ShiftySamurai

Perk System Update & Legendaries

I love the changes to the perk system! Just wondering why Man At Arms was nerfed so heavily? The 25% helped with weapon durability, but it didn’t feel OP. Heavy Hitter was nerfed A LOT a while ago and the 40% was a bit much for that perk, but Man At Arms shouldn’t have been nerfed.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, pioneer67fkd said:

jason doesn't need perks

Jason does need Perks - I can play this game too.. 

Being Able to further Customize Jason would be an excellent feature.  Players continue to get better skills. Natural progression would be able to customize Jason more. Weapon Swapping is a awesome feature that is coming.

• Confused 1

I get trying to buff some of these perks buuut lets face it, they still wont be used. Easy listening is worthless, Motorboating is too situational to ever use and so on. The My Dads a Cop adjustment I can understand but the Man at Arms and Quiet Swimmer nerfs seem odd, but maybe its just me.

The fact is that we have a lot of perks that dont have enough value to warrant their use. Id suggest either looking into bringing down the more popular perks or reworking the ones that noone uses. 

Im ok with the additional boost on the Legendary Perks as long as theyre not too out of hand. Maybe be sure that you cant, for instance, get stam recharge as the bonus on too many as the bonus so you end up stacking a ridiculous amount. Maybe the extra perks, if they were good bonuses, would make people use some of the less used perks.

No matter what though NO ONE will ever use Heavy Sleeper or Potent Ranger. Theyre useless perks.

The knife perk... 

wGAvg.gif

I have 20k of CP. Bring it on, baby. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Thank you for the new color and number system. I am one of the people who had trouble telling the difference in the old system. THanks again!

21 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I get trying to buff some of these perks buuut lets face it, they still wont be used. Easy listening is worthless, Motorboating is too situational to ever use and so on. The My Dads a Cop adjustment I can understand but the Man at Arms and Quiet Swimmer nerfs seem odd, but maybe its just me.

The fact is that we have a lot of perks that dont have enough value to warrant their use. Id suggest either looking into bringing down the more popular perks or reworking the ones that noone uses. 

Im ok with the additional boost on the Legendary Perks as long as theyre not too out of hand. Maybe be sure that you cant, for instance, get stam recharge as the bonus on too many as the bonus so you end up stacking a ridiculous amount. Maybe the extra perks, if they were good bonuses, would make people use some of the less used perks.

No matter what though NO ONE will ever use Heavy Sleeper or Potent Ranger. Theyre useless perks.

Agreed. Of the 45 perks only about 5 or 6 are worth equipping.

I'd also prefer being able to just buy the perks I want instead of wasting my time rolling perks. Go ahead and make the costs exorbitant. I'll still rather just fork up 100k for a perk I actually want than to spend 20k rolling like a dunce and hoping to get a good perk.

I guess this is a start, but I'd rather see a complete overhaul.

• Like 1

Eh I don’t like anything that makes counselors stronger as they’re still too strong. Weapon damage and stun chances are still WAY too high leaving combat as a first choice for far too many

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

Awesome, just awesome guys! @ShiftySamurai  My question is, I noticed on the screen shot the roll perk value is 5 cp instead of 500. That's for testing purposes right? The 500 cp value will remain as always? Just figured I would ask, thanks for the info and I'm so ready for the update!

1 hour ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I kinda felt the same way about how too many perks are just throw aways, and one solution I was thinking to solve the issue was to make a 3-rank system and force players to pick one perk from each rank level. so there can be lvl 1 perks that are more situational; stuff like the radio noise and car speed, a lvl  2 perk that's more of an assistance perk like starting with a map, firecracker, or med spray, and the lvl 3 perks can be really potent stuff like sucker punch and marathon. Either that, or make a point system where each counselor has a set amount of points to spend and each perk has a certain cost so players have to choose between having a couple of really good perks or 4-5 somewhat helpful perks. They could even use to better balance the counselors by giving the less used counselors like Sheldon a few extra "perk points" to assign so they become more valuable to the team. 

I see people with lead foot perk at 20% getting out of camp quicker and maybe time traveling as well.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

What's that knife icon perk?

The pocket knife perk was something in the beta . It allowed counselors to spawn in with a pocket knife but devs decided it was over powered and removed it . The way it looks tho We may get it back.

• Thanks 1

I hope we do get it back this is a nice compromise. If you want a pocket knife that means you'll have to give something up like thick skinned, medic, or sucker punch. Unless the devs give us an extra slot wink wink lol.

14 minutes ago, Ghostboy20 said:

I see people with lead foot perk at 20% getting out of camp quicker and maybe time traveling as well.

giphy.gif

Good luck trying to catch a car with Part 2, 4, 7 now...

Also, really, 6 levels of perks now?  Why stop there, why not do 10 or 13? /sarcasm

I feel like there are too many perk levels right now, and the addition of a 6th doesn't help any.  The current system of CP perk rolling and gambling is a absurd display of minute differences between arbitrary perk levels and a shallow mechanism for rewarding players for playing consistently.  In my opinion, the reward for rolling perks doesn't justify the length of time it takes to perform it, nor the actual payoff in the form of Rare perk chance. 

That's why you run into players saying they have 50,000-1,000,000 CP now - they think the current perk rolling system isn't worth the time and effort it takes to do it, and I don't see how this alteration is going to change their minds.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Awesome.

Unexpected.

I'd still rather see a system that allows you to meaningfully upgrade perks via perk-related challenges. But this is still pretty cool.

If nothing else, it shows the devs are still looking to improve the little things.

I believe this was before your time here @ShiftySamurai - Worth a gander.

When I saw the tweet I was really hoping it was something like your thread. Kind of disappointed, but this is interesting news. 

1 hour ago, carnage4u said:

Jason does need Perks - I can play this game too.. 

Being Able to further Customize Jason would be an excellent feature.  Players continue to get better skills. Natural progression would be able to customize Jason more. Weapon Swapping is a awesome feature that is coming.

weapon swapping is the only thing jason needs he's getting it perks for jason would ruin the game jason is fine the way he is 

Can jason can get perk too but difference to the counselor perk??

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum777 said:

I kinda felt the same way about how too many perks are just throw aways, and one solution I was thinking to solve the issue was to make a 3-rank system and force players to pick one perk from each rank level. so there can be lvl 1 perks that are more situational; stuff like the radio noise and car speed, a lvl  2 perk that's more of an assistance perk like starting with a map, firecracker, or med spray, and the lvl 3 perks can be really potent stuff like sucker punch and marathon. Either that, or make a point system where each counselor has a set amount of points to spend and each perk has a certain cost so players have to choose between having a couple of really good perks or 4-5 somewhat helpful perks. They could even use to better balance the counselors by giving the less used counselors like Sheldon a few extra "perk points" to assign so they become more valuable to the team. 

I could see a point system working like how more recent CODs have done it. The problem with that though is Im sure youd have people arguing as to which perks are the good ones and so on. I mean its pretty obvious the better perks are Sucker Punch, Marathon, Restful, Swift Attacker, Thick Skin, and Medic, but someone may put more value in say Man at Arms and the like.

But the main problem, as many seem to agree with, is some perks being too situational or not having enough of an impact. Maybe if Fear was increased it would make those perks more viable but then again you dont want to make it so a specific perk feels necessary to play the actual game which seems to be where we're t with some of them now

Do you guys REALLY think adding more RNG to your game is somehow gonna make it good? It's like you just learned about RNG and now it's the coolest thing ever to you, so every little aspect of the game has to be based on it.

1 hour ago, Ghostboy20 said:

giphy.gif

88mph baby

I'm going for the flux capacitor perk for sure. It be a reason to look back at perks. I haven't rolled since Halloween.

Eh I guess this is an ok addition but the perk system needs a complete overhaul to make it more enjoyable. There really needs to be other uses for CP besides perks/kills. Like purchasing additional color swatches for existing clothes etc...

• Thanks 1

I'm glad that there's new changes to the perk system coming but it leaves me wondering if the counselors are going to end up in an overpowered state like before the grab update. Hopefully Jason is going to be getting a few new changes too; I personally am hoping he'll have a better way of dealing with mobs of counselors. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2