Sign in to follow this  
Thatguyinktown

Enable "random grab kill" slot for Kill

I think it'd be nice to be able to select 1-4 Random grab kills for a Jason that select at the start of the match. That way, the game wouldn't have to randomly try to match up kill room, plus it adds more variety for us older players.

• Like 5

I like the variety aspect throwm in here. Playing with someone that always uses the same Jason and gives the same kills gets old. Picking 3 random kills and one quick one is perfect instead of watching redundant kills.

I also wish we could pick what Jason we want to be once we see the map we are playing on. Not necessarily the objectives or layout, but what location it is. Whomevee gets picked as Jason stays darked out so the counselors csn know "who" is playing Jason, but not which Jason we choose until you see him.

8 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I think it'd be nice to be able to select 1-4 Random grab kills for a Jason that select at the start of the match. That way, the game wouldn't have to randomly try to match up kill room, plus it adds more variety for us older players.

This sounds good!!!!

Yes I would love to see this enhancement get implemented. As well as assigning councelor clothes randomly.

Just now, shodan said:

Yes I would love to see this enhancement get implemented. As well as assigning councelor clothes randomly.

I think that could be an option, but if i randomly got the costume pack assigned or take my Shelly or Fox out of their main outfits and i will be upset.  I keep Shelly and Fox classic, even if she doesnt have her fox tail.

4 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I think that could be an option, but if i randomly got the costume pack assigned or take my Shelly or Fox out of their main outfits and i will be upset.  I keep Shelly and Fox classic, even if she doesnt have her fox tail.

It could just be implemented on the clothing screen and you could decide it random was on or off for each councelor. 

7 minutes ago, shodan said:

It could just be implemented on the clothing screen and you could decide it random was on or off for each councelor. 

I could get behind that. Random AJ and Lachappa bowling shirts would be fine as I dont care to waste my time in selecting outfits. However I also dont want to wear costumes any other time than October. 

As for OP, i really dont think this should be hard to implement either and I thoroughly enjoy the idea. When picking the kill, add on spot that is a "?" Icon to indicate random. Select it for as many of the kills as you like. Have it return the function of 1 select kill per match. It woulf be cool if it always randomly generated grab kills. Personally, i would rock 2 weapon kills, 1 random and 1 quick kill.

1 hour ago, TheHansonGoons said:

As for OP, i really dont think this should be hard to implement either and I thoroughly enjoy the idea. When picking the kill, add on spot that is a "?" Icon to indicate random. Select it for as many of the kills as you like. Have it return the function of 1 select kill per match. It woulf be cool if it always randomly generated grab kills. Personally, i would rock 2 weapon kills, 1 random and 1 quick kill.

I got the idea because every Sunday I use a RNG on my phone to select new kills for all the Jason's for the week *cough* nerd *cough cough* :P

• Haha 1

On 3/5/2018 at 7:00 AM, shodan said:

There already is a random clothing option on the clothes screen.

I would love to have random grab kills. It would bring some variety into the match, and fun to see what you get.

I like this idea. But a random executions might be a bit more difficult to implement than you originally thought. Remember they all need variable amounts of space where a collision with another object will not interfere with it to accomplish the kill. Jason does not have a whole lot of control over the area he manages to grab a counselor. I would still like to see this in game, but if they decided to add it.... it could take a while as it is more work than it initially sounds like and may open up a whole new can of potential bugs. I would still want the option there to have executions in the choices that I want to use, you would only need one slot for a random kill. Also, any random kill should be taken from the list without considering your chosen kills in its choice.
  The randomizing clothing on the counselors is a good idea to, so long as random is not the only choice... some people like the choices they already have set. Randomizing in the clothing options menu shows you what the random choice is immediately. This takes out the surprise if it was randomly chosen when starting a match.

I also like @TheHansonGoons idea of keeping the Jason Player's choice of which Jason they wish to use blacked out until a counselor sees Jason in the game. Keep it blacked out for each player until they see Jason. This would be a great use of suspense in a game where suspense is very hard to implement. Any good use of suspense adds to the horror aspect of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2018 at 1:14 AM, Thatguyinktown said:

On 3/5/2018 at 6:56 AM, TheHansonGoons said:

I like the variety aspect throwm in here. Playing with someone that always uses the same Jason and gives the same kills gets old. Picking 3 random kills and one quick one is perfect instead of watching redundant kills.

I also wish we could pick what Jason we want to be once we see the map we are playing on. Not necessarily the objectives or layout, but what location it is. Whomevee gets picked as Jason stays darked out so the counselors csn know "who" is playing Jason, but not which Jason we choose until you see him.

I can get behind all of the above. 

• Thanks 2

On 3/6/2018 at 1:55 PM, doitagain said:

There already is a random clothing option on the clothes screen.

We mean that each time the round starts the councelors outfit is randomly selected. No more having to toggle back in and out of the character setup screen.

22 minutes ago, shodan said:

We mean that each time the round starts the councelors outfit is randomly selected. No more having to toggle back in and out of the character setup screen.

Yeah I noticed I just don’t think that’s really necessary. Having a random kill option for Jason is a great idea though.