On 3/2/2018 at 5:20 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Loading mentioned that at least one "walking" Jason should have -Shift, so that's why I gave -Throwing Knives to J7. I feel that the combination of pros & cons I put on the updated J7 is the most balanced he could be made while staying close to "in-character" to how he was portrayed in the movie. I gave -Traps to J8 so the number of Jasons with -Traps would remain.

For -Destruction I think it's not going to happen. It would require either buffing normal and +Destruction, which would immediately make those Jasons that much stronger, or be placed so far behind the current normal destruction that counselors could have a kegger waiting for Jason to chop his way in.

And what do you think about how my original post is formatted?

Another cool strength/weakness for Jason could be called “resist”. It would mean that when sweater girl uses the sweater and Jason has to rapidly press a button prompt if Jason has a +resist it fills up a lot quicker and if Jason has a -resist the bar fills up significantly slower. While a neutral Jason would stay as it is currently. Just thought I’d be a cool stat for Jason

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Another cool strength/weakness for Jason could be called “resist”. It would mean that when sweater girl uses the sweater and Jason has to rapidly press a button prompt if Jason has a +resist it fills up a lot quicker and if Jason has a -resist the bar fills up significantly slower. While a neutral Jason would stay as it is currently. Just thought I’d be a cool stat for Jason

People just use macros and turbo controllers to fill up the bar in less than a second anyway. I don't think that power is needed. I think Defense and Hit Points are enough to keep Jason from dying.

• Like 1

For Uber Jason I think this would be his stats.

Strengths: 

grip strength 

HP

stun resistance 

rage

Weaknesses:

traps

cant run

water speed

morph

In my opinion these would be his stats.

56 minutes ago, Chace Hollett said:

For Uber Jason I think this would be his stats.

Strengths: 

grip strength 

HP

stun resistance 

rage

Weaknesses:

traps

cant run

water speed

morph

In my opinion these would be his stats.

That can work too. I might make that one later on. Also, +Fear has a new skull symbol.

• Like 1

Alternate part 4 can run + destruction + fear combo seems to be effective at negating some of cabin hopping. Am i right? Anyways, i like it. Devs should make it so that Uber Jason blocks attacks with the metal arm. It would make +Defense more believable. I haven´t watched Jason X just yet. Are there any scenes where Uber clearly had increased grip strength?

43 minutes ago, Mr. HK 92 said:

Alternate part 4 can run + destruction + fear combo seems to be effective at negating some of cabin hopping. Am i right? Anyways, i like it. Devs should make it so that Uber Jason blocks attacks with the metal arm. It would make +Defense more believable. I haven´t watched Jason X just yet. Are there any scenes where Uber clearly had increased grip strength?

For one, Uber is a cyborg bonded to space ship metal, so there's that. Two, he punched a hole through the hull of said space ship, so the dude is OP.

And +Fear would help with anti-cabin hopping/looping, but my preference would be for +Stalk on part 4. I made that alternate for those that like it.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:42 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Bonus Pamela Template

Dude -- this was BRILLIANT.

But then . . . you ended with a Pamela who WASN'T BETSY PALMER??!!

Please. Please. For the love of God. Fix it.

Then I will be your best friend.

Kisses,
- Skunk

On 01/03/2018 at 1:42 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

+Throwing Knives: Spawn with six knives.

Actually, it's four knives. Two in Jason's shack plus four already equipped.

3 hours ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Actually, it's four knives. Two in Jason's shack plus four already equipped.

I'm talking about what you spawn with, not counting what you pick up in the shack.

And the alternate P4 exists for @Tommy86. It comes down to opinion. For me it's not just about min/maxing the stats to make the most OP killer, I like the flexibility that a stronger Stalk would give P4 in strategy. Yeah you still have to wait for Morph, but it's not about that for me. You can stalk around a cabin and make someone think you morphed away and then get them, rather than just take the linear path and just chase and chase until everyone's stamina is gone. Just my opinion.

4 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Dude -- this was BRILLIANT.

But then . . . you ended with a Pamela who WASN'T BETSY PALMER??!!

Please. Please. For the love of God. Fix it.

Then I will be your best friend.

Kisses,
- Skunk

It's really hard to find a decent shot of Betsy Palmer. The FvJ Pam had a clean picture that was easy to photoshop. If I find a better OG Pam picture I'll do it. Consider the other one to be "Paulma." Long time forum users will understand.

17 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You can stalk around a cabin and make someone think you morphed away and then get them, rather than just take the linear path and just chase and chase until everyone's stamina is gone. Just my opinion.

Well yes, I agree Stalk is a good anti-cabin looping tactic, I use it often in this way. The static notification can confuse them into thinking you have Shifted out so they climb back in, for example. I just don't really see the value in having a 10s shorter cooldown on Stalk, and duration is the same for plus, minus and base, so it's not a valuable positive IMO. Something like +Fear would have an effect throughout the whole match, whereas outside of using Stalk in tandem with Morph / Shift, its use is very situational. Therefore mainly dependant on the cooldowns of the other abilities.

On 3/2/2018 at 7:06 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Splitting hairs, yes, but that still doesn't negate my point. Destruction and Weapon Strength only have 2 levels. I don't think anyone wants to take 7 hits to kill a counselor and 8 hits to destroy a door, for example. Fear only having 2 levels is fine.  Plus, with the way Fear is calculated, if a Jason generated less fear then people with an uncommon fear perk would survive the night having never been discovered on sense.

Whether you’ve built up fear or not you’re still going to be detected due to sense. You can see a Jenny with 0 fear just jogging along or even crouching and if she is in your range she’ll glow red. In my personal experience fear has no effect for sense detection whether I’m a 10 composure (Jenny) or a 10 stealth (Tiffany). If you see Jason and you have no perks you will be detected. I have avoided Jason a few times with Adam when crouching and having a 15% sense reduction and Jason had a weak sense (Part 8) and I was barely in music range.

3 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

Whether you’ve built up fear or not you’re still going to be detected due to sense. You can see a Jenny with 0 fear just jogging along or even crouching and if she is in your range she’ll glow red. In my personal experience fear has no effect for sense detection whether I’m a 10 composure (Jenny) or a 10 stealth (Tiffany). If you see Jason and you have no perks you will be detected. I have avoided Jason a few times with Adam when crouching and having a 15% sense reduction and Jason had a weak sense (Part 8) and I was barely in music range.

The way Sense works is that it will pick up any counselor within its range regardless of Fear, regardless of anything other than Sense avoidance perks. Even with these perks however, if Jason simply spams Sense on/off, he will catch them on his radar as those perks are just based on chance. 

Where Fear comes into play is that the higher the Fear, the further out a counselor can be detected beyond Sense range. But for this to happen Sense must be left on while they exit that range. Higher Fear will not allow a counselor to be picked up further unless Sense is tracking them from inside to outside range.  Hopefully that is easy to understand.

The Sense range grows throughout the match as well, it is time-based, and has the same range and expansion rate for all Jasons - until Rage, where plus, minus and base Sense traits each receive a different boost in range. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

The way Sense works is that it will pick up any counselor within its range regardless of Fear, regardless of anything other than Sense avoidance perks. Even with these perks however, if Jason simply spams Sense on/off, he will catch them on his radar as those perks are just based on chance. 

Where Fear comes into play is that the higher the Fear, the further out a counselor can be detected beyond Sense range. But for this to happen Sense must be left on while they exit that range. Higher Fear will not allow a counselor to be picked up further unless Sense is tracking them from inside to outside range.  Hopefully that is easy to understand.

The Sense range grows throughout the match as well, it is time-based, and has the same range and expansion rate for all Jasons - until Rage, where plus, minus and base Sense traits each receive a different boost in range. 

Thanks for clearing that up. They should tweak how it relates to fear. At least I mentioned that sense spamming will be less common in the OP.

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Thanks for clearing that up. They should tweak how it relates to fear. At least I mentioned that sense spamming will be less common in the OP.

No problem. My opinion on Fear is that if they were ever to make changes to it, the removal of the stumble mechanic should be #1 priority before anything else. All instances of complete loss of character control should be removed actually, on both sides.

It's the reason why people hate stuns so much as Jason as well, it's because they simply can't do anything at all for a period of time. It is not fun having control of your character simply taken away. Weapon getting stuck randomly is another mechanic that should 100% be removed. There are other ways to go about providing time for counselors, and providing opportunity for Jason to catch up, than mechanics which blatantly remove all controls for the player.

Slow Jason's who can't run and have limited shift are a bit pathetic. I feel this is the main problem with Jasons. I get the impression that this is how jolly good feels and he is trying to rebalance here, and his ideas are good.

I think the slower jasons were designed with a more stalking playstyle in mind. I love the idea of stalk but think it falls flat when everyone is a runner, or trying to escape as fast as possible or when they just want to treat you like a piñata.

I came up with a idea that may prove the solution to this issue, a suggestion that may make the weaker Jasons more fun to play again. Check it out below (shameless plug)

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/17607-jason-lurebaiting-ability/

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

If I find a better OG Pam picture I'll do it.

There is, of course this one -- which is less a photograph and more art, but then again -- so are all the Jasons displayed on your screens.

11532a0e9055876c75af9f425a55eb26bfe65bc9

11 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Consider the other one to be "Paulma." Long time forum users will understand.

Poor @ResolutionBlaze . . .  ;)

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Sense avoidance perks can be useful but when Jason spams sense the RNG pick pick you up eventually. I just believe that it is Jason’s job to create fear in the counselors so if they have 0 fear they shouldn’t be picked up by fear and each level of fear they get to it is easier to pick up their location. Level 2 fear should have a red cloud around the counselor so Jason knows they are in the area and Level 3 and 4 fear they start glowing red and Jason knows exactly where they are. It would make composure and stealth a lot better stats then they currently area. 

One of the worst things about being Jason is when your weapon gets stuck in the door. If you go into combat stance and chop down a door expect to get your weapon stuck about 5 times, it is one of the most annoying things in the game.

17 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

One of the worst things about being Jason is when your weapon gets stuck in the door. If you go into combat stance and chop down a door expect to get your weapon stuck about 5 times, it is one of the most annoying things in the game.

At this point I could probably write a book about Jason's interaction with doors. Lot of testing on it. Basically you always want to perform light attack in combat stance at doors, standing at the side. Not only will this protect you from door combat (and angled door hits by blocking on hit after each door strike), but it will also minimise the amount your weapon gets stuck. The rate at which Jason's weapon is stuck is different depending on the weapon, and it is more common on overhead / heavy attack than it is on light attack (or seems to be at least).

1 minute ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@Cokeyskunk I added a "true" Pamela template if you want to try some photo editing yourself. The previous one has been demoted to Paulma status.

Bravo, sir.