ShiftySamurai

Perk System Update & Legendaries

2 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I had a -15% repair one and also did that a long time ago. Try this, though: time your car starts with and without the -10% repair speed...it's brutal.

It may take a lot longer, but the idea is you can reliably repair as a non-repair character granted that you aren't discovered while doing it.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Doodlydoot said:

There's a kitchen knife as a perk! Could there be a kitchen knife now!?

It's an old art asset leftover from the pre-release era. I believe it was "Man at Arms". It doesn't represent anything new.

Just now, Alkavian said:

It's an old art asset leftover from the pre-release era. I believe it was "Man at Arms". It doesn't represent anything new.

Oh ok thank you

We need more space for perks 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, Psychosocial23 said:

What..? I've seen every exploit, cheat, hack, bug, cheap tactic and plain nonsense possible in this game yet I have never seen anybody sit in the water on Jarvis or Pinehurst..  

Is that really the logic that went behind changing (arguably) the worst perk in the game? It's still useless and nobody other than a troll would use it so why not just get rid of it?

Also your numbers with Man At Arms don't add up.. With that logic you're saying that a Chad (who gets a minimum of 4 smacks of a bat and sometimes up to 6+) is not supposed to be able to do that without Man At Arms? If that is the case then why does luck factor into weapon durability?

I think there is a desperate need for a round-table discussion with the devs, mods and some vets so you guys can get on the same page. This may help prevent some of the bad ideas like the window prompt/bubble, the Jason trap changes, Jason's grab, this new legendary perk system etc from passing initial presentation. It's quite clear that the decision makers over there are completely out of touch with reality and have no clue what the community actually wants.

There's a ton more I could give feedback (complain) about but it seems that the community has been completely ignored for the past year..

P.S. Pinehurst is beautiful but plays like complete garbage for counselors. It desperately needs to be re-designed or at the very least item distribution needs to looked at.

Edit: I redact that first statement. I actually have seen ONE guy sitting in the water on Jarvis House but it didn't matter the second Jason got rage and spotted him from a mile away.

We're just a few fans hired as mods, friend. We're just giving our opinions no differently than you. the only thing is we also act as the police for a-holes that don't want to play nice. Complaining about things to us is like complaining to a college TA about how the professor teaches class. We're not on the payroll, don't get any real convo's with the devs, and we don't know any more than you regarding what's coming down the pipe. That's why I said IN MY OPINION regarding the man at arms comment. And I stand by it for that matter. Chads shouldn't be able to use weapons for 5+ hits. Coupled with sucker punch, it completely kills the resource management aspect of the survival horror. A Chad or Bugzy can get through an entire match with just 2 weapons if they also throw in enough cabin to cabin kiting to drain the clock. The game should be about trying to find items under duress and trying to cobble together a defense with whatever a person can find. In it's current state, player safety is relatively assured for at least a few minutes if they have both Sucker and Man at Arms perks at a high rank and a baseball bat in their hands, assuming they're decent players and know when to time their swings that is... 

And regarding the swimmer thing, I've seen a handful of players do it, but none ever survive the whole match with it. It's a pretty potent strategy in the first 3-4 minutes of a match though when Jason's skills aren't charging as quickly.  Just gets progressively less viable further into the match.

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

Chads shouldn't be able to use weapons for 5+ hits. Coupled with sucker punch, it completely kills the resource management aspect of the survival horror. A Chad or Bugzy can get through an entire match with just 2 weapons if they also throw in enough cabin to cabin kiting to drain the clock.

IMO yes Chads should. It's why they're lucky. His stat points dictate having to hit Jason to get his low stam back as his fear is already crippling his stam regen. 

Kinda funny how you neglected to mention Jenny or Vanessa. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

IMO yes Chads should. It's why they're lucky. His stat points dictate having to hit Jason to get his low stam back as his fear is already crippling his stam regen. 

Kinda funny how you neglected to mention Jenny or Vanessa. 

That's just cause he used Chad in his response. Same goes for them too. I'm not saying weapons shouldn't last longer for just them, I'm saying weapons shouldn't last that many hits period. At most, a weapon should have a 3 hit life span with a chance at getting a 4th using Man of Arms for the high luck players. And if weapons like the bat last 3 hits for high luck players like Chad, it should be a dice roll chance of breaking any time after the first hit for the lower luck characters and Man of Arms just lowers the percentage chance of it breaking. In other words, Chad still maintains his statistical advantage, it's just adjusted to create a better survival focused gameplay experience. 

Think of how many weapons you pick up in an average single match. 2, maybe 3 if one is a gun? I've made it through entire matches as low luck characters like Deb with only using a single bat or axe and some smart cabin hoping. Having the weapons break a little faster will barely change the balance since there's plenty of weapons to acquire throughout the map. It will force players to play the game much closer to an actual survival horror game that requires players to gather resources they wouldn't normally use (like the frying pan and tree branch) and strategize to survive rather than having every Chad and Bugz find a bat and wail on Jason as a group for 5-6 minutes after the cops have been called. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Alkavian said:

Kinda makes you wonder why they are showing the old icon with the new legendary perks. I can see why people would be confused thinking that could be a new perk added. 

1 hour ago, Brogan322 said:

Kinda makes you wonder why they are showing the old icon with the new legendary perks. I can see why people would be confused thinking that could be a new perk added. 

You never know. Maybe they created something new? That asset has been there on rolls since launch. I know it's old, but they might have decided to use the icon finally.

5 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

It will force players to play the game much closer to an actual survival horror game that requires players to gather resources they wouldn't normally use (like the frying pan and tree branch) 

Good sir have you not heard about the Sacred Branch?

I've had plenty of matches where my weapon breaks and I go to another cabin just to come up empty handed. 

I think dice rolls for weapons breaking would be dicey.

• Like 1

I appreciate the work on the game but the perks are the least of issues. Can we please have some different weapons and items. All I ever see is players running around with the same old wrenches and pots. Where are the trowels, badminton rackets, pitchforks, screwdrivers, pats, and hatchets? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

I appreciate the work on the game but the perks are the least of issues. Can we please have some different weapons and items. All I ever see is players running around with the same old wrenches and pots. Where are the trowels, badminton rackets, pitchforks, screwdrivers, pats, and hatchets? 

I say they should as a fly swatter as a counsellor weapon - that would deal with the bugs in the game people are always complaining about!

- In reality, yes I wouldn't mind some more variety of weapons to pick up, even if they are near useless and I always go for the baseball bat...

4 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

Wield the Sacred Branch! Though I can concede wanting to use other implements towards Jason. 

• Haha 1

It figures this gets announced right after I spent most of my cp getting the last few epics I wanted haha. I concur with everyone saying we need more perk slots. A slot for each perk available seems like it should have been a given. Hopefully that mockup pic isn't just for demonstration purposes and we get the 39 slots that it shows.

17 hours ago, The Tommy said:

Good sir have you not heard about the Sacred Branch?

I've had plenty of matches where my weapon breaks and I go to another cabin just to come up empty handed. 

I think dice rolls for weapons breaking would be dicey.

That's all the current Luck stat is. Dice rolls are just percentages. Luck increases the percentage that your weapon won't break, therefore it just improves the odds you'll hit your dice roll. It's just different terminology for the same result. 

That said, yeah you're gonna run into a cabin occasionally that is empty, but you have to admit that's the very, very, very large minority of cabins you enter. Even after playing a whole 20 minute match, it's pretty rare to enter a cabin that's been picked clean of all items including weapons. The idea of lowering the durability of weapons though is more rooted into the idea that players will have to conserve the good weapons like baseball bats that we do happen to find, rather than just using them to stun lock Jason over and over because they take 4-6 hits to break. 

I just hope that single player challenges are offline for real. Not like offline bots where you still have to connect to their servers. Why? Because if they keep screwing the balance up, this game will then at LEAST be playable offline. In fact, I'd like it if they put a lot more time into making a full on single player game so that it's not worthless when the servers go down from lack of players. 

In April...

friday_13th_game_packshot_cover_boxart.j

I'm chucking to myself about the Easy Listening perk getting a buff, considering that you'd still get a gigantic target on your back with the radio on just to have a better stamina recovery.

I'd be surprised if the massive boost means that it's actually worth using now if the player plans to kite Jason indoors when the radio is on.

21 hours ago, dmack621 said:

I just hope that single player challenges are offline for real. Not like offline bots where you still have to connect to their servers. Why? Because if they keep screwing the balance up, this game will then at LEAST be playable offline. In fact, I'd like it if they put a lot more time into making a full on single player game so that it's not worthless when the servers go down from lack of players. 

WTF are you talking about????? I just tried getting in the game without my Internet on and it works just fine.
Or do you not see the freaking button that says "Offline mode"???????

On 3/2/2018 at 1:16 PM, Ker Juice said:

I'm all for this but the script for rolling percentages/perk type should be changed back to that of launch. The high probability for an epic perk event we had a while back, wasn't even as good as the roll percentages when the game first dropped.   The best perks I have came from spring/summer 2017.  It's been all downhill since.  We as the consumer can tell the best perks are scripted to be rolled at a low percentage, and then even lower to get a rare or epic.  Don't even get me started on getting a rare or epic with 0% downside- it appears to be on par with our chances of winning the lotto IRL.  This was not the case at launch.  How many times can I get useless/situational Potent Ranger, Teamwork, & Heavy Sleeper??  And back to back at that!  I take shit like this as an insult to our intelligence.  

What was it like back at Launch?

5 hours ago, TheRival said:

WTF are you talking about????? I just tried getting in the game without my Internet on and it works just fine.
Or do you not see the freaking button that says "Offline mode"???????

Still have to connect to their servers on console.