Sign in to follow this  
dempup

So tired of this game... am i the only one...

I am so tired of this game. People quoting early. Getting kicked from 2 out of 3 games in average, because host just quits, when things don't go their way! Am i the only one having all these issues. Some days the game is more or less unplayable.

26 minutes ago, dempup said:

I am so tired of this game. People quoting early. Getting kicked from 2 out of 3 games in average, because host just quits, when things don't go their way! Am i the only one having all these issues. Some days the game is more or less unplayable.

I still really enjoy the game. Let them get the next update in before you decide to quit playing. Hope I didn't quote too soon.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, dempup said:

Everybody has this problem(on consoles).. There's no way to really fix this problem until dedicated servers come.

Host quitting is the most annoying thing that can happen in this game, besides from the disconnections.

Find a group of consistent, good, relaxed & serious players.. And just play with them in private matches. Playing QP is a guaranteed host quit or disconnection at least once during your play time.

Btw, you haven't made an introduction. I would suggest go making a introduction(it's a rule that you have to oblige by).

http://forum.f13game.com/forum/5-introduce-yourself/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Everybody has this problem(on consoles).. There's no way to really fix this problem until dedicated servers come.

Host quitting is the most annoying thing that can happen in this game, besides from the disconnections.

Find a group of consistent, good, relaxed & serious players.. And just play with them in private matches. Playing QP is a guaranteed host quit or disconnection at least once during your play time.

I wouldnt say you NEED to do private matches, but it definitely helps. I only play QP but I usually run with say 4-5 people. DO we get the occasional host rage? Yea but its funny a lot of the time. DO we get Jason helpers? yea but then because we're the majority we will focus on them the next round. But as far as disconnects due to connection goes, we just leave the lobby if the host is running his net off a potato. If the pings are high yellow or red, thats an instant abort lol 

I stop play the game until next update

9 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I wouldnt say you NEED to do private matches, but it definitely helps. I only play QP but I usually run with say 4-5 people. DO we get the occasional host rage? Yea but its funny a lot of the time. DO we get Jason helpers? yea but then because we're the majority we will focus on them the next round. But as far as disconnects due to connection goes, we just leave the lobby if the host is running his net off a potato. If the pings are high yellow or red, thats an instant abort lol 

Yeah :D. Whenever I say a host with 250+ ping, I just leave and find another match( if I'm for some reason, playing QP).

I just wish that they had put dedicated server's into the game earlier. Honestly.. Why do developer's think the Peer-peer matching system is better. Than having actual stable server's? It just blows my mind.

I think it's just due to the devs being to lazy lol.

1 minute ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Yeah :D. Whenever I say a host with 250+ ping, I just leave and find another match( if I'm for some reason, playing QP).

I just wish that they had put dedicated server's into the game earlier. Honestly.. Why do developer's think the Peer-peer matching system is better. Than having actual stable server's? It just blows my mind.

I think it's just due to the devs being to lazy lol.

Its usually a financial thing.For a small company like Gun/Illfonic, I never expected them to have servers from the get-go, not to mention with a game like this it doesnt need as much split decision timing as say an FPS or the like. If you want to see an example of lazy when it comes to something like this, look no further than For Honor. The game has been out longer than F13 and still has yet to get servers despite it needing that split decision timing I was talking about. Ubisoft decided that because they wanted to classify the game as a fighter, theyd try some Frankenstein version of P2P matchmaking since most fighters ARE P2P, however in most fighting games its only two peoples connections you need to worry about, where as with For Honor it can be up to 8? I cant remember.

Like I said theres a reason why P2P exist whether it be financial or the best case scenario due to less people needing to connect with each other. With a game like this Dedicated servers should never be something people expect, but if/when they come, players should be grateful.

24 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

Its usually a financial thing.For a small company like Gun/Illfonic, I never expected them to have servers from the get-go, not to mention with a game like this it doesnt need as much split decision timing as say an FPS or the like. If you want to see an example of lazy when it comes to something like this, look no further than For Honor. The game has been out longer than F13 and still has yet to get servers despite it needing that split decision timing I was talking about. Ubisoft decided that because they wanted to classify the game as a fighter, theyd try some Frankenstein version of P2P matchmaking since most fighters ARE P2P, however in most fighting games its only two peoples connections you need to worry about, where as with For Honor it can be up to 8? I cant remember.

Like I said theres a reason why P2P exist whether it be financial or the best case scenario due to less people needing to connect with each other. With a game like this Dedicated servers should never be something people expect, but if/when they come, players should be grateful.

I wasn't saying that gun/Illfonic were lazy, i was talking about some developers in general are too lazy to incorporate dedicated servers. Ubisoft is a good example of a lazy developer. Games like Siege, that took them 2 years too incorporate their own servers and with ForHonor.. Which they have yet to do it. And they are such a big developer to, so it's really annoying for the gamer's tbh <_<.

I'm just grateful that the game exists. Very fun game to play overall, can't wait to see what illfonic have in store for the engine update :).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I wasn't saying that gun/Illfonic were lazy, i was talking about some developers in general are too lazy to incorporate dedicated servers. Ubisoft is a good example of a lazy developer. Games like Siege, that took them 2 years too incorporate their own servers and with ForHonor.. Which they have yet to do it. And they are such a big developer to, so it's really annoying for the gamer's tbh <_<.

I'm just grateful that the game exists. Very fun game to play overall, can't wait to see what illfonic have in store for the engine update :).

We can kind of already see some things. The new grab animation and, from what I can tell, it seems like the into for Pinehurst and Jarvis are at 60 FPS (I think the Jarvis one got updated with last patch). Hopefully with the new engine theyll also update the old large maps, like adding the light on the map stand thats on the small maps.

Lots of threads already on this. Use the search function before starting new threads.