Jason Todd Voorhees

Debate: Jason Voorhees Isn't A Deadite

Is Jason a Deadite?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jason a Deadite?

• Yes!
    • No!

9 hours ago, Veevleigh said:

Well if he was sucked in to Hell, where he came back OUT of Hell could be anywhere to be fair. He's not necessarily going to come out in the same place, once you're talking about creatures returning from Hell.

But that's the problem would it been logical to show Jason in HELL and then him coming from a random location? Because he raised up as a corpse and wasn't in hell where the issue lies.....just a corpse that got up from a heart pump.

6 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

But that's the problem would it been logical to show Jason in HELL and then him coming from a random location? Because he raised up as a corpse and wasn't in hell where the issue lies.....just a corpse that got up from a heart pump.

Well, maybe his corpse got ejected from Hell first? I mean, it's basically magic we're talking about, anything could happen. It's a pretty small continuity issue compared to some of the others in Freddy vs. Jason.

I would call it Divine Power then Magic and it might be small but at least if they paid attention to details it would fix plot holes.

18 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I would call it Divine Power then Magic and it might be small but at least if they paid attention to details it would fix plot holes.

I guess. I think Freddy vs Jason knew it'd pull in a general audience, so they tried to generalise everything a bit more.

On 4/7/2018 at 9:49 AM, Veevleigh said:

I guess. I think Freddy vs Jason knew it'd pull in a general audience, so they tried to generalise everything a bit more.

Honestly I would rather believe Freddy being more of a deadite than Jason.

On 4/23/2018 at 12:30 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Honestly I would rather believe Freddy being more of a deadite than Jason.

This 100%. Either way Evil Dead and Friday the 13th exist in different universes so no he is not a deadite, and shows no characteristics of one. Just glad that they didn't try to merge it further or add it to the game. I consider none of the fanfic stuff canon. Comics or any of it.

9 hours ago, jameson87 said:

This 100%. Either way Evil Dead and Friday the 13th exist in different universes so no he is not a deadite, and shows no characteristics of one. Just glad that they didn't try to merge it further or add it to the game. I consider none of the fanfic stuff canon. Comics or any of it.

Oh man trust me on that I 100% agree a deadite Jason? Nah! Doesn't exist in canon ever!

1 minute ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Oh man trust me on that I 100% agree a deadite Jason? Nah! Doesn't exist in canon ever!

Yep, and I agree, I could see Freddy being one before Jason. Granted he isn't, but shows way more characteristics of a deadite than Jason for sure.

On 6/28/2018 at 7:27 AM, jameson87 said:

Yep, and I agree, I could see Freddy being one before Jason. Granted he isn't, but shows way more characteristics of a deadite than Jason for sure.

The Dream Demons do look like beings from the Necronomicon to be honest and Jason being a deadite is like Leatherface being a Demon.....aka fake and not true.

Ok, I am late to this but, I think that Jason is not a deadite, however, there is no reason that the necronomicon does not hold some power to reanimate the read, perhaps Pamela got a portion translated that brought back the dead and not fully understanding, gave Jason supernatural strength and power.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2018 at 2:10 PM, Stirfry22 said:

Ok, I am late to this but, I think that Jason is not a deadite, however, there is no reason that the necronomicon does not hold some power to reanimate the read, perhaps Pamela got a portion translated that brought back the dead and not fully understanding, gave Jason supernatural strength and power.

this is a lot more plausible than him being a deadite.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:10 PM, Stirfry22 said:

Doesn't work since Ash burnt the book a few years before the events of Friday the 13th Part 1 and Part 6 novel establishes Jason was born supernatural due to his real dad.

On 8/22/2018 at 1:44 PM, deathbat96777 said:

this is a lot more plausible than him being a deadite.

But how?....

On 8/25/2018 at 11:09 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Doesn't work since Ash burnt the book a few years before the events of Friday the 13th Part 1 and Part 6 novel establishes Jason was born supernatural due to his real dad.

But how?....

But the events of Ash's time at the cabin happened in the 80s wheres Friday the 13th part one happened in 1979 which means Pamela's reading from the necronomicon would indeed be possible.

On 9/9/2018 at 6:56 AM, MATBAN said:

But the events of Ash's time at the cabin happened in the 80s wheres Friday the 13th part one happened in 1979 which means Pamela's reading from the necronomicon would indeed be possible.

Again.....the book was destroyed before the events not Friday the 13th Part 2.

It's a horrible idea imo. I don't like cross overs like freddy v jason. I could see why it would get banded around to get some weird Ash vs freddy v jason movie but thank goodness it didn't happen. 

On 9/16/2018 at 10:39 AM, kohagan said:

It's a horrible idea imo. I don't like cross overs like freddy v jason. I could see why it would get banded around to get some weird Ash vs freddy v jason movie but thank goodness it didn't happen. 

I like the concept of Freddy Vs Jason being in the same universe just not with the Evil Deadverse tbh.