Jump to content

Phone House  

92 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you think counselors should be spawned at the phone house?

    • Yes.
      59
    • No.
      33


Recommended Posts

I find it really annoying how i'm always the one to be spawned where the phone house is and die first.. Do you guys think they should make it to where you don't spawn near the phone house? I mean there are plenty of houses to spawn at. That's the first place Jason goes to,  most Jason's are asses and of course are going to go for the kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With how shoddy and dodgy the games connection is even with excellent internet, I've started a match before and by the time it loaded for me I got to see Jason already killing me the second I have control. It's happened a few times when I've spawned at the phone house lol It's crazy. Dead in 0.5 seconds haha

It seriously needs to be looked at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BangkokHard said:

I find it really annoying how i'm always the one to be spawned where the phone house is and die first.. Do you guys think they should make it to where you don't spawn near the phone house? I mean there are plenty of houses to spawn at. That's the first place Jason goes to,  most Jason's are asses and of course are going to go for the kill.

At the start of the game Jason doesn't have sense, so if you spawn at the phone house and he morphs there just shut up and stand still/clear of any windows. Once he's done trapping the phone, he'll likely leave.

Oh. And don't lock the doors. That's a clear sign that someone is in the house.

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fine the way it is. Contrary to popular belief Jason doesn't always morph straight to the phone house. Sometimes he goes for one of the cars or a cabin with a power box. Even if he does go to the phone box first and someone has spawned there they can easily out run him since he can't shift yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you the phone house is on the edge of the map sometimes I have a hard time spawning to it.  The game won't let you until you have selected the perfect spot on the map.  Ive seen this happen when spawning to the police location as well 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DrLeatherface said:

With how shoddy and dodgy the games connection is even with excellent internet, I've started a match before and by the time it loaded for me I got to see Jason already killing me the second I have control. It's happened a few times when I've spawned at the phone house lol It's crazy. Dead in 0.5 seconds haha

It seriously needs to be looked at.

A lot of things need to be looked at but its hard to have much confidence anymore.  Whenever they try to "fix something" something else just gets screwed up in place of it.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can't keep having changes because a player sees every aspect of the game as "unfair".

Players are randomly spawned around the map and I'm certain that you do not spawn in the "phone house" every time you play. It may feel that way, but it's simply not true.

Also, just because you spawn there does not mean you have to stay there. Try running to a different cabin.

And "most Jason's" are not asses because they go for a kill. I'm not sure you get this but Jason is SUPPOSED to go for the kill. That's the entire premise of the game. It's not a game where the councilors are supposed to survive.......... It's a game where councilors are supposed to TRY to survive and if they are skilled (or lucky) they do. Not everyone is supposed to escape.

We are supposed to be fans of the franchise who enjoy seeing Jason kill these councilors, even if it is us being killed.

  • Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fine the way it is.. You'll rarely spawn at the cabin with the phone,and if you do. Just run to the next cabin and wait until Jason's gone.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The item spawn is freaking inconsistent and goofy as hell too.  Go into cabin, Ive seen 2 sets of fireworks and a pocket knife. Go to the next and every drawer is  empty.  Huh??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

The item spawn is freaking inconsistent and goofy as hell too.  Go into cabin, Ive seen 2 sets of fireworks and a pocket knife. Go to the next and every drawer is  empty.  Huh??? 

Not every drawer is supposed to have an item. Not every cabin is supposed to be a treasure trove waiting to be plundered.

Do people understand what "Random" is anymore?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep spawning me there, I'll hide immediately. Not lock doors, open windows. Run in, shut the door behind me then hide. Wait! Jason's music, the sound of a trap. Then no Jason music. I know he doesn't have stalk, and probably not shift. He's gone, I pop out and loot. And once I get a walkie, I let others know what's going on and look for the fuse. It works, if he sees me before I'm in hiding then I'll kite him. Something will happen and he'll go away if you know what you're doing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

We can't keep having changes because a player sees every aspect of the game as "unfair".

Players are randomly spawned around the map and I'm certain that you do not spawn in the "phone house" every time you play. It may feel that way, but it's simply not true.

Also, just because you spawn there does not mean you have to stay there. Try running to a different cabin.

And "most Jason's" are not asses because they go for a kill. I'm not sure you get this but Jason is SUPPOSED to go for the kill. That's the entire premise of the game. It's not a game where the councilors are supposed to survive.......... It's a game where councilors are supposed to TRY to survive and if they are skilled (or lucky) they do. Not everyone is supposed to escape.

We are supposed to be fans of the franchise who enjoy seeing Jason kill these councilors, even if it is us being killed.

 You took the words right out of my mouth @BrokenFattHardy.

Also... DELETE! DELETE! DELETE!

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BangkokHard said:

I find it really annoying how i'm always the one to be spawned where the phone house is and die first.. Do you guys think they should make it to where you don't spawn near the phone house? I mean there are plenty of houses to spawn at. That's the first place Jason goes to,  most Jason's are asses and of course are going to go for the kill.

It's called you're in Jason's territory and you're dead if he sees you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, do people people complain about spawning at the phone house when it's the main cabin at Packanack, and they pickup a shotgun, pocket knife, 2 medsprays and a map in 30 seconds?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tiffany said:

At the start of the game Jason doesn't have sense, so if you spawn at the phone house and he morphs there just shut up and stand still/clear of any windows. Once he's done trapping the phone, he'll likely leave.

Oh. And don't lock the doors. That's a clear sign that someone is in the house.

100% this. Works every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game doesn't need to be made any easier for  Jason. Its easy enough in QP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I see no isse with it. Its a clear dramatization or exaggeration to claim you spawn there EVERY time. 

There have been several strategies discussed on how to avoid death if you spawn inside. 

Besides, this is an old discussion that can go away. My advice to people that dislike it search for strategies on how to avoid (run to next cabin, stay quiet inside and dont touch anything, use stealthier counselors and hide right away, pick a runner and window hop or distract him until he gets distracted and morphs away,etc) and try them all until you find out what works for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, AdmiralJT said:

It's fine the way it is. Contrary to popular belief Jason doesn't always morph straight to the phone house. Sometimes he goes for one of the cars or a cabin with a power box. Even if he does go to the phone box first and someone has spawned there they can easily out run him since he can't shift yet.

I can't stress this part enough. Yes, maybe you spawn in the phone house and Jason is there too in a few seconds, but that doesn't mean he can catch you, and for a while there, he won't even have sense, much less shift.

If you're paranoid of him being on your head, hide under a bed but DON'T lock any doors or open any windows, let Jason do his thing. If you are in a hiding place ,sense won't show you to him and 9 times out of 10, Jason won't go IN the cabin if the doors aren't locked. Once the music stops, he's gone.

If he DOES spot you and goes to chase you instead of trapping the phone or going elsewhere, lead him on a long chase. If he's chasing you, he's not:

-trapping the phone

-trapping the car

-chasing the boat

-stopping the other counselors from stocking up on stuff and calling Tommy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Not every drawer is supposed to have an item. Not every cabin is supposed to be a treasure trove waiting to be plundered.

Do people understand what "Random" is anymore?

I think there should be more items in the game, items that hold a different purpose, like candy bars for stamina recharge boost, bunny slippers to reduce pings for a certain amount of time, camouflage jacket to have an extra chance at avoiding sense. Stuff like this to keep the game from being an empty drawer simulator.

Shit even a joint to temporarily reduce fear and regain composure faster would be awesome.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first spawn, if I think I'm going to be near a phone or vehicle, I always sprint away from the cabins as far as I can and crouch behind something in the woods.

Hiding in cabins can work sometimes depending on the counselor, but chances are most Jasons will be tempted to walk around or explore a cabin in order to start the fear process and eventually give yourself away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as the match starts, I do a few things:

-mute my mic

-check my surroundings

-close (but NOT lock) cabin doors behind me

-find a hiding place and climb in

If I'm in the phone house, Jason will have no way of knowing I'm there.  I do this every match for about 30 seconds or so.  Most of my characters spawn with a map so I can watch for clues as to what is going on while I'm waiting to make sure the coast is clear.

99% of the time, I'm safe for at least the first few minutes of any match.

If Jason gets lucky, he may spawn by a window and see me climb in a closet; but this almost never happens.  The real issue is when the phone house does not have any hiding spots in it.  One of the Packanack layouts has this, where the phone house is in the northernmost cabin in the northeast section of the map.  If I notice this is where I'm at on that map, I run away and find a nearby cabin to hide in for a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

I think there should be more items in the game, items that hold a different purpose, like candy bars for stamina recharge boost, bunny slippers to reduce pings for a certain amount of time, camouflage jacket to have an extra chance at avoiding sense. Stuff like this to keep the game from being an empty drawer simulator.

Shit even a joint to temporarily reduce fear and regain composure faster would be awesome.

Perks provide the things you mention here, and there is not a need for items in every drawer or cabin.

These camps are NOT operational, therefore there's no reason to be fully stocked. If they were operational, meaning full of councilors and campers, there is plenty of reason to be stocked up, but players need to remember something..........Most of the movies are about councilors who went to the camp early to prepare the camp for the campers arrival. Therefore the very limited amount of supplies you find are the things that were accidentally left from the previous year's campers/councilors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

Perks provide the things you mention here, and there is not a need for items in every drawer or cabin.

These camps are NOT operational, therefore there's no reason to be fully stocked. If they were operational, meaning full of councilors and campers, there is plenty of reason to be stocked up, but players need to remember something..........Most of the movies are about councilors who went to the camp early to prepare the camp for the campers arrival. Therefore the very limited amount of supplies you find are the things that were accidentally left from the previous year's campers/councilors.

In the first movie, Alice Hardy found over 5 shotguns in the supply house alone. I'm sure if she had a few seconds more she would have found the ammunition.

Yet we don't want this in the video game for obvious reasons.

Realistically speaking "camps not being operational" only applies to packanack and camp crystal lake, what is the excuse for Higgins Haven, Jarvis House, and Pinehurst. 

I'm not saying there needs to be an item for every drawer but it should not be an empty drawer simulator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

In the first movie, Alice Hardy found over 5 shotguns in the supply house alone. I'm sure if she had a few seconds more she would have found the ammunition.

Yet we don't want this in the video game for obvious reasons.

Realistically speaking "camps not being operational" only applies to packanack and camp crystal lake, what is the excuse for Higgins Haven, Jarvis House, and Pinehurst. 

I'm not saying there needs to be an item for every drawer but it should not be an empty drawer simulator.

Well, seeing as how I was talking about CAMPS and none of the locations you mention are CAMPS, but are located on/around Crystal Lake (the same lake that the CAMPS are located on), here's what I got..........

Pinehurst was a home for troubled youth and the first 7 minutes of the movie should explain why there isn't 5 guns, 21 knives and 15 bear traps just laying around.

Higgin's Haven was not a camp. It was a "weekend getaway" type of place and not used year round. I don't have a vacation home but I'm sure that the people who are lucky enough to have that kind of thing do not leave it fully stocked with weapons. Maybe they do, but I think it's a little irresponsible to keep those "vacation home only" gun stashes out for just anyone to find.

The Jarvis House could definitely have some weapons in it considering it is a family residence, but, again, the house next door is a vacation home rented to strangers. I doubt that one is super stocked for a killer that the town assumes is a myth.

 

So in conclusion...... The Jarvis residence needs another pocket knife and all the rest are just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Gummybish said:

In the first movie, Alice Hardy found over 5 shotguns in the supply house alone. I'm sure if she had a few seconds more she would have found the ammunition.

 

These aren't shotguns. They are small caliber probably .22 rifles

5a9c61ff4d559_Screenshot_20180304-1509333.png.6541d8dccb0de306a109f3680f72e2ab.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...