Sign in to follow this  
FunMonster

A whole bunch of ideas

I Put together a list of improvements and additions which I would like to see. Be good to hear what others thought about them.

1. Custom controller configuration OR a choice of different pre-set controller configurations for different play styles. Might fix some people's issues with the combat mechanics.

2. Remove counselors being able to hit Jason through door holes OR Change it so that Jason can reach through the door hole to unlock it, at which point you can try to hit his arm to stop him. Like in the films.

3. Bots clothes customization, and instead of the same old chase music when playing as Jason in offline bots, you hear the music unique to each Jason which the counselors usually hear in online play. 

4. Rebalance the amount of button spamming it takes to escape Jason's grab. Some counselors its reasonable, but with over half of the counselors its impossible unless it glitches or the Jason player is a total fumbler.
It can take almost 50 button presses with some, and in the 5 seconds it takes for an express Jason to choke you out, it's not possible. If they slightly reduced the spectrum it would be balanced.
This would be a more suitable way to balance things out than adding extra pocket knives. It would also make Jason's grip-strength skill more relevant. 

5. Make part 7 Jason's walk just a little faster, or swap out a strength/weakness to make him just a little faster. He's the runt of the litter and doesn't have much going for him. Once weapon swap comes he will disappear as people will just use his machete kills on a better Jason.

6. Rebalancing of Repair button response times.

Sometimes, using a low repair skill counselor, the button response time is 1 millisecond and you have to do it 10 times. It's nearly impossible to do it without alerting Jason a whole bunch of times. Either have plenty of button prompts (so it takes longer) with a decent amount of response time for each button press, or only have a few button presses with tiny response times. With low repair skill it already takes a LOT more time to repair, but making the button response times so tiny makes it damn near impossible to do without triggering Jason's warning sounds about 4-5 times.

They only need a slight adjustment, nothing radical. Just reduce the spectrum a little like the grab escape spamming.

7. More audio control.
The mute button is strange. Sometimes, once muted, people can't be unmuted. 

Would like to see more audio sliders. We currently have music and game volume. I suggest:
1. Music.
2. Sound effects.
3. Game Voices.
4. Incoming Mic volume.

8. Option to turn rain on/off.

ADDITIONAL CONTENT

1. 360° attack (can only use when stood still) for when a gang of counselors is turning Jason into a piñata. 

2. Tommy is good. But he's a little goody two shoes. I want a badass. I want, Creighton Duke. Would be nice to have another spawn preference choice for second chance play. Tommy, Creighton Duke or other badass types from the movies when you use the radio. (Suggestions?) Maybe go weird and have Crazy Ralph spawn with a machete.

3. We already have a second play chance as Tommy, but I would love to see a second play chance as zombie Pamela (she would be a ghost like in the movies, making sense of her real head being in the shack). 
She could jog like a counselor, and have the ability to morph, use stalk (making her super creepy) and grab counselors, who would have to do maybe 3 seconds spamming to get out of her grip. She would take maybe double/triple the damage of a counselor, (after which she dies/fades into the ether, whatever) but cannot attack them with weapons.

4. Daylight.

5. Candy bars. Found in drawers, one shot use item, use it and it refills stamina bar.

14 hours ago, FunMonster said:

5. Energy snack bars.
Found in drawers, one shot use item, use it and it refills stamina bar.

Did they even have those in the 80's?

4 hours ago, JasonWhorehees said:

Did they even have those in the 80's?

Yes, I was a kid back then and snack food definitely existed. Video games have featured some kind of random food item or potion that gives you health or energy throughout the whole history of gaming.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:18 AM, JasonWhorehees said:

I meant real life.
I don't remember enery bars or energy drinks back then.

No I meant, just snack bars, candy. Called them energy snack bars to suggest they would give you the energy/stamina refill. I'll change it 

On 3/2/2018 at 9:43 AM, FunMonster said:

5. Candy bars. Found in drawers, one shot use item, use it and it refills stamina bar.

Happy?

49 minutes ago, JasonWhorehees said:

I meant real life.

They had JOLT cola..    Which i do remember as a kid.  Drinking one of those would make people bounce off the walls..lol

On 3/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, HuDawg said:

They had JOLT cola..    Which i do remember as a kid.  Drinking one of those would make people bounce off the walls..lol

I think they still make that. I know they did like 10 years ago. I always loved the blue one...

Bolt cola, same idea no trade mark(?, or protected as parody), I think it could be switched to something like this if the Devs did add it.

I'm not against food items, but I think there is a lot they could add without resorting to snacks or counselors trying to drink and run at the same time, or counselors chugging and being trapped in the animation. Which stat would chugging fall under? Strength so the strong characters get an advantage, faster animation?

I see too many questions that would be hard to answer, I also wonder if it would end up being a potion joke. If other things came with the food type items, then I'd probably change my mind and be happy that a bunch of things got added rather than just one or two. So after writing this, I've worked myself into thinking they wouldn't be a bad idea, done right and being as low powered as possible to not add a new meta.

The game can be fun, it doesn't have to always be terrifying, but it should never be a joke itself. I'm going to write about something else below, I'm tired and hopefully you don't mind.

- Costumes

I've heard  a lot of people mad at costumes or the Devs for adding them. I think the solution to the problem is to add more costumes, just hear me out. If you add more, that are "better", that people want to wear, then the ones you don't like will fade into the background. By better I mean...

Why couldn't a costume give you a small advantage, be less bunnies if a certain nerdy girl could be dressed as a survivalist and get a small bonus to being alone in the woods, or something similar. The Devs could have fun with it, a camp nurse costume that lets you heal an injured or limping counselor, would bring out at least some charitable players inner angel. If the new costumes are Camp themed, or survival gear the die hard's are likely to be appeased, or at least not grumble quite so loudly.

With legendary perks could come legendary costumes (Not at the same time, as these things take time to make). Why not give them a fancy name, because marketing is (insert witty comment, to tired for jokes ^_^). The DLC shouldn't be level locked, but that doesn't mean that a high level counselors outfit would be the same as low level ones, maybe they have unlockable skins like Jason's bloody ones. That way high level characters can stand out or choose to blend in. They don't have to be super different, just enough to stand out when people are close. ie bandaged wounds, dirt camouflage on their skin, ripped clothing (superhero modesty - no nudity), cosmetic disfigurement loss of an eye, left hand stump, mmmm maybe? (Wow, even I think that one might be over a line). 

I suggested sheath or harness for the machete and ax in another thread, but these would be awesome high level bonuses. If you can already find a sheath or harness in a drawer then a couple more being on high level players wouldn't be that unbalanced. If raises the question for Jason of did they find it or were they lucky? Starting with an item to carry a weapon in a slot all its own, does not mean you start with the weapon. You still have to find the weapon, to use the slot. Which would be at the end or your small item slots, you'd simply move over to it using you d-pad and hit use small item(square).

Another thing they could do with these costumes is force your character to find a closet or sleeping bag to change into it after the match has started, this would take a set amount of time, and make a certain amount of noise based on your stealth. If you want the advantage take the risk, get ready to fight for your life. This could provide Jason with opportunity and surprises. 

Let me know what you think, I'm tired so hopefully that all made sense.

17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

done right and being as low powered as possible to not add a new meta.

Of course, and obviously change the name. I was thinking a quick swig animation, kinda like the firecracker throw. If they had one drink hidden in every map I don't think it would shake the balance, just add more to the game.

Yeah would be nice for the outfits to have little boons with maybe a little negative factor like the perks. They'd have to be free though or everyone would complain of pay to win. 

Post removed

17 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Bolt cola, same idea no trade mark(?, or protected as parody), I think it could be switched to something like this if the Devs did add it.

They already have cola cans at camp sites labelled 'coda'. If they have the can model, wouldn't be too much of a stretch to implement.

Bikes, I really want bikes on big maps. They don't have to be OP, just make us slow ass, no stamina counselors able the get around. 

Just now, Slasher_Clone said:

Bikes, I really want bikes on big maps. They don't have to be OP, just make us slow ass, no stamina counselors able the get around. 

Yeah I'd be fine with that

fun monster, You are allowed one post without conversation occurring in between. Please be mindful not to multi-post. I have merged your posts.

Just now, JPops said:

fun monster, You are allowed one post without conversation occurring in between. Please be mindful not to multi-post. I have merged your posts.

Cheers buddy. ;)

On 3/2/2018 at 8:43 AM, FunMonster said:

Sometimes, using a low repair skill counselor, the button response time is 1 millisecond and you have to do it 10 times. It's nearly impossible to do it without alerting Jason a whole bunch of times. Either have plenty of button prompts (so it takes longer) with a decent amount of response time for each button press, or only have a few button presses with tiny response times. With low repair skill it already takes a LOT more time to repair, but making the button response times so tiny makes it damn near impossible to do without triggering Jason's warning sounds about 4-5 times.

You make some good points, but this is the one that I disagree with. It has been discussed on here many times that some people feel that the "fixer" counselors are useless because you can refresh the min-game and do repairs fairly easy with Buggzy and Tiffany on a regular basis. I main as Deb, because her stats fit my playstyle. Lower repair skill counselors have lower repair skills for a reason. It is not supposed to be easy. Arguably, it is too easy for them now. If anything, I think the difference between the skill checks forLaChappa and Vanessa should be even greater, not less.

I like your ideas except 2 of them:

1. Jason grab escape - the devs did respond on one of the either facebook posts or twitter a while ago on this saying that this is intentional, that the option to escape is there just to give you some hope to escape but not meant to be something you can get out of.

2. Repair checks - i honestly find the repair checks god as they are, some counselors are good in repairs some arent, but tehy can still do it, personally i have no issues in repairing things as tiffany, even if i fail i can still manage to do it even if jason comes, tho usually i listen to when others have a mic, and when i notice jason shifted or something then i repair cause he needs to refill his ability.

Also making repairs easier would contradict the white knights here that argue that Jason is supposed to be scary and a a force of nature when it comes to killing (especially with the grab)

3 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Also making repairs easier would contradict the white knights here that argue that Jason is supposed to be scary and a a force of nature when it comes to killing

How is it "white knighting"? I think you might need to look up the definition of an internet white knight. Jason is supposed to be scary. You know, horror survival...maniac killer...that kind of thing. 

I agree with you 100% on your other assessment of the repair mechanic though. As far as the grab escape goes, it is possible to escape from some Jason grabs. The one-hand choke and head punch is pretty much inescapable, but if Jason has to move around to get room for a more elaborate or environmental kill, there is a chance.

On 3/3/2018 at 10:18 AM, JasonWhorehees said:

I meant real life.

I was born in the 70s'. I can say without a doubt that energy drinks, as we know them today, did not exist in the 1980's. Closest thing I can think of would be JOLT Cola.

14 minutes ago, HateMe said:

IAlso making repairs easier would contradict the white knights here that argue that Jason is supposed to be scary and a a force of nature when it comes to killing

These "White Knights" as you call them are only saying Jason is supposed to be scary and an unstoppable force of nature because it is well documented that Jason is supposed to be scary and an unstoppable force of nature. Every person involved with the franchise, from studio heads to directors to actors to comic book writers to game programmers and now game players all agree on those 2 things.