Phone House  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think counselors should be spawned at the phone house?

• Yes.
    • No.

7 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Hiding is a mechanic that isn't used enough. Not even just when you spawn at the Phone Box or close to an Objective. For the first half of the game, hiding is what gets me through some rounds when Jason is chasing another counselor towards me.

And if you are a low composure counselor that will scream out at the beginning of the game from a hiding spot, chances are your counselor is fast enough to actually run away without any real concern.

I completely and totally agree

15 hours ago, BangkokHard said:

I believe that we shouldn't spawn at the Phone House. 

I believe it is fine because Jason doesn't need to go to the Phone house first. This is part a meta, in fact some Jason actually attempt to cut a power box first to possibly thwart Tommy from spawning.  

Like it or not, this is a survival game, sometime some die really early.  Sometimes that person is you.  Honestly its not a issue, and I can't remember the last time it died within 2 mins after the start.  Understand Jason's limitations and do what you can to avoid being in a tight spot.

(Hey guys, I know I'm late for the party, but if you'll let me, I'd like to join in too.)

So, you've been spawning in that phone house and Jason's making you the first course in his slaughter buffet? Well, fear no more! Here is a user friendly guide on how to not get rekt by Jason in the first two minutes of the game.

-Yay, you spawned! Such a glorious thing to be alive!
-Get inside that cabin and close the door after you. Don't bar doors or open windows. Take a moment to prance around and get your bearings.
-You spawned in the phone house, didn't you?
-Well, look for the nearest hiding spot. Close the doors behind you, it's rude to leave them open. Dive under that bed and wait for Jason to finish his trapping/crashing ritual.
-Seriously, if you hide before he morphs to the house the only way he'll know you're there is if he walks in front of your hiding spot. Don't hold your breath though, that's a stupid thing to do, and stupid people die in this game. You don't want to die, yes?
-Oh no, he morphed before you had time to hide. Friggin' leg it man. Or hide anyway if you're playing a character with high stealth in hopes that he didn't see a sound ping.
-Seriously, he only gets Sense by the 0:45 mark. If you didn't do anything to give yourself away, just stay cool and he'll go bother someone else.
-Yay, he's gone to mind his own business elsewhere. Now's the time to jump out of your hiding place, let the whole world know where the phone house is and go about looting stuff. See, that wasn't so bad, was it?
-Or, if you're feeling mean, go outside, step on his friggin' trap and picture the look of dismay in that Jason player's face, as he panics about his trap being sprung right after he morphed away. That's enough to break a man's heart, isn't it? Then hide, wait for him to retrap the phone and go away, and after that trip the trap again. Clearly he wasn't gonna need those traps, am I right?

Controversely, you may also do this:

-Don't give a fuck.
-Go about your business as usual.
-Oh look, it's the phone house.
-*nsert come at me bro meme here*
-He's coming for you.
-Run like the wind.
-Avoid throwing knives.
-Make Jason chase you for two minutes while the rest of the lobby fixes both cars and washes Pamela's sweater because who the hell would even wear that gross thing? Yuck!
-No one fixed anything while you were giving Jason the Benny Hill treatment. That probably means you were screwed anyway, so just sit back and watch Jason murder the living crap out of those idiots.
-Or don't run away if you don't want to. That's your house and you should not be forced to leave it! Instead, loop Jason around some furniture.
-What's that you say? Furniture looping is a low blow? Well then, how about you don't come inside my house, break my doors down and try to murder me before a freaking minute has even passed?
-Watch as tears streak down Jason's face if he's a walker and you're Vanessa.
-You'll still have to dodge those knives tho.
-Pay close attention to that Kikiki Mamama at 2:15. Jason's shift finger will be itching by the time the ability has finished charging.
-In the end you were forced out of your house anyway. but hopefully someone will have done something by now.
-Jason gave you the Dark Souls treatment, but that's okay, you can still come back as Tommy Jarvis. Also, he's probably feeling very stupid right now for tunneling you and letting everyone else do whatever they wanted.

And remember, the most important is to have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, HuDawg said:

That damn Jason.. Trying to kill people again.  What an asshole...lol

Reminds me of DBD players that cry about getting tunneled or getting camped on hooks.  STUPID KILLERS!   Stop trying to kill players in a game about killing!!!

• haha hilarious it's a matter of giving the counselor time to run because they don't have anything ;)
    On 3/5/2018 at 9:58 AM, FunMonster said:

Lol. After posting on this last night night I went  on the game. First round I spawned in phone house and Jason was there in seconds, before I even saw the phone symbol through the wall or even knew it was the phone house. I hid in a closet. My character screamed loud enough to wake the dead. Fortunately I could see someone else on the map in the next cabin. He went after them as soon as he trapped the phone. 

Prob is. He may not have sense yet, but he gets music to alert him when a counselor is nearby, and he can hear you scream. I didn't even have chance to grab a weapon. If there hadn't been someone else there it would have been me. 

Maybe the problem shouldn't be fixed by not spawning in the phone house, but making it so that the characters don't scream until they have actually been seen or can actually see Jason. Same goes for the music. Jason hears music playing when a counselor is nearby, but that should play when he actually gets a line of sight on them. Also a problem with stalk. When Jason is using stalk a player doesn't hear the music, but if he's right outside the cabin the counselor screams anyway, giving him away.

The counselor's scream alerts the player making stalk and hiding spots less affective than they should be. 

100% I wouldn't mind but everyone is always screaming :/  

On 3/4/2018 at 7:26 PM, BangkokHard said:

Do you guys think they should make it to where you don't spawn near the phone house?

For all you guy's who are jumping down my throat about what I said, I asked your opinion I never said I wanted it. Thank you guy's for telling me what I should do in order to survive when i'm spawned at the phone box house. As for the assholes that take everything to the heart, good looks loool! 

2 hours ago, BangkokHard said:

"I asked your opinion I never said I wanted it."

Asking another human for his opinion means you WANT to hear their opinion.........sooooooo, yeah. ?

"For all you guy's who are jumping down my throat about what I said,"

I don't think anyone "jumped" anything. Sorry if you felt that way. We are trying to help you learn a few things and get you to see that we shouldn't ask for changes that don't need to be made. Let's beg them for the REAL SHIT if we gonna beg..........like fixes for serious glitches or memory leaks. Shit that REALLY matters. ???

"As for the assholes that take everything to the heart,"

Seriously.........That could be any of us, but you shouldn't take things personally. I'm pretty sure nobody called you an asshole and all we've done is offer a different opinion or advice on playing. Who sounds like the asshole now? ?‍♂️

I think EVERYONE should spawn at the phone house, and I think they should change the music they play when you die to this: 

• Like 1

I spawn inside or near the fuse house 9/10 games. It’s beyond ridiculous that it’s a given at this point. It’s also exhausting. I’m constantly being tunneled for upwards of 15 minutes while others collect their pocket knives and escape. It was fun once upon a time as it has forced me to improve my game, but after so many games it’s just annoying. The little tricks like hiding used to work but every player complete destroys the fuse cabin these days AND the counselors scream giving their presence away. Jason then tunnels until he runs your stamina down or sometimes actually goes after someone repairing the car/escaping in the car. It’s the point where it’s tedious and not challenging. Again it was fun once in a while but when it’s nearly every game... sheesh. While others calmly saunter around no less

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BangkokHard said:

I asked your opinion I never said I wanted it.

What does that mean?

4 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Again it was fun once in a while but when it’s nearly every game... sheesh.

After seeing the percentages of various things that occur in over 100 games (some guy just posted it earlier) I have a big feeling you're over-exaggerating.  

I think it's scientifically proven that 10 out of 100 times feels like 50% to the average F13 community member.

16 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

I think it's scientifically proven that 10 out of 100 times feels like 50% to the average F13 community member.

Statistical science in nonsense. Unless you ask 100% of the worlds population it isn't a fair representation, neither is asking 2% of the player base.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, FunMonster said:

Statistical science in nonsense. Unless you ask 100% of the worlds population it isn't a fair representation, neither is asking 2% of the player base.

Why do you double, triple and quadruple post so much?

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

Why do you double, triple and quadruple post so much?

Not relevant to the thread. 

11 hours ago, BangkokHard said:
  • haha hilarious it's a matter of giving the counselor time to run because they don't have anything ;)   

Why would Jason give counselors time to run because they don't have anything?

1 minute ago, HuDawg said:

Why would Jason give counselors time to run because they don't have anything?

Because BangcockHard is acting like a big baby! That's it! End of discussion! There's no 2 ways about it!

31 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Cool off dude. There's no need to be so hostile.

You're just mad at me because I've exposed you as a double, triple and quadruple poster. MULTIPLE OFFENSES!!!

And that's not hostility......it's passion, my friend

1 minute ago, WashingtonJones said:

You're just mad at me because I've exposed you as a double, triple and quadruple poster. MULTIPLE OFFENSES!!!

And that's not hostility......it's passion, my friend

I'll just go ahead and mute you. Goodbye.

12 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

@BangkokHardNow for the OP. I'll admit that I haven't read all of the replies here, and this information may have already been passed along: Spawning at the fuse house is actually a pretty safe spawn given Jason's limitations during the first few minutes of the match, not to mention the fact that you now know where the phone is and can pass that along (provided that you and at least one other person has a radio). Information is power, and the phone is the most powerful resource counselors have since it is the only escape option that can benefit every one of your fellow counselors.

Personally, I do not barricade any doors at the beginning of games. If I spawn outside a cabin, I'll run inside a close the door and look around to get my bearings. If I am in the phone house, I either hide, or immediately book it out of there. If I do stick around and Jason shows up, he is usually more intent on trapping the fuse, breaking windows and doors, and moving on to other objectives, until his other skills start kicking in. If Jason does notice me and decides to try to take me out, I'm gonna make him earn it. I've admitted on here several times that I am not the best Jason player, but I consider myself to be a pretty damn good counselor.  You can usually kite a good Jason player (yes, even with a fixer) long enough for him to give up the chase and concentrate on the a] Cars/boat b]Tommy/radio house or c]People that are making noise pings, bad skill checks, etc...

I have been killed early in matches, and I agree that it sucks. It just so happens that sometimes, RNGesus is a spiteful lord, and sometimes you just get the short end of the stick. Just chalk it up to experience and move on. 

TL;DR: Spawning near/in the fuse house is not necessarily a bad thing. You now know where the phone is. It can be tricky, but with practice you can survive those first few minutes if Jason happens to morph to your location at the beginning of the match.

On 4.3.2018 at 8:55 PM, disco romance said:

100% this. Works every time.

whenever im jason i immediately trash the entire phonehouse. all the walls and closets and beds. cant afford people hiding and juking and locking doors when the phone is fixed later into the game. so if u ever did that around me and other jasons like that youre still dead meat since youll make noise as soon as you get out of the bed and if u got a tunneling jason youre pretty much dead at spawn.

10 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

I'll just go ahead and mute you. Goodbye.

You read forums, you don't listen to them. You can't MUTE members.....silly.

If I was to ignore you, a bunch of threads would end up having pages with only 1 or 2 posts remaining. Each one of your posts comes with an entourage. You post in gangs, you criminal!  

In fact, I'm gonna start following you and reply to every post of yours with the most positive and friendly sentiments and you'll never know.

Yep, to pretty much everything Rex said. Had a bad day last week, every other game was a damn good Jason and I got murdered in minutes. I even tried flat out switching to my Chad and running, nope got murdered three times in a row, seems the lobby I was in was just full up with damn good people. At the time it felt personal, but by the next day I was thinking about how much I learned watching three hour of good Jason's murder people, one after another. I also got to be Jason against this same lobby and survive them trying to kill me, so that made it a tad better. Never under estimate the power of Jason's throwing knives, or good trap placement. 

8 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

@BangkokHardNow for the OP. I'll admit that I haven't read all of the replies here, and this information may have already been passed along: Spawning at the fuse house is actually a pretty safe spawn given Jason's limitations during the first few minutes of the match, not to mention the fact that you now know where the phone is and can pass that along (provided that you and at least one other person has a radio). Information is power, and the phone is the most powerful resource counselors have since it is the only escape option that can benefit every one of your fellow counselors.

Personally, I do not barricade any doors at the beginning of games. If I spawn outside a cabin, I'll run inside a close the door and look around to get my bearings. If I am in the phone house, I either hide, or immediately book it out of there. If I do stick around and Jason shows up, he is usually more intent on trapping the fuse, breaking windows and doors, and moving on to other objectives, until his other skills start kicking in. If Jason does notice me and decides to try to take me out, I'm gonna make him earn it. I've admitted on here several times that I am not the best Jason player, but I consider myself to be a pretty damn good counselor.  You can usually kite a good Jason player (yes, even with a fixer) long enough for him to give up the chase and concentrate on the a] Cars/boat b]Tommy/radio house or c]People that are making noise pings, bad skill checks, etc...

I have been killed early in matches, and I agree that it sucks. It just so happens that sometimes, RNGesus is a spiteful lord, and sometimes you just get the short end of the stick. Just chalk it up to experience and move on. 

TL;DR: Spawning near/in the fuse house is not necessarily a bad thing. You now know where the phone is. It can be tricky, but with practice you can survive those first few minutes if Jason happens to morph to your location at the beginning of the match.

I'm afraid you're wasting your time, Rex. I wrote almost the same thing -- even adding a "TL;DR" for his benefit at the bottom, as you did. @BangkokHard totally disacknowledged it, continued complaining, and got angry at the other forum members for trying to help him understand why spawning at/near the fuse house is rarely a bad thing.

And apparently, he "asked for our opinions, but didn't want them." Do with that as you will.

6 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

asked for our opinions, but didn't want them.

Wat8.jpg

I really don't even know how to respond to that man. :lol: 

19 minutes ago, jahzaveamanaie said:

whenever im jason i immediately trash the entire phonehouse. all the walls and closets and beds. cant afford people hiding and juking and locking doors when the phone is fixed later into the game. so if u ever did that around me and other jasons like that youre still dead meat since youll make noise as soon as you get out of the bed and if u got a tunneling jason youre pretty much dead at spawn.

Yeah I do exactly the same