Jason Todd Voorhees

Debate: Jason Voorhees Isn't A Deadite

Is Jason a Deadite?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Is Jason a Deadite?

• Yes!
    • No!

On 3/4/2018 at 5:14 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Firstly.... let's bring in some facts and evidence rather than just stating "Our Opinions matters" for this debate alright?

My first evidence against this debate is that fact is that Adam Marcus owns statement.....he stated Jason being a deadite is just merely just his OPINION and that only he and a claimed "two" other people knew about his idea and that the company didn't know anything about it, let's not forget he also stated it was just a mere easter egg as well, and even if you don't take these contradictions to him stating it canon there is more to this.....as not once was anything actually connected mostly far enough it was 100% contradicted, let's start off the timeline....he states Jason just magically grows up? yet this debunks canon that it's been 20+ years since his death.....secondly his concept of only a Voorhees can kill him is debunked by the fact Tommy Jarvis was capable of killing Jason in the 4th film. Followed by this Adam Marcus openly stated New Line Cinema at the time didn't once own the "Evil Dead" series so this furthers the concept that Jason was never a Deadite.

Let's not forget this one-time Friday the 13th director tried to retcon years of "Canon" for a fanfic based movie! His interviews display a ton of contradictions and plot holes!

"This “Jason is a Deadite” revelation is silly. The Necronomicon angle was a fun little explanation within the movie for Jason, however, there is no way Evil Dead was thought of for this movie. Adam threw in tons of Easter eggs from other films. @AdamMarcus13, I LOVE this film, but you know that book was nothing more than fan service, I’ve been writing about these films for many years and JGTH has always been a sore spot. That book fuels the fire and stories like this. Ugh. If it’s not on film or print, it’s not canon. A standalone film and revisionist history cannot retcon a franchise." -Friday the 13th the Franchise Twitter

Well the studios are saying that he is now, which I don't agree with. I get why they're doing that, but I prefer to look at Jason as something else entirely. Him, Freddy, Michael, Pinhead. None are deadites in my opinion. They are simply, something else.

On 3/26/2018 at 4:21 PM, Liquid_Aluminum said:

Well the studios are saying that he is now, which I don't agree with. I get why they're doing that, but I prefer to look at Jason as something else entirely. Him, Freddy, Michael, Pinhead. None are deadites in my opinion. They are simply, something else.

What do you mean? The studio doesn't even own the Evil Dead rights lol I doubt they would make him a deadite. 

Just now, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

What do you mean? The studio doesn't even own the Evil Dead rights lol I doubt they would make him a deadite. 

If i'm not mistaken, it was announced at an Ash vs Evil Dead gathering that Jason was officially considered a deadite. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know I heard it was official somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Liquid_Aluminum said:

If i'm not mistaken, it was announced at an Ash vs Evil Dead gathering that Jason was officially considered a deadite. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know I heard it was official somewhere.

It's only "official" in the non-canon comics which is Jason Vs Ash Vs Freddy.

Not a Deadite, but I do like the idea of Pamela trying to revive her dead son with the Necronomicon. Maybe it was like a "Pet Semetery" scenario where she tried and thought she failed. So she gave up and went off to kill counselors for revenge. Little did she know, little Jason DID revive, and started to grow up while living alone in the woods. It also makes a little more sense why a single bolt of lightning is able to reanimate his corpse later on in part 6. Because he already had some sort of magical enchantment placed on him earlier.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

Not a Deadite, but I do like the idea of Pamela trying to revive her dead son with the Necronomicon. Maybe it was like a "Pet Semetery" scenario where she tried and thought she failed. So she gave up and went off to kill counselors for revenge. Little did she know, little Jason DID revive, and started to grow up while living alone in the woods. It also makes a little more sense why a single bolt of lightning is able to reanimate his corpse later on in part 6. Because he already had some sort of magical enchantment placed on him earlier.

But with the concept of the Necronomicon. 

12 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

But with the concept of the Necronomicon. 

Yeah, I mean the Necronomicon is an H.P. Lovecraft invention, not an Evil Dead invention. It's fair use by anyone who wants to use it.

1 hour ago, Pazuzu said:

Yeah, I mean the Necronomicon is an H.P. Lovecraft invention, not an Evil Dead invention. It's fair use by anyone who wants to use it.

The Necronomicon is, but the 'Necronomicon Ex Mortis' is most definitely Evil Dead. Particularly the prop used.

14 minutes ago, Veevleigh said:

The Necronomicon is, but the 'Necronomicon Ex Mortis' is most definitely Evil Dead. Particularly the prop used.

True, but it's never referred to by any name in JGTH. 

1 hour ago, Pazuzu said:

True, but it's never referred to by any name in JGTH. 

True, but it is the Evil Dead prop clearly. While you can have the Necronomicon appear in other works, if you have it as appearing as the Evil Dead book, it's meant to be the Evil Dead version. (I'm kind of surprised it didn't breach copyright!).

13 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

No one else ants to debate this subject about Adam Marcus and his statements about Jason?

Hey, I made my arguments 'for' on the last page, as a 'what if' debate (even though I personally think, no, no he isn't), but I think they got lost in the discussion.

10 minutes ago, Veevleigh said:

Hey, I made my arguments 'for' on the last page, as a 'what if' debate (even though I personally think, no, no he isn't), but I think they got lost in the discussion.

I hope not because I'm hoping people will stop thinking or even saying he is a deadite because it seems a lot of people who don't do research and says it.

8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I hope not because I'm hoping people will stop thinking or even saying he is a deadite because it seems a lot of people who don't do research and says it.

I doubt many people are going to believe he's a Deadite. How many people even follow Marcus on Twitter anyways? Most Friday fans refuse to even acknowledge the existence of JGTH. 

You want a really annoying "casuals think dumb fan theory should be canon" situation then look at the whole "James Bond is just a code name" bullcrap. So EVERY agent who takes the name has to grieve over Lazenby Bond's dead wife, flirt with a Moneypenny, be best friends with the agent who is role playing Felix Leiter etc, etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pazuzu said:

I doubt many people are going to believe he's a Deadite. How many people even follow Marcus on Twitter anyways? Most Friday fans refuse to even acknowledge the existence of JGTH. 

You want a really annoying "casuals think dumb fan theory should be canon" situation then look at the whole "James Bond is just a code name" bullcrap. So EVERY agent who takes the name has to grieve over Lazenby Bond's dead wife, flirt with a Moneypenny, be best friends with the agent who is role playing Felix Leiter etc, etc.

That James Bond theory is bs. Just like the Jason is a deadite theory. 

• Like 1

He's not a deadite, he's a Revenant. Adam Marcus can fuck off with his shitty ass movie.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2018 at 11:55 PM, Pazuzu said:

This is pretty much what my headcanon has been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JasonVsWindows said:

This is pretty much what my headcanon has been.

I honestly would like to see some sort of prequel with a younger Pamela getting caught up in the occult. It would be a different kind of Friday movie (might even piss off the purists looking for a straight up Jason slasher film) but it would be interesting to see her relationship with her estranged husband, and maybe a young Jason could be in it. (Unless they set it immediately after his drowning.) 

14 hours ago, dmack621 said:

He's not a deadite, he's a Revenant. Adam Marcus can fuck off with his shitty ass movie.

I only like JGTH because of Jason Design that's it the rest is just ass.

16 hours ago, Yoshman2523 said:

That James Bond theory is bs. Just like the Jason is a deadite theory. 

Lmao!

Oh please. He’s not anymore a deadite than he is a Romero style zombie. Yes he is technically a zombie but not the flesh eating kind. Yes he’s undead but more a vengeful spirit née revenant than anything as silly as a gibberish spewing runaround deadite. 

2 hours ago, RAGNAR0K N ROLL said:

Oh please. He’s not anymore a deadite than he is a Romero style zombie. Yes he is technically a zombie but not the flesh eating kind. Yes he’s undead but more a vengeful spirit née revenant than anything as silly as a gibberish spewing runaround deadite. 

people actually think Jason is a silly deadite so I made this to debate Adam Marcus nonsense remarks.

Note that Adam says "In MY OPINION he's a deadite", he doesn't say, "According to Sean Cunningham and the creators of Friday the 13th, Jason's officially confirmed as a deadite!" He can only really make that claim for Jason Goes to Hell, seeing as it's almost entirely standalone. It doesn't connect to the first eight at all and brings in new lure to the canon that's just completely out of left field. All of the stuff about body swapping, magic, daggers, the Necronomicon, etc, wasn't seen or even hinted at in the first eight movies, not once, and it's also never brought up again in Jason X or Freddy vs Jason. I like to think that there's four timelines in the Friday the 13th universe and they go something like this: 

Timeline 1- Parts 1-8 (human Jason, then a zombie)

Timeline 2- Jason Goes to Hell (standalone, only time Jason is a deadite)

Timeline 3- Freddy vs. Jason and Jason X 

Timeline 4- Reboot 

My idea might seem confusing, but if you ignore Freddy's glove in Part 9, it doesn't fit into the context of how Jason is presented in FVJ at all. 

On 4/4/2018 at 9:17 AM, deathbat96777 said:

Note that Adam says "In MY OPINION he's a deadite", he doesn't say, "According to Sean Cunningham and the creators of Friday the 13th, Jason's officially confirmed as a deadite!" He can only really make that claim for Jason Goes to Hell, seeing as it's almost entirely standalone. It doesn't connect to the first eight at all and brings in new lure to the canon that's just completely out of left field. All of the stuff about body swapping, magic, daggers, the Necronomicon, etc, wasn't seen or even hinted at in the first eight movies, not once, and it's also never brought up again in Jason X or Freddy vs Jason. I like to think that there's four timelines in the Friday the 13th universe and they go something like this: 

Timeline 1- Parts 1-8 (human Jason, then a zombie)

Timeline 2- Jason Goes to Hell (standalone, only time Jason is a deadite)

Timeline 3- Freddy vs. Jason and Jason X 

Timeline 4- Reboot 

My idea might seem confusing, but if you ignore Freddy's glove in Part 9, it doesn't fit into the context of how Jason is presented in FVJ at all. 

I view Part 9 to just be Zombie Jason regardless of what Adam Marcus says not believe his opinions doesn't hold weight over years of canon material.

The moment he used his opinion is the moment his words became invalid and not valid.

But yeah Jason Vs Freddy never made sense because Jason was in hell....but JVF he is in the grounds of camp crystal lake which contradicts Part 9.

22 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I view Part 9 to just be Zombie Jason regardless of what Adam Marcus says not believe his opinions doesn't hold weight over years of canon material.

The moment he used his opinion is the moment his words became invalid and not valid.

But yeah Jason Vs Freddy never made sense because Jason was in hell....but JVF he is in the grounds of camp crystal lake which contradicts Part 9.

Well if he was sucked in to Hell, where he came back OUT of Hell could be anywhere to be fair. He's not necessarily going to come out in the same place, once you're talking about creatures returning from Hell.

• Like 1