush would be different, each helping them better work with their character tropes and playstyles. Here's an example of some of the ideas for Adrenaline Rushes I came up with;

• Jenny: Will to Survive (Each stat is increased by 1.)
  • Eric: Rush of Success (Gives him briefly increased Speed and Stamina, both by 2)
  • AJ: No Life in (his) Eyes (Makes her invisible to Jason's sense for 2 1/2 minutes, only works once on each radio)
  • Deborah: Eureka Moment (Next repair has 1 skill check.)
  • Vanessa: Final Stretch (For a minute, Vanessa can jog without losing stamina)
  • Chad: 1% Represent (Vehicle speed increases when Chad is a passenger)
  • Shelly: I'm An Actor (Shelly has a chance of keeping an item after using it. With the exception of keys or a phone fuse.)
  • Fox: Hotwire (Fox can start the car or boat as if she has 10 Luck)
  • Tiffany: Stunning Beauty (Tiffany gets a 15% stun increase.)

These are all I came up with, of course, I'm sure some of them are better than others, in ways I don't realize, but I would love to hear what you all think? Maybe if you even came up with some of your own? I'd love to hear everyone's input on this!

I like the Ideas, Although AJ's One needs to be changed, As There aren't always radios on the maps.

I like the general idea of it, IF that rush would be timed and not a permanent addition, so for example regardless of counselor their rush would last only 60 seconds and shelly's ability would exclude a pocket knife and instead have a chance for a weapon not losing durability (excluding shotgun and flaregun ofc)

1 hour ago, SmugDoka said:

I like the Ideas, Although AJ's One needs to be changed, As There aren't always radios on the maps.

Ah, that's true, maybe instead she would have to successfully get out of Jason's range and stay out of it for some time for it to activate.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

I like the general idea of it, IF that rush would be timed and not a permanent addition, so for example regardless of counselor their rush would last only 60 seconds and shelly's ability would exclude a pocket knife and instead have a chance for a weapon not losing durability (excluding shotgun and flaregun ofc)

You make a fair point with Shelly's ability, the reason I thought that it shouldn't be limited for time as it would suck if he accidentally triggered the rush at a time when he has no items, I actually think that your durability idea would better help against his luck. I was thinking that the majority of the rushes would only work for a set amount of time or one time after it's activated, with really only Jenny's lasting the game, due to only being a small increase that gives her a small increase in survivability.

Just now, TuffinMuffin said:

Ah, that's true, maybe instead she would have to successfully get out of Jason's range and stay out of it for some time for it to activate.

You make a fair point with Shelly's ability, the reason I thought that it shouldn't be limited for time as it would suck if he accidentally triggered the rush at a time when he has no items, I actually think that your durability idea would better help against his luck. I was thinking that the majority of the rushes would only work for a set amount of time or one time after it's activated, with really only Jenny's lasting the game, due to only being a small increase that gives her a small increase in survivability.

Yeah the New AJ idea sounds a lot better

19 hours ago, TuffinMuffin said:

AJ: No Life in (his) Eyes (Makes her invisible to Jason's sense for 2 1/2 minutes, only works once on each radio)

How about  once by each camp fire

Interesting idea,  I agree with HateMe that they should be timed. Although I'd be fine with Shelly having a chance to keep a knife after deactivating a trap, he shouldn't have a chance to keep it after necking Jason with it though.