ShiftySamurai

Perk System Update & Legendaries

15 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Because this is option b. With potential to introduce something OP since you can now stack another bonus. Also, how did Quiet Swimmer and MAA even make the nerf list? I just don't understand the thinking behind these changes. Players push for a progressive / upgradeable system, so they don't need to spend countless CP for the perks relevant to their playstyle, and the team goes completely in the other direction. Too much Vegas from the looks of it.

Swimmer was nerfed because the two new bigger maps were making it easier for people to swim way out into the corners of the map and try to just run out the clock while Jason hunted everyone else. Man At Arms, I personally feel, needed the nerf because equipping it with sucker punch makes it so counselors can stun with bats and axes like 3-4 times before stuff breaks. Coupled with effective cabin hopping, a counselor could easily survive 2-3 minutes of a match with just a single melee weapon. There needed to be a readjustment to increase the need for actual foraging and survival techniques. It's not fun if everyone is able to find a single bat and hang on to it all match. 

I'm all for this but the script for rolling percentages/perk type should be changed back to that of launch. The high probability for an epic perk event we had a while back, wasn't even as good as the roll percentages when the game first dropped.   The best perks I have came from spring/summer 2017.  It's been all downhill since.  We as the consumer can tell the best perks are scripted to be rolled at a low percentage, and then even lower to get a rare or epic.  Don't even get me started on getting a rare or epic with 0% downside- it appears to be on par with our chances of winning the lotto IRL.  This was not the case at launch.  How many times can I get useless/situational Potent Ranger, Teamwork, & Heavy Sleeper??  And back to back at that!  I take shit like this as an insult to our intelligence.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I could see a point system working like how more recent CODs have done it. The problem with that though is Im sure youd have people arguing as to which perks are the good ones and so on. I mean its pretty obvious the better perks are Sucker Punch, Marathon, Restful, Swift Attacker, Thick Skin, and Medic, but someone may put more value in say Man at Arms and the like.

But the main problem, as many seem to agree with, is some perks being too situational or not having enough of an impact. Maybe if Fear was increased it would make those perks more viable but then again you dont want to make it so a specific perk feels necessary to play the actual game which seems to be where we're t with some of them now

I'm definitely with you on that. I feel like the situational perks like the car driving and radio boost just need to be tweaked a bit. One option is a significantly increased percentage in order to make them worthwhile. It's just not viable to lose stuff like marathon or sucker punch for a once every 4-5 match opportunity of driving 15% faster. Now if they made the car drive 25% faster and withstand more damage to stall then it might be worthwhile to equip... Or another option is make it so the person with lead foot automatically starts with a set of keys along with having a 15% increase in speed. That way they're already positioned to take over as driver when the car is repaired. There's definitely things they could do to make them more viable with some simple tweaks.  

8 hours ago, ikarikh said:

I think it'd be better to do away with the RNG of rolling perks and instead simply use CP to buy perks and then upgrade them.

DBD has a perk system with upgrades..    And you end up with veteran/skilled players with the best perk.. VS. Newbies and Casuals/Part time players with nothing useful.  Which creates a huge imbalance in that game.   I mean veteran/skilled players are already better then newbies and part timers.  So the perks just push that skill gap even further.

RNG does sort of balance it a bit.. But RNG does get annoying to deal with.. ANd IMO the perk system in general i think ruins the game play.  I know some players want something to grind and earn, so it does keep those players playing.  But theres people like me who don't care about perks and would play either way regardless if i earned anything or not.

I use speed demon , grease monkey and motor boating all max epics with only 1% cons( yeah took me awhile and burned my cp but what else was i going to do with it) On Chad. I have out drove and boated every Jason with these perks. Just cause some out there don't use certain perks doesn't mean others don't! I like to challenge myself in playing instead of using the same counselor and same perks all the time gets boring. Do I get to the car or boat  all the time no but I'll take that chance its more fun when you don't know. I don't need to escape all the time done that got boring. So many are up and arms saying their nerfing this or that if you look at the bottom it clearly says work in progress subject to change, Clam down they will release the perk list closer to update they had said this.

On 3/1/2018 at 5:03 PM, pioneer67fkd said:

weapon swapping is the only thing jason needs he's getting it perks for jason would ruin the game jason is fine the way he is 

In no way would Jason gaining option to counter powerful counselor perks ruin the game. 

1 minute ago, carnage4u said:

In no way would Jason gaining option to counter powerful counselor perks ruin the game. 

he already can plain and simple 

• Like 1

So my daddy's a cop has been nerfed from 30% to 25%, a very useful perk while useless perks have been improved but still useless.  I will play again once I see an actual patch that benefits counselors.   And while you may say we don't care if you play or not, you already purchased our product, we already made money out of you.  I have you know I have plenty more to buy any DLC you can  throw my way, and I gotten several people to buy the game.  But with so many  recent counselor nerfs I lost the motivation to play and continue doing what I was doing.  Will keep my eyes open for an actual good counselor update.  Cheers. 

• Like 1

Will they ban players who break the game and use a bug, Jason Х?
Will punish those who put 1 perku 3 times?
When will respond to complaints?

It is possible for the administrator to tell the developers what needs to be corrected more often and faster. 1 time in 2 months is not enough. Send someone my message.

3 hours ago, Neonseraphim said:

So my daddy's a cop has been nerfed from 30% to 25%, a very useful perk while useless perks have been improved but still useless.  I will play again once I see an actual patch that benefits counselors.   And while you may say we don't care if you play or not, you already purchased our product, we already made money out of you.  I have you know I have plenty more to buy any DLC you can  throw my way, and I gotten several people to buy the game.  But with so many  recent counselor nerfs I lost the motivation to play and continue doing what I was doing.  Will keep my eyes open for an actual good counselor update.  Cheers. 

Counselors don't need a buff lol. Unless Jason gets another buff. Counselors are good where they're at now.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Swimmer was nerfed because the two new bigger maps were making it easier for people to swim way out into the corners of the map and try to just run out the clock while Jason hunted everyone else. Man At Arms, I personally feel, needed the nerf because equipping it with sucker punch makes it so counselors can stun with bats and axes like 3-4 times before stuff breaks. Coupled with effective cabin hopping, a counselor could easily survive 2-3 minutes of a match with just a single melee weapon. There needed to be a readjustment to increase the need for actual foraging and survival techniques. It's not fun if everyone is able to find a single bat and hang on to it all match. 

What..? I've seen every exploit, cheat, hack, bug, cheap tactic and plain nonsense possible in this game yet I have never seen anybody sit in the water on Jarvis or Pinehurst..  

Is that really the logic that went behind changing (arguably) the worst perk in the game? It's still useless and nobody other than a troll would use it so why not just get rid of it?

Also your numbers with Man At Arms don't add up.. With that logic you're saying that a Chad (who gets a minimum of 4 smacks of a bat and sometimes up to 6+) is not supposed to be able to do that without Man At Arms? If that is the case then why does luck factor into weapon durability?

I think there is a desperate need for a round-table discussion with the devs, mods and some vets so you guys can get on the same page. This may help prevent some of the bad ideas like the window prompt/bubble, the Jason trap changes, Jason's grab, this new legendary perk system etc from passing initial presentation. It's quite clear that the decision makers over there are completely out of touch with reality and have no clue what the community actually wants.

There's a ton more I could give feedback (complain) about but it seems that the community has been completely ignored for the past year..

P.S. Pinehurst is beautiful but plays like complete garbage for counselors. It desperately needs to be re-designed or at the very least item distribution needs to looked at.

Edit: I redact that first statement. I actually have seen ONE guy sitting in the water on Jarvis House but it didn't matter the second Jason got rage and spotted him from a mile away.

9 hours ago, HuDawg said:

DBD has a perk system with upgrades..    And you end up with veteran/skilled players with the best perk.. VS. Newbies and Casuals/Part time players with nothing useful.  Which creates a huge imbalance in that game.   I mean veteran/skilled players are already better then newbies and part timers.  So the perks just push that skill gap even further.

RNG does sort of balance it a bit.. But RNG does get annoying to deal with.. ANd IMO the perk system in general i think ruins the game play.  I know some players want something to grind and earn, so it does keep those players playing.  But theres people like me who don't care about perks and would play either way regardless if i earned anything or not.

RNG doesn't really change that at all. Veterans all have Medic, Thick Skin, Etc, they played enough to roll over 6,000 times to get them :P

How is a newbie joining my lobby and having no/garbage perks while I have Epic Thick Skin and Medic an issue?

I really don't know many people who would prefer wasting 50k and getting nothing as opposed to using their cp for guaranteed perks and then using them to level them up like they do their character.

That way a newbie can have Thick skin after a match or two if he wants as opposed to wasting his first cp and getting shit like easy listening or potent ranger.

Or maybe the newbie wants Preparedness ASAP while he learns the maps. Well fuck him if RNG decides he isn't going to get lucky enough to finally roll it until he hits level 44 and already knows the maps by now.

17 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I assumed there would be more changes than just the ones listed. I thought they were just used as examples. I may have misread also?

I think it's just those, but if I see different clarification I'll pop it in here.

And let's please ease off on the vitriol towards other members from the previous page, guys. Calmer on this one, but whether you think this is great, good, bad or a blight on the history of mankind, express that without flaming others, thanks.

5 hours ago, ikarikh said:

RNG doesn't really change that at all. Veterans all have Medic, Thick Skin, Etc, they played enough to roll over 6,000 times to get them :P

No. You see that is the thing with RNG.

I am at 130 with 0 CP saved up and I have exactly one Epic usable Perk in Marathon. No Swift Attacker, No Map, No lightfoot, No Medic and No My Dad Is Crap etc. None of the good ones. 

I don't even have an orange Thick Skin. It NEVER FUCKING ROLLED.

Pure RNG is a terrible system. The upgrade one would really be a billion times better and fairer.

Adding even more RNG to it is just bad. Like appallingly bad. I really don't care about the stats if I never ever gonna get the Perk anyway.

On 3/2/2018 at 5:03 AM, Sphen1313 said:

I can't believe the motorboating perk is getting a boost. I can already go faster than all but the water jasons now. It's gonna be stupid if you can outrun a water speed Jason. 

The new motorboating + Speed Demon = untouchable boat.

On 3/1/2018 at 2:29 PM, ShiftySamurai said:

You could roll a Legendary Medic Perk with 2 Med Spray uses, an +8 Health Increase, +5 incoming attack damage, with a +3 to Repair Speed.

Just want to let you know that for any counselor with repair below 5, INCREASING repair speed is actually BAD. If the repair wheel goes faster, it makes it MORE DIFFICULT to successfully make the skill checks. Increasing repair speed is only useful for counselors with repair closer to 10. That means "Speed Demon" with its negative that slows down repair speed actually makes poorer versions of Speed Demon MORE useful than rarer versions. I use Speed Demon with -10% repair speed on Vanessa and I nary miss a skill check anymore. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Makes the game more interesting to have these weird contradictory perks lol.

• Like 3

On 02/03/2018 at 12:13 AM, Kodiak said:

I'm glad that there's new changes to the perk system coming but it leaves me wondering if the counselors are going to end up in an overpowered state like before the grab update. Hopefully Jason is going to be getting a few new changes too; I personally am hoping he'll have a better way of dealing with mobs of counselors. 

My thoughts exactly, but it will be nice to have something new to tinker around with on the counselor side of things.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The new motorboating + Speed Demon = untouchable boat.

Just want to let you know that for any counselor with repair below 5, INCREASING repair speed is actually BAD. If the repair wheel goes faster, it makes it MORE DIFFICULT to successfully make the skill checks. Increasing repair speed is only useful for counselors with repair closer to 10. That means "Speed Demon" with its negative that slows down repair speed actually makes poorer versions of Speed Demon MORE useful than rarer versions. I use Speed Demon with -10% repair speed on Vanessa and I nary miss a skill check anymore. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing. Makes the game more interesting to have these weird contradictory perks lol.

Yeah. I use that perk on Vanessa as well. Any repair perk should be more focused on lowering/increasing the amount of repair ticks rather than altering the speed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, malloymk said:

Yeah. I use that perk on Vanessa as well. Any repair perk should be more focused on lowering/increasing the amount of repair ticks rather than altering the speed.

Yes, this is very true! Instead of altering speed, take that +3 and add it to repair score! It will make it so you will have less checks to make. Tinkerer is garbage, even on Deb or Chappa! But on Vanessa or Tiffany, it makes the skill check near impossible. If you changed it to add a bonus to a repair score the perk would be valuable, even sought after!

On 3/2/2018 at 1:42 AM, bewareofbears said:

@ShiftySamurai

I think releasing a full list of all changes to perks would be beneficial. Allow us to discuss and help decide what's a good or bad idea based on the wealth of experience the community has in-game.

I agree, just imagine if they put a start with a pocket knife legendary perk and we don't find out until the patch drops.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Yes, this is very true! Instead of altering speed, take that +3 and add it to repair score! It will make it so you will have less checks to make. Tinkerer is garbage, even on Deb or Chappa! But on Vanessa or Tiffany, it makes the skill check near impossible. If you changed it to add a bonus to a repair score the perk would be valuable, even sought after!

I just Realized What tinkerer was actually meant for, And I had this shitty perk all the time!

I thought it decreased the amount of skill checks needed for a repair instead of increasing the speed

• Like 1

On 3/3/2018 at 3:31 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I use Speed Demon with -10% repair speed on Vanessa and I nary miss a skill check anymore. 

I had a -15% repair one and also did that a long time ago. Try this, though: time your car starts with and without the -10% repair speed...it's brutal.