Kodiak

Community poll: Biggest concerns with current patch

Gameplay community poll  

118 members have voted

1. 1. What is your biggest issue with the game in terms of gameplay in it's current state?

• Jason is overpowered
    • Counselors are overpowered
    • Counselor perks are imbalanced
    • Perks are too difficult/easy to get (RNG problems)
    • It is too easy to escape
    • It is too difficult to escape
    • There are too many items on the maps
    • There are too few items on the maps
    • Chain-stunning Jason/trapping is my biggest issue
    • Jason has too much trouble against groups of counselors
    • There are too many issues with collision detection (weapons hitting thin air, vehicles crashing on pebbles, etc.)
    • There are too many game-breaking glitches
    • Emote trolling
    • The maps are unfair and favor either Jason or the counselors
    • Other (explain below for your vote to be counted)

Hi everyone. Not so long ago, I posted a thread asking for people's feedback when it came to how scary Jason was in his current iteration. The thread was well received, with a lot of people partaking in the poll and offering their opinions.

I've decided to make another one of these polls to see what the biggest issues with the game are, according to the community. 

Poll instructions

It's pretty simple. Cast your vote for the ONE biggest issue you have with the game, with regards to GAMEPLAY. Think of your games in the last 2 months and think 'which of these issues has been my biggest problem with the game?'. A few infrequent glitches should not be your choice if something else has bothered you more. Issues like host disconnects are more of a technical issue than a gameplay one, so things of that ilk will not be included in this poll.

If you would like to share an explanation of your choice, please do! But bear in mind this is not necessarily a discussion thread; this is where you vote on your biggest issue in the game and offer any additional explanation in a post below. I don't want people to start saying 'oh this and that is wrong, you're wrong' etc - posts on this thread should only be made to offer additional explanations to your choices.

This poll will likely be moved to the feedback section after a little while.

• Like 1

Hit detection. I think it is pretty self-explanatory. This has been a consistent problem for a very long time. This affects both Jason players and counselor players as well as their perception of the gameplay experience. 

• Like 2

Rubber-banding with the car. It's a near game breaker and it is definitely not a lag/ping issue.

• Like 4

Hit detection has been an issue for a long time. Swinging at counselors fixing cars only to hit invisible walls on the car is old. Not to mention swinging through Jason or counselors alike. Getting stunned by a counselor hit when they clearly swung past you and next to you, namely when they are past you and you are behind them yet it somehow connets and stuns you. Doesnt make sense. Hit detection box has always been frustrating. 

I voted against the RNG perks. I think the progression system should be tied into accomplishments like badge completion. A person can get epic Marathon on their first try, or they can be like me and repeat level 150 and still dont have it. Its a broken, frustrasting system.

• Like 3

The "Counselor Jason" glitch I've had about a half dozen times, where I can only use Jason's abilities from in the water, so I go down to the water, turn on stalk/sense, morph to action, try to catch people, run to water, repeat. Huh?

4 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Rubber-banding with the car. It's a near game breaker and it is definitely not a lag/ping issue.

Is that when your character gets out the car to run away, only to be suddenly jerked back out of nowhere? It's happened a couple of times with me where I was definitely out of reach only to brought back right into Jason's grasp.

I think "chain stunning" and "Jason having difficulty with groups" kind of go hand in hand. You don't often see one without the other. I voted for group trouble because that is the root of chain stunning.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think "chain stunning" and "Jason having difficulty with groups" kind of go hand in hand. You don't often see one without the other. I voted for group trouble because that is the root of chain stunning.

You took the words out of my mouth!

I voted other because I didn't read the choices carefully enough. :unsure: I agree with @Alkavian and @TheHansonGoons that Hit-Detection is the single biggest problem with the current iteration of the game. The car rubber-banding for counselors and and stun problems for Jason are both issues, but I do not believe they are game-breaking. The problem with the hit detection is that it is horrible for both sides. I've missed counselors right in front of me with my axe several times in a row, and I've had a car flip on me while driving in the middle of a clear main road. Neither of these things should happen.

With that being said, I've had more fun with this game since the last patch than I have had in months. I actually get nervous when Jason shows up at the cabin I'm in. That is the feeling that a horror survival game is supposed to invoke. I'm content with the way it is now, and have no problem waiting for the engine update and new patch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I voted other because I didn't read the choices carefully enough. :unsure: I agree with @Alkavian and @TheHansonGoons that Hit-Detection is the single biggest problem with the current iteration of the game. The car rubber-banding for counselors and and stun problems for Jason are both issues, but I do not believe they are game-breaking. The problem with the hit detection is that it is horrible for both sides. I've missed counselors right in front of me with my axe several times in a row, and I've had a car flip on me while driving in the middle of a clear main road. Neither of these things should happen.

With that being said, I've had more fun with this game since the last patch than I have had in months. I actually get nervous when Jason shows up at the cabin I'm in. That is the feeling that a horror survival game is supposed to invoke. I'm content with the way it is now, and have no problem waiting for the engine update and new patch.

I can tell you have been a manager the way you finish on a positive note. Kudos sir.

guIb9V2.gif

I do have to agree about this most recent patch and the amount of fun i have had since. This game hasn't felt this good since maybe last July or August. Cant wait to see how the new engine feels.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I can tell you have been a manager the way you finish on a positive note. Kudos sir.

I do have to agree about this most recent patch and the amount of fun i have had since. This game hasn't felt this good since maybe last July or August. Cant wait to see how the new engine feels.

Shit man, I can't be negative all of the time. :lol: I'm excited about the new engine and what changes it will bring. Of course, there will be a new batch of butthurt people after it drops, but that is just human nature. You can't please everyone.

• Haha 1

I voted other.

My game has crashed 3 times today... That and the random disconnects are my 2 biggest issues. There's no reason a game that's almost a year old still crashes this frequently. Hopefully the new engine will help...

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't mean the host quitting. I mean the random times you just lose connection when your ping has been fine the whole time.

Hit detection is what I selected as it causes the most frustration game to game. The perks/RNG thing is tolerable but should be changed as it just doesn't work well. That's it for me, other than wanting new items not more of the same items.

I voted for 'Jason having too much trouble with groups' - even though I know my issue with that and with several of the choices on this poll are partly (mostly?) related to my inexperience.

I'm enjoying the state of the game.  I choose to believe that not finding pocket knives is the tough love that will make me a better counselor.  That said, I still have matches where I find two, but it feels like a bonus and not an expectation.

• Like 2

Hit detection

Car rubber banding/An Occurence At Owl Creek Bridge glitch

Chain stunning

Random game crashes that seem to have increased since January or February patch

5 hours ago, VoorheesPlease said:

Is that when your character gets out the car to run away, only to be suddenly jerked back out of nowhere? It's happened a couple of times with me where I was definitely out of reach only to brought back right into Jason's grasp.

Correct. Basically on the counselor's screen they see themselves running from Jason. On Jason's screen the counselor is just standing there for the easy grab. When the grab happens the counselor ends uo back at the scene of the car in grab animation.

Being locked as Jason, can't move or attack until someone hits me. THAT'S a game breaker! Rubber banding to the car is also a killer, those are my main issues. Hit detection is terrible, and fighting a group of four or more counselors is pretty bad too! Hopefully, judging by one of the animations I've seen where Jason (Roy) is smashing Chad and AJ's heads together might be something to deal with a group! Hopefully....

I'd vote, but I'm really not caring about the game much anymore.  Sure, it is fun to jump on now and then and play with good people, but the game is just kind of....meh.  I play it how the current state of the game allows.  One patch it is pro counselor, next it is pro Jason, next it is bugged to all hell.  I adapt to what the game allows currently.  There are too many issues to single one out.  Hit detection is horrendous on both sides, but I think counselors have the better end of the stick there.  Especially with a bat.  Jason's animations are long as hell which lead him to being vunerable at the end of them and that leads to a lot of salt being poured out.  Certain maps are geared toward Jason. Certain maps are geared toward counselors.  So, in the end it doesn't really matter.  Play the game for how the build currently is, go post in suggestions and feedback, and wait to see if the devs hear you.  Maybe just try to have fun with it instead of taking it too seriously or making it competitive.  

I voted Jason has too much trouble with groups. The chain stunning and hit detection are also largely contributing factors to this problem.
   I don't think there are too many game breaking bugs. Some of the bugs are damned funny and I will miss them when they are gone. The rubber band back to the car can be annoying, the glitch in which Jason cannot do anything but grab until someone hits him with a weapon... if no one is willing to hit you, that can be game breaking (for the Jason player at least), but you can usually trick someone into hitting you. I would never say these bugs should not be dealt with, but I can still laugh when they happen to me.
    I am sure the engine update will help with a lot of issues, we all just need to have patience. Deal with a bug before the upgrade and you just may see a similar bug afterwards. I think focusing on the engine upgrade was the right call.
   The state of the game as it stands is a lot of fun, even when being brutally murdered. I will not bring up the toxic part of the player base as there are a lot of people playing this game that make it enjoyable in many ways. I applaud these players and the developers for making this game as much fun as it is.

I voted Other. The connection issues and Host drops frustrate me so much when they happen. If they fixed that with the servers, then the next for me would be the hit detection.

But I need to be able to reliably finish each match before I can start on what isn't working in the match.

5 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

Pretty much explains how I feel and you put it into words very nicely. Not to say those minor issues you mentioned shouldn't be ignored, but they don't really bother me to the point where I have to walk away from the game. I also have no problem waiting any longer for dedicated servers as I've learned to deal with the host issues by grouping up with reliable players. In short, if the team is aware and it's on their radar, then that's fine with me.

Just keep the content coming along so the game won't become boring anytime soon.

Other

Teamers/Trolls/Glitchers

Team Killing may be long gone, but lite teamers, teamers, trolls and glitchers are still very much prevalent.

After that, its an honorable mention to groups/chain stunning. I have a feeling a multi kill mechanic is coming, its just a question of how well implemented it will be. I have much more worry about the lack of response to the other issue I first mentioned.

So many problems, so little upgrades... but seriously i voted the jason group bc i’m a salty, try hard jason. all these you listed are big problems and can be deal breakers for this game. the car rubber band has been a deal breaker for me. 

I think I'm the only person that voted for the maps.

First thing that came to my mind was maps. So maps are just totally unfun to play on depending on if you're Jason or Counselor. Everytime I play Jarvis house it's by a miracle I actually escape by something other than surviving the night. Boats are an automatic no-go, then the phone and car get guarded leaving me just barricading myself with supplies just holding out. Hoping Jason comes to me so someone (anyone please) can get something done. I've never seen anyone do it in my games and I heard it was reportable but there's still the fact people can use cars to essentially win games by blocking the entrance. I know it's taboo and reportable but it shouldn't be able to be done at al kinda. Extra doors or porches, places we're Jason can at least get in one way would help a lot.

Of course there are probably more important issues but this has been around the longest so.