5 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

1. You use the brainless as fodder and work with the smart. My guess is you'd be fodder.

Dorian doesn't seems to understand how this game works.  Too busy complaining about everything in hopes of getting more pocket knives.

If Jason targets me il try my hardest to avoid him as long as possible in hopes of others getting an escape going.  If i get caught and killed i do two things.

The chase and death that i put up gives others enough time to get some objectives done.. So i cheer for their escape if they have gotten some objectives done.

If the counselors didn't get any objectives done during my chase and death.. I cheer on Jason instead..  They made my chase and death meaningless.

Dorian.. Can't just can't take dying.

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Counselors are going to get a host of new buffs with legendary perks. Counselors will accrue many legendary perks with enough time, and that will balance things in their favor a bit.

This is what Im worried about. We'll be back in the cycle of the Oct patch and those complaints, then there will be an eventual over correction for Jason, not taking into account counselors at base level without those perks, then counselors will get a base buff and so on.

Ive always been an advocate of how asymmetrical multiplayer isnt suppose to be "balanced" (mainly because when people think of balance they only think of the 1v1 scenario) but I'm not entirely opposed to QOL changes and buffs/tweaks here and there. The thing about the new system will be that there will still be some useless perks that dont get used sadly, and we don't know if for the bonus stats, if certain perks will only be able to roll specific advantages or all of them.

I like the idea of an extra stat, but they shouldn't be anything close to even a poor perk. Its a nice concept and I look forward to it, but I can already see it needing a lot of tweaking. I forget where it was said, or even if it was on this specific game, but I remember reading once along the lines that "perks shouldn't feel like a necessity." but without them, at base, too many people would complain about Jason being "OP" and the likes.

In the end, I hope after the big update we will start to see more regular patches. I know its asking a lot from a small company but it'd be nice to have two teams, one working constantly on balance and QA and another working on future content, with the former working to do a patch at least once a month relating to feedback.

Sorry for the wall of text @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow. Started rambling a bit :lol:

On 3/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, UlfKarl said:

yesterday I was very confused, I had an axe and I hit Jason for save a friend, I have sucker punch, and I didnt stun him, with a fucking axe!! wtf, and it was many times, arround 4 times I hit him in different occasions and I never stunned him, by the way that Jason was savini, I have a question, is savini Jason immune to stuns?

I think he does have a secret stun resistance. My friend plays Savini and we were both shocked when my bat swings kept bouncing off of him, and I was using the 25% sucker punch. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

1. You use the brainless as fodder and work with the smart. My guess is you'd be fodder.

2. Pocket knives are great. Use them. Just don't expect to find them in every drawer you open. 

3. If the pipe is hollow, I'd much rather be hit with it over a solid bat. 

4. Not screwed. Fighting an uphill battle with six others vs one guy. 

5. Or a Jason who may only get 1-2 kills when facing a competent lobby. Yayyyy! 

Competent lobbies don't exist in QP. Or if they do its very rare.  They usually only exist in Private Matches.  So Yayyy... 

23 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Competent lobbies don't exist in QP. Or if they do its very rare.  They usually only exist in Private Matches.  So Yayyy... 

It's harder to get things done in QP. So you can cultivate a person or two to play with regularly, try to lone wolf and deal with the results, or move into private matches. 

Alternately you could find another game that better suits you. 

But my guess is you'll just continue to bitch and moan about the lack of hand holding via pocketknives in every thread you post in and nobody will give a fuck. Gun isn't going to neuter Jason into an incompetent stooge. 

5 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Gun isn't going to neuter Jason into an incompetent stooge. 

They kinda did for a bit there, granted, they fixed their mistake but their decisions made between Oct-Dec are what led to having folks like good old Dorian as well as a few others.

No one wants Jason as an incompetent stooge.  But no one wants Jason's to have a complete cakewalk either.  They want adequate, consistent challenge for those across the board. Both counselors and Jason.  Not to favor one side completely.  Another thing turning off people to the game (outside of Bugs of course) is new people joining the game, getting killed of a minute or two and waiting around a potential 15-18 mins for MAYBE playing Tommy.  That has to be switched.  People aren't  gonna fucking stick to a game if they're just sitting around watching. 

Its no wonder the game is losing players.   No balance and a $40 fee to just SPECTATE?  Logic/Common sense aren't exactly a national virtue I guess these days.  No wonder there are idiots like Donald Trump the leader of the free world :rolleyes:

54 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

They kinda did for a bit there, granted, they fixed their mistake but their decisions made between Oct-Dec are what led to having folks like good old Dorian as well as a few others.

I don't think they gimped Jason on purpose. Also they unfucked themselves.

29 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

No one wants Jason as an incompetent stooge.  But no one wants Jason's to have a complete cakewalk either.  They want adequate, consistent challenge for those across the board. Both counselors and Jason.  Not to favor one side completely.  Another thing turning off people to the game (outside of Bugs of course) is new people joining the game, getting killed of a minute or two and waiting around a potential 15-18 mins for MAYBE playing Tommy.  That has to be switched.  People are gonna fucking stick to a game if they're just sitting around watching. 

Its no wonder the game is losing players.   No balance and a $40 fee to just SPECTATE?  Logic/Common sense aren't exactly a national virtue I guess these days.  No wonder there are idiots like Donald Trump the leader of the free world :rolleyes:

If Gun has the balance focused around a bunch of idiots who play with no plan of action, then the result is going to be an incompetent stooge. If you play in a lobby where counselors work together and communicate, (as is intended) the balance is fine. Jason isn't favored. As far as dying, if you die in QP, move onto another lobby. It's not rocket science.

Don't speak to me of common sense when you have not shown any. if you are content to play in QP, alone, and in chaotic fashion, and be part of the lowest common denominator, don't expect balance. Balance is being centered around people who are at least mildly coordinated. 

Your "balance" is the game holding your hand via multiple pocketknives so a good, competent Jason can't kill you even after he out skills you. That's not going to happen intentionally, and I'd doubt it'll happen again by accident. My honest suggestion is to either adapt or find a game better suited to you.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I don't think they gimped Jason on purpose. Also they unfucked themselves.

If Gun has the balance focused around a bunch of idiots who play with no plan of action, then the result is going to be an incompetent stooge. If you play in a lobby where counselors work together and communicate, (as is intended) the balance is fine. Jason isn't favored. As far as dying, if you die in QP, move onto another lobby. It's not rocket science.

Don't speak to me of common sense when you have not shown any. if you are content to play in QP, alone, and in chaotic fashion, and be part of the lowest common denominator, don't expect balance. Balance is being centered around people who are at least mildly coordinated. 

Your "balance" is the game holding your hand via multiple pocketknives so a good, competent Jason can't kill you even after he out skills you. That's not going to happen intentionally, and I'd doubt it'll happen again by accident. My honest suggestion is to either adapt or find a game better suited to you.

Again...It doesn't matter if its "intended" the fact is it DOESN'T Exist in QP. (And if it does its very rare to see teamwork and communication) .    My "balance' is the fact that if the cousenlors aren't capable of working together in QP lobbies, then don't make the game based on "working together and communication.. Duhhh..  Don't try to push a vision off onto people that is NOT impossible.  Yes it probably is in Private Match from the reports I told (I don't play it) bit it isn't in QP.  If you continue to push the teamwork communication thing in this game you're just going to continue to lost players and eventually the servers shut down. 

And yes I have every right to request more pocket knives if I "lonewolf it" 98 percent of the time since I know I will only be in a lobby maybe 2 percent of the time in QP where the team works together.   Im a regular lone wolf, human counselor against an OP Zombie Jason.  The LEAST you can give me is more pocket knives.  If you want things like limited weapons, pockets knives, thats more suitable for Private match game where people DO play together and on a veteran level.  I don't do that, so I deserve my pocket knives to make the game more balanced.    Once again... Logic and common sense.. 

And btw, how is QP the lowest common denominator?   More people play QP than they do PM.  If that wasn't the case you wouldn't have more veteran squads coming over to QP to find a lobby 

1 minute ago, DorianRo said:

Again...It doesn't matter if its "intended" the fact is it DOESN'T Exist in QP.    My "balance' is the fact that if the cousenlors aren't capable of working together in QP lobbies, then don't make the game based on "working together and communication.. Duhhh..  Don't try to push a vision off onto people that is NOT impossible.  Yes it probably is in Private Match from the reports I told (I don't play it) bit it isn't in QP.  If you continue to push the teamwork communication thing in this game you're just going to continue to lost players and eventually the servers shut down. 

I guess you're just gonna suck at life in that case. If you can't find a few friends to go into quickplay with, if you're unwilling to play private, if you're unwilling to communicate, or deal with others who are just as dead set at playing with zero planning, zero team work and zero willingness to change, you will either "git gud" or you'll die. 

As far as people ditching the game, people are going to quit playing much, much sooner if Jason's a clownish buffoon. You have up to six teammates to take on one guy playing alone. If you don't take advantage of that fact, I honestly don't give a fuck.

If the game sucks for you, adapt or move on.

Or don't do either and continue to be miserable. I don't care. 

5 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Again...It doesn't matter if its "intended" the fact is it DOESN'T Exist in QP. (And if it does its very rare to see teamwork and communication)

Considering QP is about 90% of my game time spent, I can safely say that is not true.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

I guess you're just gonna suck at life in that case. If you can't find a few friends to go into quickplay with, if you're unwilling to play private, if you're unwilling to communicate, or deal with others who are just as dead set at playing with zero planning, zero team work and zero willingness to change, you will either "git gud" or you'll die. 

As far as people ditching the game, people are going to quit playing much, much sooner if Jason's a clownish buffoon. You have up to six teammates to take on one guy playing alone. If you don't take advantage of that fact, I honestly don't give a fuck.

If the game is unbalanced and people think it sucks ( I don't actually.  It has a lot of potential under the proper leadership/development team.  Not this one though as they have proven then are only capable at the aesthetics sides of the game.  NOT the operational side which is subpar ) they will just turn it off (like they are currently doing) and there will be no reasons to keep the servers.  Which will probably happen in year or two's time if it keeps on the path it is. 

A good balance to the game and continued to improvement and add-ons no one will quit the game.  If its one sided designed to benefit one side, people will, 

I would seriously outsource the game for operational improvements under a different umbrella of more qualified people to keep the future of the game going.  If not, there is no future.  I give these developers their props for attention to detail and the aesthetic side of the game with kills, great Jason visuals, counselors etc.  As far as gameplay and balance  though, they have been complete ZEROS. 

11 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Again...It doesn't matter if its "intended" the fact is it DOESN'T Exist in QP. (And if it does its very rare to see teamwork and communication) .    My "balance' is the fact that if the cousenlors aren't capable of working together in QP lobbies, then don't make the game based on "working together and communication.. Duhhh..  Don't try to push a vision off onto people that is NOT impossible.  Yes it probably is in Private Match from the reports I told (I don't play it) bit it isn't in QP.  If you continue to push the teamwork communication thing in this game you're just going to continue to lost players and eventually the servers shut down. 

And yes I have every right to request more pocket knives if I "lonewolf it" 98 percent of the time since I know I will only be in a lobby maybe 2 percent of the time in QP where the team works together.   Im a regular lone wolf, human counselor against an OP Zombie Jason.  The LEAST you can give me is more pocket knives.  If you want things like limited weapons, pockets knives, thats more suitable for Private match game where people DO play together and on a veteran level.  I don't do that, so I deserve my pocket knives to make the game more balanced.    Once again... Logic and common sense.. 

And btw, how is QP the lowest common denominator?   More people play QP than they do PM.  If that wasn't the case you wouldn't have more veteran squads coming over to QP to find a lobby 

hahahahahahaha you don’t “deserve” pocket knives. pocket knives aren’t a get or die object in this game. QP is easy even if no one is pushing objectives. I lone wolf it most of the time i play Friday anymore and still survive more often than not. so yeah this is a “git gud” or die situation. you choose. 

5 minutes ago, Riot_Dame said:

hahahahahahaha you don’t “deserve” pocket knives. pocket knives aren’t a get or die object in this game. QP is easy even if no one is pushing objectives. I lone wolf it most of the time i play Friday anymore and still survive more often than not. so yeah this is a “git gud” or die situation. you choose. 

Oh really lets have a vote shall we...  We'll so how "easy" QP is if no one is pushing objectives against a competent Jason.  Again, If My team ain't working together and the Jason knows what he's doing, my team isn't gonna last long. 

Don't feed me your narrative.  Teams that don't work together on objective in QP are DEAD before the game even starts against a Jason that knows enough to trap the objectives and begin hunting at the beginning 

And I DO deserve pocket knives.  I don't work with the team Like I said.  I work alone.   Its not like theres a "team" anyways.  People generally are just doing their own thing in QP in this game 

9 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Almost missed this edit. You've made the request. Move on. It's getting old seeing every post being spam about how terrible you have it when Jason can kill you. I don't give a fuck if you lone wolf it. You're not good enough to do that, obviously. Adapt or die. 

You don't deserve shit. 

Quickplay is the lowest common denominator because people all go in expecting to be able to outdo Jason, often have no coordination, planning or skill. It's not hard for Jason to kill everybody if they are all hiding under the bed or running around like idiots not getting anything done. If Vanessa expects to run for 20 minutes she is going to die. Good lobbies use teamwork, know how and when to push objectives and even then won't always survive. If you want to live, get out while Jason is killing the other guy. 

6 minutes ago, R.J MacReady said:

Considering QP is about 90% of my game time spent, I can safely say that is not true.

I don't spend that much time in QP, but I've made my rounds. I often find people who use flashlight clicking or often lobbies with 2-3 mic users. We often coordinate on some level. More often than that I'm playing with at least one person I know, and we're trying to get out under everybody's nose. We succeed more often than not. Jason can kill the losers hiding under the bed or leaving doors open as they scramble for the elusive pocket knives.

3 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

If the game is unbalanced and people think it sucks ( I don't actually.  It has a lot of potential under the proper leadership/development team.  Not this one though as they have proven then are only capable at the aesthetics sides of the game.  NOT the operational side which is subpar ) they will just turn it off (like they are currently doing) and there will be no reasons to keep the servers.  Which will probably happen in year or two's time if it keeps on the path it is. 

A good balance to the game and continued to improvement and add-ons no one will quit the game.  If its one sided designed to benefit one side, people will 

The balance is good. You need to play as intended. Like it or not, QP is intended to be played the same way as private. Gun even acquiesced and made basic emotes so people unwilling to get on mic could communicate on a basic level. People were flashlight clicking even before that. 

I'm going to state again.  A Friday the 13th game where Jason is an incompetent stooge who can barely manage to kill a counselor or two is going to die much faster than anything else. If you are not smart enough to realize that, jokes on you. 

Oh really lets have a vote shall we...  We'll so how "easy" QP is if no one is pushing objectives against a competent Jason.  Again, If My team ain't working together and the Jason knows what he's doing, my team isn't gonna last long. 

Don't feed me your narrative.  Teams that don't work together on objective in QP are DEAD before the game even starts

no, not really. if i don’t get a pocket knife i won’t go after the phone so i don’t mess with his traps, i go after a car. get it fixed either have the keys, someone else starts it, or get them off a dead body and you leave. pick up other people or not it doesn’t matter (i do bc then the jason gets mad they can’t kill everyone on QP) but if you can’t survive in quick play, that’s on you. 

Most people in QP aren't gonna survive now.   Its not all on me either.  Its on the team I'm on. ROFLMAO.  And if it is "just on me"  than don't make the game 100 percent team based.  Wallahh.  If its all on me than give me the proper weapons I need to escape.    The developers have since forced this game into Mic work, communicating and coordinating, which just isn't working in QP.    But if we are forced to rely on clueless lobbies, don't put all the blame on one counselor 

26 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

This is the type of idiotic thinking that will just close the servers down.  Don't be an idiot.  The consumers rule things bud. 

2 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

This is the type of idiotic thinking that will just close the servers down.  Don't be an idiot.  The consumers rule things bud. 

You’re the only one thinking idiotically in here, bud. try again.

3 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

Derp. Derp derp. Derp. Derp derp derpity derp. Derp. 

Derp. 

3 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Derp. Derp derp. Derp. Derp derp derpity derp. Derp. 

Derp. 

Ok ignore it will you will have droves of people leaving the game.  You put your head in the sand to issues, don't get all pissy when people leave and close the servers down  due to their complaints falling on deaf ears.  I mean were HOW MANY MONTHS into this, and basic bugs/balance haven't even been fixed..

Maybe they ran out of money or whatever but they should have delayed the release of this game for a year after the fact until they got the most BASICS of gameplay fixed (and it still isn't fixed).  You can operate in dreamworld, I'll operate in REALITY 

Ok ignore it will you will have droves of people leaving the game.  You put your head in the sand to issues, don't get all pissy when people leave and close the servers down  due to their complaints falling on deaf ears.  I mean were HOW MANY MONTHS into this, and basic bugs/balance haven't even been fixed..

Bugs are apples. Pocket knife allocation is oranges. 

People may quit over bugs. Most won't because they die in a game based on a slasher film series, when the alternative is making said slasher Shemp of the Three Stooges. 

Also, derp. 

the only thing I hate about the new patch is the removal of weapons, we only have a lot of stupid useless pipes

2 minutes ago, Risinggrave said:

Bugs are apples. Pocket knife allocation is oranges. 

People may quit over bugs. Most won't because they die in a game based on a slasher film series, when the alternative is making said slasher Shemp of the Three Stooges. 

Also, derp. 

Why would you want to anyone to quit and potentially having the servers shut down if you're enjoying the game from a personal perspective?