ShiftySamurai

Perk System Update & Legendaries

Hopefully the nerf doesn't go too far, there are already far too few perks of value. I dread having to roll so many times to upgrade my already epic perks, but at the same time, my 110k of cp is getting awfully dusty.

Jason doesn't really need perks to make him more lethal, because everyone would stack the same ones (shift speed, damage, stalk length, hp boost, multi-target attack) etc

Therefore, if you're talking Jason perks, I suggest giving Jason cosmetic perks. Clean new mask, worn and chipped, etc.

Or Dripping bloody weapon, or brand new/shiny weapon. *nothing tacky like gold*

Flaming/muddy footprints, leaving a fog or mist after a morph, or a fog trail after a Shift, etc.

Stuff like that, doesn't really affect gameplay, but gives you a sort of your own signature look.

Speaking of which, I hope they eventually roll out different variation of skins for weapons. 

4 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

What's that knife icon perk?

You start with a pocket knife or get out of Jason's grab once automatically. It's very rare and my friend had it when he played.

3 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Please, for the love of God, do not add a pocket knife perk to the game.

That’s the old icon for the man at arms perk, it’s most likely not gonna be in the game unless it’s made into a new perk. A pocketknife perk will probably never happen, it’d definitely ruin gameplay.

we need more space

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Good afternoon, counselors!

Today is all about Perks, and the first thing we want to talk about is a slight reworking of the UI which is designed to help players who live with certain types of color blindness. Each perk, as well as the Perk Legend, will include a numerical value of 1 through 6 as a visual indicator of Perk rarity. 1 being for Poor Perks, while 6 will denote Legendary Perks (more on that later in this post).

Next up, let’s share some value changes that we are making to Perks.

Easy Listening – Radio proximity recharge rate boost:

• Old Value: 1-10%
  • New Value: 10-40%

Motorboating – Boat movement speed increase

• Old Value: 1-15%
  • New Value: 5-35%

Man at Arms – Weapon durability increase

• Old Value: 5-25%
  • New Value: 5-15%

My Dads a Cop – Cop arrival time reduction

• Old Value: -5 - -30%
  • New Value: -5 - -25%

Quiet Swimmer – Sense detection chance reduction

• Old Value: 1-25%
  • New Value: 5-20%

Lead Foot – Car speed increase

Aquanaut – Swimming speed increase

Finally, we would like to introduce Legendary Perks. Legendary Perks have all the benefits of the Perks that you know and love, but they also include a Legendary Stat Bonus. A Legendary Stat Bonus is a small value increase to a predetermined stat.

PerkMockUp.png

For example: You could roll a Legendary Lead Foot Perk with +19 Car Driving Speed, -2 Boat Driving Speed, with a bonus of +4 Car Start Speed.

Or:

You could roll a Legendary Medic Perk with 2 Med Spray uses, an +8 Health Increase, +5 incoming attack damage, with a +3 to Repair Speed.

We’ll release a full listing of Legendary Bonus Stats a little closer to when the next update releases.

Please let us know what you think!

The new engine update almost there and i wish single player is full game not demo and pls increase lvl to 300 or 450

Interesting system

Great new addition especially for people with all rare perks

4 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Today is all about Perks, and the first thing we want to talk about is a slight reworking of the UI which is designed to help players who live with certain types of color blindness. Each perk, as well as the Perk Legend, will include a numerical value of 1 through 6 as a visual indicator of Perk rarity. 1 being for Poor Perks, while 6 will denote Legendary Perks (more on that later in this post).

Finally, we would like to introduce Legendary Perks. Legendary Perks have all the benefits of the Perks that you know and love, but they also include a Legendary Stat Bonus. A Legendary Stat Bonus is a small value increase to a predetermined stat.

PerkMockUp.png

For example: You could roll a Legendary Lead Foot Perk with +19 Car Driving Speed, -2 Boat Driving Speed, with a bonus of +4 Car Start Speed.

Or:

You could roll a Legendary Medic Perk with 2 Med Spray uses, an +8 Health Increase, +5 incoming attack damage, with a +3 to Repair Speed.

We’ll release a full listing of Legendary Bonus Stats a little closer to when the next update releases.

Damn it you and the Devs hate me don't you :(
I worked hard on re hauling the Wiki page for the Kills for Jason. Getting everyone i could right and for each Jason and BOOM Weapon swaping .... gonna have to rework the page.

Then I ask you guys for help with the Perks and stuff as I have been redoing all the perk pages from the ground up, you guys said you were gonna be busy which was cool then BOOM This... I am going to have to re do all the pages I just redid.

Why Shifty why do you hate me I am just one man working hard on the wiki, ''cries''

38 minutes ago, DeMarches said:

You start with a pocket knife or get out of Jason's grab once automatically. It's very rare and my friend had it when he played.

Fake news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm glad that many of the "worthless" perks got big buffs, but why reduce Man-at-Arms? I'd be ok with going as low as a 20% cap but 15% is an almost worthless percentage.

Think about it, if "X" weapon normally breaks in 5 hits, what's 5 x 1.15? 5.75. That means that it's still going to break in 5 hits, i.e. the perk is worthless. However, if the perk was at least 20%, then that weapon would get 6 hits. I'd rather combat mechanics be redone rather than nerfing useful perks. For one, remove combat stance lock-on or make it a toggle. The reason Jason gets stunned so much is that people hate using combat stance because they can't block and counterattack effectively.

Remember when Jason could block and counterattack immediately? Man-at-Arms wasn't a problem because Jason could effectively block. Then you guys placed a big delay after pressing block before Jason can attack again. You nerfed Jason's ability to fight effectively. So then people start beating up Jason a lot, and then you nerf counselors' ability to fight too. I understand you needed to remove block-swinging but you made the delay between blocking and attacking too big. Nerfing Man-At-Arms is unwarranted in my opinion.

As far as this legendary system goes, it's going to make counselors pretty strong after some time when everyone has a decent amount of legendary perks. Jason is going to need some buffs to handle that. I have a few ideas you could take for free... ;)

5 hours ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

What's that knife icon perk?

I be seeing it when I be rolling perks but I've never got it. I use to think I was seeing things

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, shunflames4real said:

I be seeing it when I be rolling perks but I've never got it. I use to think I was seeing things

Me too, and I also saw an eyeball for an icon. I wonder what that is. If it's revealing Jason's outline/aura to you, then this is too similar to Object of Obsession from DBD.

I'm sad to see you guys aren't nerfing the most OP survivor perks. Survivors aren't even afraid of killers when it's so easy to cure themselves indefinitely. I hit a Survivor, and they just vault a window and heal on the other side. The self care situation has gotten so far out of hand that survivors aren't even afraid to step into my traps, they break out and just heal themselves right on the spot.

• Like 1

@ShiftySamurai Question. When playerbase complains about far too much RNG in the perks system, what is the correct solution?

a. Reduce RNG
b. Increase RNG

Because this is option b. With potential to introduce something OP since you can now stack another bonus. Also, how did Quiet Swimmer and MAA even make the nerf list? I just don't understand the thinking behind these changes. Players push for a progressive / upgradeable system, so they don't need to spend countless CP for the perks relevant to their playstyle, and the team goes completely in the other direction. Too much Vegas from the looks of it.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

@ShiftySamurai Question. When playerbase complains about far too much RNG in the perks system, what is the correct solution?

a. Reduce RNG
b. Increase RNG

Because this is option b. With potential to introduce something OP since you can now stack another bonus. Also, how did Quiet Swimmer and MAA even make the nerf list?
I just don't understand the thinking behind these changes. Players push for a progressive / upgradeable system, so they don't need to spend countless CP for the perks relevant to their playstyle, and the team goes completely in the other direction. Too much Vegas from the looks of it.

THANK YOU. It's like they misunderstood what players hated about the entire perk system in the first place! Instead of a 20% chance of getting the best version of the perk (and even I doubt that it wasn't weighted towards lesser perks in the first place) now you have a 17% chance of getting the best perk.  so you'll have to roll EVEN MORE TIMES theoretically to get the best version of the perk, a process people hated before and is now only going to be worse.

In my opinion, they shouldve REDUCED the versions of the perks down to 3 (or 4 with Legendary) instead of adding yet ANOTHER level that we have to roll for.

• Like 1

Well.. That's one way to screw over the vets that have spent hundreds of thousands if not millions of CP trying to get tiny upgrades to their already epic perks..

Jason better get some minor buffs to compensate for these "bonus" stats counselors are getting. Counselors are still way too powerful when grouped and nothing has been done to fix that.

Idk why people in this thread are excited for this.. Do you really trust Gun & Ill to not royally screw balance again and take months to fix it? I sure as hell don't.

It seems like you guys are running out of ideas so please stop adding stupid crap like this and ask the community for help. We will happily tell you exactly what needs to be changed, added and fixed..

Edit: I don't think I was critical enough when I posted the above.. Not a single person likes the current perk system and the RNG is ridiculous so please for the love of god change the perk system or toss this idea in the trash where it belongs. I've mentioned this in a previous post but it took me over 500 HOURS to roll ONE epic Marathon, that is absurd and it really pisses me off that you are making the system WORSE rather than utilizing our feedback and fixing the damn thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

PerkMockUp.png

Or:

Legendary perks- good idea. Like .

About perks like Motorboating ect. - it's trash. I don't need faster boat or car. I don't know how many times i will be driver. 

In my opinion  we need completly new perks , maybe for all counselors specials. For example 

For Jenny Mayers +10 % speed when sprint . Regeneration 4 min.

5 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

I think the game's perk-rolling lottery is annoying trash, and if this is what the devs have come up with after being given something like this by @AldermachXI on a fucking silver platter, they need their heads examined.

But thanks for the update and all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since epic was the highest perk avaible in game when originally rolled will those change to legendary with random bonus perk? Or stay epic?

30 minutes ago, Dr. Lecter said:

I think the game's perk-rolling lottery is annoying trash, and if this is what the devs have come up with after being given something like this by @AldermachXI on a fucking silver platter, they need their heads examined.

But thanks for the update and all.

Everyone I talk to thinks it's trash, including online. I especially can't imagine any max level being happy they received a 1% grinder or equivalent useless perk (the majority), which does happen. Ben's "free cup of coffee at the DMV" example in defense of the perks system is by far the worst I've heard. That kind of thinking is completely unrealistic in the context of this game.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

a. Reduce RNG
b. Increase RNG

Because this is option b. With potential to introduce something OP since you can now stack another bonus. Also, how did Quiet Swimmer and MAA even make the nerf list? I just don't understand the thinking behind these changes. Players push for a progressive / upgradeable system, so they don't need to spend countless CP for the perks relevant to their playstyle, and the team goes completely in the other direction. Too much Vegas from the looks of it.

38 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

THANK YOU. It's like they misunderstood what players hated about the entire perk system in the first place! Instead of a 20% chance of getting the best version of the perk (and even I doubt that it wasn't weighted towards lesser perks in the first place) now you have a 17% chance of getting the best perk.  so you'll have to roll EVEN MORE TIMES theoretically to get the best version of the perk, a process people hated before and is now only going to be worse.

In my opinion, they shouldve REDUCED the versions of the perks down to 3 (or 4 with Legendary) instead of adding yet ANOTHER level that we have to roll for.

I agree with both of these statements. Poor rank perks shouldn't even exist because they are often worse than using no perks at all. The only exception being to spawn with certain items. I'll take the new legendary system if they just remove all poor rank perks from the game because NO ONE uses them. All they are is a waste of CP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I agree with both of these statements. Poor rank perks shouldn't even exist because they are often worse than using no perks at all. The only exception being to spawn with certain items. I'll take the new legendary system if they just remove all poor rank perks from the game because NO ONE uses them. All they are is a waste of CP.

Not only low rank perks shouldn't exist, but majority of the perks are so useless they could just be removed without having any effect on the game. But instead these perks just add much more unnecessary variables to the roll, just to get automatically sold.

• Like 1

Important. Please read !!!

1) This is very good, only there is some but:
Perk that knife in his hand will never fall out and none of my friends either.

2) I also wanted to say that there are players who break perks and put 1 perk in all 3 slots, for example perks fast car planting, it is put through the configs that are in the folder, and thus interfere with the play. So I wanted to tell when the identity data will be punished and will fix this error?

3) And also wanted to give one very wonderful idea: Please do so that the players who want to together can not become a jason. And if the player wants to play for Jason, then he will play only 1, and then his friend is constantly telling where the rest. And to play in this way does not work.

4) Please check that the game in a private match and online match was the same. And then in a private match you can save the leader by hitting him, and in an online match to save the leader, you need to hit Jason only from behind.

5) Make it very easy please the system from the cheater is better. And then the players go into the game and immediately see where and what objects are lying.

6) I hope this my message will be read and certain conclusions will be drawn.