ShiftySamurai

Perk System Update & Legendaries

Bullshit. You are give us more variants of random perk. Rolling perk is born, we need perk constructor. For get nescessary perk fast. When you realize that random in a multiplayer game is bad?

Going to need an increase to the perk limit now.

I use medic, thick skin, and my dad’s a cop with repair counselors.

Restful, marathon and thick skin with Vanessa or Chad.

I will wait to see a list of the legendary perks before I waste CP and time rolling for them.

1 minute ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Of??

The fact that he's simply doing better than you at the game.
He has a MILLION CP and ALL EPIC PERKS! He's a counselor God. You are a mere mortal next to him. 

He laughs at your presence. He farts in your direction.  

I can't believe the motorboating perk is getting a boost. I can already go faster than all but the water jasons now. It's gonna be stupid if you can outrun a water speed Jason. 

Bottom line.

People will still spam the same 6 or 7 useful perks or so.

1. Thick Skin

2. Medic

3. Hypocondriac

4. Swift Attacker

5. Sucker Punch

6. Marathon

7. Restful

Water Perks will never be useful and even if a completely Water based map came along like Lazurus. People will still either run a heavy tank loadout or combat loadout and if worst comes to worst, just ragequit if they land on Lazurus for example like they do on other maps.

So really. The Legendary perks might serve to give a bonus by giving other strengths to other perks while having different perks equipped....butttttt whose gonna care when you roll the same 3 trash perks multiple times in a row while blowing 60,000 cp trying to get even 1 of the 7 useful perks in epic form?

I'm not worried about the Car perks, because honestly I don't see many in the fandom sacrificing tanking/combat for more car speed when a good juke beats normal shift Jasons and driving backwards absolutely cripples -Shift Jasons who need Morph/Stalk more often than normal shift Jasons to land a stop.

So basically, im not worried about any of this revamp being a buff to counselor. If anything, it looks like a half hearted attempt to polish a very lackluster perk system.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

The fact that he's simply doing better than you at the game.
He has a MILLION CP and ALL EPIC PERKS! He's a counselor God. You are a mere mortal next to him. 

He laughs at your presence. He farts in your direction.  

Keep believing that if you like. He's the only one that thinks its some kind of competition. By the way, how does his colon taste? It gooood???

8 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

Like pennies

BTW I have more CP than you too, so there

Oh no. What am I going to do? My life revolves around cp, epic perks and 18hr streaming sessions. Am I actually going to have to play the game for the 1st time in weeks? Life's so unfair sometimes.

20 minutes ago, BenWallace.3.Pistons said:

Life's so unfair sometimes.

That's right! Especially if you're not a member of the MILLIONAIRE'S CLUB!!! Read it and weep!

fnwhlt.jpg 

Are you gonna start tagging me in other threads because I have more CP than you?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Dandan10 said:

Stop slashing and grab then considering there's only 3 knives you really shouldn't be moaning anything anymore and spays were downed from 10 to 8 too, since people are dying easier it's easier to grab the sprays from their corpses so you'll see a lot more last survivors with more sprays unfortunately

He's trolling and you fell for it. He's talking about Dead by Daylight. 

40 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

That's right! Especially if you're not a member of the MILLIONAIRE'S CLUB!!! Read it and weep!

fnwhlt.jpg 

Are you gonna start tagging me in other threads because I have more CP than you?

Whatever floats your boat. Its called sarcasm. I'm not playing again til April. No, you have qualified for my ignore list though. You'll enjoy it, plenty of your ilk already on it with you.

@ShiftySamurai

Reposting what I said on Reddit in response to this yesterday:

I think it'd be better to do away with the RNG of rolling perks and instead simply use CP to buy perks and then upgrade them.

So you buy a level 1 Thick Skin and unlock it, and then have to use it a set amount of time before you can pay more CP to upgrade it to the next level.

This adds a lot more depth to the system, keeps CP useful, allows everyone to be on the same page and run whatever skills they want, and simply removes the RNG based aspect that determines if you ever get a certain perk, let alone a good version of it.

It's never fun to waste 60,000 cp and literaly get nothing of value from it ON TOP of having wasted your time with all the rolling and selling of that 60k.

Or having players who want certain perks but are locked out of being able to use them because RNG refuses to give it to them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Can't wait to get a legendary silent swimmer and easy listening! I have 6 epics of each. Im so lucky, thats all I roll! Can we get a higher chance epic perk weekend already?! The perk rolling system is horrible! Level 147 and still don't have the epics my friends have. 

I've been quiet in general lately because I've been generally happy with the direction things are heading in. Until this post anyway. I can't help but feel like they are making a "legendary" mistake here. I'll give them a golf clap for making things more accessible for color blind players, but that's about it. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the meeting that produced this brilliant idea.

I'm guessing the system needed to be reworked because of all the perk exploits out there and they decidied to make some changes while they were under the hood. Decisions like this make me sigh on a soul level, because it's evident that they still don't understand what is needed to keep this game relevant for the long haul.

This is the section where I started to write out my suggestions to make a system that would add a ton of replay value and longevity to the title. Unfortunately, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

• Thanks 1

The worst thing about the whole progression system is the lottery/RNG bull****,  and you guys pile on yet more.  I said recently in another post i made about how terrible this system is - that it's a major contributor to my considering giving up on this game after a year of RNG crap, and we'll have to see what the future brings.  I guess this is that answer.

It would be GREAT to implement a "PERK" tracker/counter system in game,

It is very annoying to roll a lower level perk I already have epic levels of MULTIPLE TIMES when i am trying to get new/better perks.

Would it be a  possibility to look into this eventually? Please.

I feel, it kind of sucks wasting CP on these countless unusable perks, when you already have higher rated or even epic perks of them already.

To the OP, I'm not as disappointed as others that this announcement is less exciting than the last couple, we still have over a month of these little teasers to go, good job on that. I hope this is just the first perk rework that will be announced, if there is more coming I'd suggest something different be revealed first, or a campfire chat to get everyone up to speed. I really like these announcements, the work being done to not only keep us up to speed but get them ready must be tremendous. Thank you for keeping the community talking, April is still a ways out and every little bit helps. 

7 hours ago, DamonD7 said:

I don't know if I'm missing something here, but...he's listed the seven ones they're changing, and we'll get the full list of the Legendary ones closer to the update. So I think this is covered, unless like I say I'm reading this wrong.

I assumed there would be more changes than just the ones listed. I thought they were just used as examples. I may have misread also?

4 hours ago, ikarikh said:

@ShiftySamurai

Reposting what I said on Reddit in response to this yesterday:

I think it'd be better to do away with the RNG of rolling perks and instead simply use CP to buy perks and then upgrade them.

So you buy a level 1 Thick Skin and unlock it, and then have to use it a set amount of time before you can pay more CP to upgrade it to the next level.

This adds a lot more depth to the system, keeps CP useful, allows everyone to be on the same page and run whatever skills they want, and simply removes the RNG based aspect that determines if you ever get a certain perk, let alone a good version of it.

It's never fun to waste 60,000 cp and literaly get nothing of value from it ON TOP of having wasted your time with all the rolling and selling of that 60k.

Or having players who want certain perks but are locked out of being able to use them because RNG refuses to give it to them.

Yeah. Exactly. It's really an inadequate solution that they presented. I'm not quite sure if they even play this game sometimes.

• Like 1