ShiftySamurai

Perk System Update & Legendaries

Good afternoon, counselors!

Today is all about Perks, and the first thing we want to talk about is a slight reworking of the UI which is designed to help players who live with certain types of color blindness. Each perk, as well as the Perk Legend, will include a numerical value of 1 through 6 as a visual indicator of Perk rarity. 1 being for Poor Perks, while 6 will denote Legendary Perks (more on that later in this post).

Next up, let’s share some value changes that we are making to Perks.

Easy Listening – Radio proximity recharge rate boost:

• Old Value: 1-10%
  • New Value: 10-40%

Motorboating – Boat movement speed increase

• Old Value: 1-15%
  • New Value: 5-35%

Man at Arms – Weapon durability increase

• Old Value: 5-25%
  • New Value: 5-15%

My Dads a Cop – Cop arrival time reduction

• Old Value: -5 - -30%
  • New Value: -5 - -25%

Quiet Swimmer – Sense detection chance reduction

• Old Value: 1-25%
  • New Value: 5-20%

Lead Foot – Car speed increase

• Old Value: 1-10%
  • New Value: 5-20%

Aquanaut – Swimming speed increase

• Old Value: 1-15%
  • New Value: 5-35%

Finally, we would like to introduce Legendary Perks. Legendary Perks have all the benefits of the Perks that you know and love, but they also include a Legendary Stat Bonus. A Legendary Stat Bonus is a small value increase to a predetermined stat.

PerkMockUp.png

For example: You could roll a Legendary Lead Foot Perk with +19 Car Driving Speed, -2 Boat Driving Speed, with a bonus of +4 Car Start Speed.

Or:

You could roll a Legendary Medic Perk with 2 Med Spray uses, an +8 Health Increase, +5 incoming attack damage, with a +3 to Repair Speed.

We’ll release a full listing of Legendary Bonus Stats a little closer to when the next update releases.

Please let us know what you think!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 5

This is very Interesting.

You guys come out and say No Updates to April, then keep dumping these amazing Sneak Peaks on us.  This communities strong suit isn't patient:)   :)
GET HYPED.

Very interesting. I'm glad to see you guys working behind the scenes on new content even though it won't be coming right away. 

So we can now have 36 spots instead of 30 if I estimate the grid correctly? 

3 minutes ago, FrenchFriedPotaters said:

What's that knife icon perk?

Yeah, I was wondering that to. I always see it when I'm rolling a perk, and I never got it. 

Damn, guess I have to make some room now

Will We ever see selectable Perks for Jason to customize him further? - Please say yes? :) 

I hope that guy that posted his 1,000,000 CP points the other day didnt' spend them for no reason.

• Haha 2

Gives people that already have a set of Epics they love something else to want to play and spend CP on, so that's good. As well as the chance of new players getting really lucky early on and getting a Legendary.

Also, nice touch with the numbers. Really hadn't considered that, but it's a kind and inclusive idea.

• Like 1

Love this!

Also love the steady stream of insights we've been getting. Hope the team keeps this up as it's making the update dry spell tolerable.

6 minutes ago, MPREZYA said:

So we can now have 36 spots instead of 30 if I estimate the grid correctly? 

39. There are 13 slots and 3 rows. Yup.

• Thanks 1

So what happened to "The engine upgrade is our priority and it requires every person on the team" ? Ever since y'all announced the upgrade (and said no new updates until it happened) there have been several "new content" teasers. What gives? Do you need all your manpower to upgrade the engine or is that just something you said so people would quit bitching about a buggy game?

• Like 1

Awesome.

Unexpected.

I'd still rather see a system that allows you to meaningfully upgrade perks via perk-related challenges. But this is still pretty cool.

If nothing else, it shows the devs are still looking to improve the little things.

I believe this was before your time here @ShiftySamurai - Worth a gander.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

This is very Interesting.

You guys come out and say No Updates to April, then keep dumping these amazing Sneak Peaks on us.  This communities strong suit isn't patient:)   :)
GET HYPED.

Because there will be no updates till April lol

29 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

Will We ever see selectable Perks for Jason to customize him further? - Please say yes? :) 

jason doesn't need perks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Awesome.

Unexpected.

I'd still rather see a system that allows you to meaningfully upgrade perks via perk-related challenges. But this is still pretty cool.

If nothing else, it shows the devs are still looking to improve the little things.

I believe this was before your time here @ShiftySamurai - Worth a gander.

Agree 100% alder, some kind of perk upgrading whether cp or challenge based gives us a goal no matter how long it would take, you can go "once i reach here I have the perk I want" rather than endlessly rolling with no end in sight

• Like 2

Loving this update, the balance changes, and UI improvement for better accessibility. You guys are awesome, especially for keeping colorblind players in mind.