Sign in to follow this  
DorianRo

Creighton Duke. should have been the savior. Not Tommy

A far more interesting character than Tommy as we don't know his backstory 

I would say for the same reason you stated that we don’t know Dukes back story is why Tommy should be the savior, we do know Tommy’s backstory and he has a history with Jason stopping him two separate times and the Jason imposter.

I will say I am not opposed to them adding Creighton Duke to a Jason goes to hell style map.

Creighton died by a bearhug. Tommy survived all his encounters. So Tommy is more of a hero then him. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Duke was one of the worst characters in the worst Friday the 13th movie. He shouldn't even be mentioned, let alone be in the game, certainly not be a replacement for Tommy. They couldn't be bothered to give him a backstory in a movie where they were pulling retcons and bullcrap out of their ass like there was no tomorrow.

• Like 2

The only thing Creighton Duke ever proved was that if you freely give him your hand, he can break your fingers. He's such a hero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I say kid Tommy should be brought in as a savior. They could mocap Corey Feldman's face. He could use a paycheck.

Duke was an interesting bright spot in the most terrible film in the Friday the 13th series. But he wasn't enough to make the film even remotely good and is at best a footnote character.

I'd rather if we got Brodski and KM-14 For Grendel, Then making them waste their time on making Creighton Duke.

Tommy is by far more popular with fans than Creighton Duke.

BTW:  If Creighton was THE Jason archnemesis that JGTH wants us to believe: Where was he during Part 2-8?

But I have to say that it is weird seing Tommy Jarvis with a shotgun since he never used a gun in any of the movies. The same has to be said if Creighton enters the map with a shotgun since we also never see him weartng any guns in JGTH.

I believe that the "savior" character was originally meant to be Rob Dier from Part 4. I assume they replaced him with Tommy as soon as they got the rights to Thom Matthews liknesses. Now we only see Rob getting killed in the intros.

I would make more sense for the Rob character entering with a rifle since he really had a rifle in part 4.

But since Rob wasn´t very succesfuill in Part 4 ("he is killing me") and is not as popular as Tommy it´s understandable that Tommy is the saviour.

However from a timeline-perspective having ADULT-Tommy be a character in Crystal Lake 1979 or any of the 1984 maps makes no sense since he was a 12 year old -(7 year old in 1979) during that time. On the other hand: Jason wasn´t a zombie in 1979 or 1984 so playing undead-Jason in those maps makes no sense when you look at continuity/timeline-aspects.

14 hours ago, Theiceman105 said:

Hell no.

Morgan Freeman should be our savior.

DlKR7FA.gif

Creighton Duke is a cool character from a horrible film. I think the fact he dies, unlike Tommy who bests Jason twice and a copycat once, is the reason he isnt our savior. 

That and the fact he isnt LaChappa.

• Like 1

Savior or not, I'm fine with any role he plays in if it makes the game much more fun.