Sign in to follow this  
FunMonster

No internet offline mode sucks

When your internet is down, you are put into offline mode where you are stuck on level zero and in offline bots you can play with only two Jasons available, and everything you unlocked is inaccessible . Personally, I think its complete rubbish. I didn't fight all the way to level 150 for nothing. If I can't afford internet for some reason (yes, some people are that poor) I want access to my profile offline. Reason I say this is because either my internet or psn has been utter pants for the last bunch of months and I've been getting shoved into offline mode a lot. But what about when the game is no longer supported?

Being a huge fan of the franchise I dreamt of a game like this decades before its release, and when it arrived it was a dream come true. I want access to offline bots and all the content I unlocked til the day I die. I'm sorry, I'm very emotional about this game :sadchappa: (lol)

The title of this thread was altered and so some early replies may seem confusing.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The reason they do not save some stuff on your system is because of Hacks, and yes Save Data can be modded on a PS4.

They basically don't want people with 100,000,000,000 CP and Every Perk at Epic with Perk Rolls running around.

But for those who do not have access to the internet 24/7 due to an outage they should have what I would call a Dummy Save, It has all Jasons unlocked, with all Kills but no stats or achievement/trophies can be earned or saved.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

But for those who do not have access to the internet 24/7 due to an outage they should have what I would call a Dummy Save,

Yeah that's the kind of thing I think they need. My original question was about PlayStation plus though, not the internet connection. You have to have PlayStation plus to play online games. This is one of the few games I'm actually  bothered about online, but even if internet is fine, when my playstation plus subscription runs out, will I be able access my profile for offline bots?

I was actually playing bots today and it just closed with the error about connection issues. You can't call it offline bots if you have to be connected and paying for online gaming to access it. Your profile should be available offline if your playing bots.

What happens when the game is no longer supported? All of it's supposedly offline features aren't accessible? That stinks. I'm not bothered about online, but I want to play offline bots and the upcoming single player challenges without having to be online or paying a playstation plus subscription fee. 

I never paid for PS+. When Offline Bots came out, then I could play it on my PS4.

I have a feeling it was a hiccup of the system going "ZOMG, you are not online I have to stop everything because I want your money!"

42 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

I never paid for PS+. When Offline Bots came out, then I could play it on my PS4.

I have a feeling it was a hiccup of the system going "ZOMG, you are not online I have to stop everything because I want your money!"

Yeah it blows. Offline you can play bots, but you're stuck on level zero with all your level 150 unlocks inaccessible. This is the only online game I'm bothered about tbh, and the online side of things is beginning to bore me after playing all this time since just after launch. Because of this I might not be renewing my PS plus, but I love to get on OFFLINE bots every now and then and choose whichever Jason I want with all the bloody skins and hopefully soon, whichever weapon I want. If I don't renew my PS+ and I'm stuck with level zero Jason only and level one weapons that will suck. Plus, single player challenges is on the way. Will that be available without paying for online services?

If you have to pay for ONLINE just to access an OFFLINE mode and single player levels, then that is just an absolute scandal.

4 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Yeah it blows. Offline you can play bots, but you're stuck on level zero with all your level 150 unlocks inaccessible. This is the only online game I'm bothered about tbh, and the online side of things is beginning to bore me after playing all this time since just after launch. Because of this I might not be renewing my PS plus, but I love to get on OFFLINE bots every now and then and choose whichever Jason I want with all the bloody skins and hopefully soon, whichever weapon I want. If I don't renew my PS+ and I'm stuck with level zero Jason only and level one weapons that will suck. Plus, single player challenges is on the way. Will that be available without paying for online services?

If you have to pay for ONLINE just to access an OFFLINE mode and single player levels, then that is just an absolute scandal.

No you're not, actually. 

My profile climbed just fine and is around level 47 doing nothing but the offline bots.

Perhaps you mean total online connection... if so, then yes, I could see the problem of it going "you're not connected to the internet, so your profile is not connected either, meaning you're stuck at 0".

But no, PS+ is NOT required, you can level up just fine vs Bots only.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

But no, PS+ is NOT required, you can level up just fine vs Bots only.

That's good to hear. That was exactly why I started the post. I just wanted to know the situation if you weren't on PS+. I already knew no internet was level zero. Thanks for the info.

• Like 1

Bots is my favourite stress relief tool, one I've wanted for years. Just wish it kept level when offline. You never know what situation you might find yourself in internet wise and I hate the fact that my main stress relief tool relies on that. Might end up that broke that I have to rent some shitty apartment with no internet, and that's exactly the kind of time you need a good stress relief tool you can rely on. 

15 hours ago, FunMonster said:

Bots is my favourite stress relief tool, one I've wanted for years. Just wish it kept level when offline. You never know what situation you might find yourself in internet wise and I hate the fact that my main stress relief tool relies on that. Might end up that broke that I have to rent some shitty apartment with no internet, and that's exactly the kind of time you need a good stress relief tool you can rely on. 

Yeah. I can agree on how much of a bitch that could be. I mean, at least now you'd have access to Part 3 AND 5 and all maps, but no special kills and focus on environment kills, and then no progress.

Probably another argument in the direction of having Jason and Counselor levels being separate; Jason having the ability to be offline and no internet while counselors are strictly online.

Yeah. Seeing as how you can't level up in offline mode everything should just be unlocked and it shouldn't affect your profile. What about the kill packs I paid for? Should be able to access that paid for content offline.

What's the big deal?  A PS plus membership is what $24 for 3 months, that's only $8 a month if somebody can't afford that how the hell do they have a $400 game console and the internet to begin with?

On creating this post I was unaware whether or not you could access your online profile to use in bots. The thread was titled 'offline bots without PS+?' Because I was hoping for an answer. but in this thread it has since been confirmed that you do not need PS+ to access your profile and use all of the features in offline bots, including levelling up

When I thought that you needed PS+ to access those features my earlier thinking was:

this is the only game I have been interested in playing online and I'm tiring of the online side of things. If I'm not playing any online games and not interested in online, then why the hell should I have to pay for PS+ to access features that are supposed to be OFFLINE.

The question that sparked the thread has now been answered so it has become irrelevant. I'll have to swap over the tile and lead it in another direction.

I have lost internet in my house for a few days now and I find it really frustrating that I can only get my unlockables when the game is online.

The 2016 Hitman game use to work like this and it sucked. One of the big reasons we wanted a single player mode was so we could enjoy the game even when it envealby goes  offline.

This needs to be fixed for the sake of preserving as much of this games content as possible for the future.

On 3/4/2018 at 6:13 PM, FunMonster said:

I agree with this!

@FunMonster I feel the same way. Playing on steam, sometimes I like to play a game (not just this game, but others as well) on one of my other computers, for whatever reason... defraging, or virus scan on my main computer (among other things) sometimes leaves me wanting to play a game and I cannot, but I have other computers and have tried to play on one.... and it was reset to level one. I found this quite disconcerting and until I got back to my main computer there was a concern that my account was reset.
   I have done this with many other games and never encountered this problem. I would like to see something done about this as well.... at least for unlockables and perks you already have, CP earned in offline mode is not such a big deal to me. I know people can hack these files, but all they need to do is have everything reset to the cloud saves, with a maximum allowance of CP and XP earned. There is a maximum amount of CP and XP you could earn legitimately in an hour. Anyone over this number is hacking and should be banned anyway. It is doubtful that honest players would come anywhere near a maximum number of CP per day anyway. Perhaps only allowing perks to be purchased online only and synced with the master cloud save could help this as well. If all someone played was offline mode, then as the game is now, CP is useless. You can only buy counselor perks with it and you can only play Jason in offline mode. Still, they would have to be very careful with this to avoid banning those who do not deserve to be banned with it.
   Syncing files with an override of cloud saves for certain aspects could help with other things as well.... like the Uber Jason Hacks. If the Information concerning any Jason (Beyond his weapon, because weapon swapping is coming) on a computer that syncs with the cloud files is different (Jason options in the game cannot be changed by the player without hacking)... then they should get an automatic ban for hacking (which is the only reason these files could be different)... decided by the computer that is doing the sync with the player's computer. This computer should also be able to tell if the files were merely corrupted... in which case, you should not be able to play, at least with that Jason anyway. Corrupted files do not work well.
   I am sure there would be much more to doing it, but hey... you gotta start with a basic idea.

Ever have 2 counselors hide under the same bed then when you go to kill them, they float in the air mocking you?