Jump to content
DarkWolf7798

Counselors committing suicide

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

I love watching the poor little things kill themselves. Bless their little hearts.

Due to the nature of trolls in this game, I keep some popcorn nearby. It's for when I see back to back suicides in the same match.

1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Are you saying they're intentionally doing it because they're TRYING to come back as Tommy?

I find this to be the case sometimes. They want better stats so they can be of more use in the match. I've also seen trolls commit suicide, come back as Tommy, and commit suicide again.

57 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Therefore, YOU (the player) as Jason should get the kill credit for suicides.

I'm on the fence about this. Rather than full credit, I feel a suicide should be half the XP awarded to Jason. Jason technically didn't kill the counselor, so he shouldn't get full credit. Think of it like a math problem on a test. You may get the question wrong, but you can still get partial credit for the attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'm on the fence about this. Rather than full credit, I feel a suicide should be half the XP awarded to Jason. Jason technically didn't kill the counselor, so he shouldn't get full credit. Think of it like a math problem on a test. You may get the question wrong, but you can still get partial credit for the attempt.

While I see the logic in this, I also see the exploits.

Giving Jason half credit would still fuel trolls to off themselves rather than let Jason have the satisfaction of a full XP kill.

Give Jason full credit for suicides, you hurt no one -- and trolls lose their motivation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Giving Jason half credit would still fuel trolls to off themselves rather than let Jason have the satisfaction of a full XP kill.

I'll stop butting in after this, but I have to say I've only seen suicides a handful of times in around 1200 matches. I don't really see that as much of a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Truth said:

I'll stop butting in after this, but I have to say I've only seen suicides a handful of times in around 1200 matches. I don't really see that as much of a problem.

Here is how prominent it is:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/16019-fix-suicide-it-is-being-abuse/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

 still get the no survivors bonus, dumb asses...

If everyone's dead and there is no chance of survival I usually do it after giving Jason the run around and smacking him about and trapping him a bit. Its not about being a pussy or taking away points, but taking away the gratification of the kill. Its just a sore loser bonus and very unsportsmanlike, but in the heat of the moment they're trying to kill me and I don't care what they want or think.

Besides, they wouldn't have included the death name as 'suicide' on the players list if it wasn't intentionally put in the game as a player's choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cokeyskunk said:

While I see the logic in this, I also see the exploits.

Giving Jason half credit would still fuel trolls to off themselves rather than let Jason have the satisfaction of a full XP kill.

Give Jason full credit for suicides, you hurt no one -- and trolls lose their motivation.

Half XP is better than no XP. While giving Jason full for a suicide might demotivate trolls in one sense, it will motivate them in another sense to find some other way to piss you off. That's trolls for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone killing themselves isn't what pisses me off, it's the fact they wasted my time when i could of gone after someone else, not to mention some of the more immature people who feel the need to insult me over the mic right before they do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 6:29 AM, DarkWolf7798 said:

I'm confused on the whole window situation in relation to committing suicide,  are you still able to kill yourself by climbing through broken windows or does it just deal damage until you're in a limping state?

On another note, I'm tired of people being pussies and killing themselves when I'm Jason...  i still get the no survivors bonus, dumb asses...

As long as they are dead i can care less. They wont be able to do anything useful if they are dead...Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It always cracks me up when a counselor goes limp and slides out of the window, and you can see Jason grasping at thin air and swinging his weapon at the wall in frustration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DarkWolf7798 said:

Someone killing themselves isn't what pisses me off, it's the fact they wasted my time when i could of gone after someone else, not to mention some of the more immature people who feel the need to insult me over the mic right before they do it.

One does not need to be "immature" to be an asshole.

Hell, I manage to accomplish the latter on a daily basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

One does not need to be "immature" to be an asshole.

Hell, I manage to accomplish the latter on a daily basis.

If mature means you never have any fun, then you can take mature and burn that too. If you ever need a stick, look to a mature persons ass, they usually got one up there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 1:29 AM, DarkWolf7798 said:

I'm confused on the whole window situation in relation to committing suicide,  are you still able to kill yourself by climbing through broken windows or does it just deal damage until you're in a limping state?

On another note, I'm tired of people being pussies and killing themselves when I'm Jason...  i still get the no survivors bonus, dumb asses...

I only commit Suicide, so that I call back as Tommy. Cause if one players disconnects the second player is gutranteed coming back as TJ. But most of the time I just let Jason, kill me instead so that I come back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I like the idea of taking Tommy away from the suiciders. 
   I have seen quite a few people doing it on purpose. A penalty though..... I don't know about that.... I have also seen many suicides happen while Jason is chasing the counselor and he / she jumps through a broken window and dies simply because of lack of choice to get away. But, then again.......accidentally hitting someone with a car still gives a penalty (kind of hard to mitigate anyway)
   Still..... I am not opposed to a penalty being applied to suicides.
   Any suicide should still count as a kill for Jason either way. One simple reason for this.... the counselor never would have committed suicide through a broken window in the first place without the psychotic zombie slasher chasing them and their fellow counselors with the intent to kill. Who broke the window in the first place is irrelevant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've used suicides to troll try-hard Jasons.  Nothings more satisfying than hearing their rage when they break down one of the bedroom doors in Higgins Haven, only to watch the counselor drop out of the window out of their reach.

J: "Ha, way to go, idiot!"*Morphs outside* OH THAT'S BULLSHIT!"

 

It's also a running joke with my British friend, because I find it absolutely hilarious when he breaks down the door, sees me going out the window and hearing Jason say in a very British Accent while running to the window "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no....blast!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On March 1, 2018 at 9:24 AM, FunMonster said:

If everyone's dead and there is no chance of survival I usually do it after giving Jason the run around and smacking him about and trapping him a bit. Its not about being a pussy or taking away points, but taking away the gratification of the kill. Its just a sore loser bonus and very unsportsmanlike, but in the heat of the moment they're trying to kill me and I don't care what they want or think.

Besides, they wouldn't have included the death name as 'suicide' on the players list if it wasn't intentionally put in the game as a player's choice.

Just kidding but that's a little sad... still, the game allows it so you're not doing anything wrong. I have nothing against suiciding other than those that do it specifically to come back as Tommy.

12 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

I've used suicides to troll try-hard Jasons.  Nothings more satisfying than hearing their rage when they break down one of the bedroom doors in Higgins Haven, only to watch the counselor drop out of the window out of their reach.

J: "Ha, way to go, idiot!"*Morphs outside* OH THAT'S BULLSHIT!"

 

It's also a running joke with my British friend, because I find it absolutely hilarious when he breaks down the door, sees me going out the window and hearing Jason say in a very British Accent while running to the window "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no....blast!"

Disappointed to find out you actively troll. :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

 

Disappointed to find out you actively troll. :/

You misunderstood. Just troll/try hard people I dislike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i remember a game where harbinger, bean, and i all killed ourselves beginning of the game bc the person who was chosen as jason was trying to team kill us in the game before or something of the sorts. other than that suicide is a pussy death and i’d rather run jason around and play the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

It's also a running joke with my British friend, because I find it absolutely hilarious when he breaks down the door, sees me going out the window and hearing Jason say in a very British Accent while running to the window "No-no-no-no-no-no-no-no....blast!"

Killerz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 11:20 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

While I see the logic in this, I also see the exploits.

Giving Jason half credit would still fuel trolls to off themselves rather than let Jason have the satisfaction of a full XP kill.

Give Jason full credit for suicides, you hurt no one -- and trolls lose their motivation.

Agreed, which is why full credit should be given, it hurts the trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been a backer since before release and player of this game since day 1 and it seems like there will always be an exploit the trolls will use no matter how many bugs are fixed (or then reversed?? ie: the roof on Packanack is now fair game again WTF!).

I took 4 months off when the devs announced no more updates because I was really sad no more maps were being created and now that I've re-joined recently, all the good players who like to make parties and teams and actually play and compete are pretty much gone - it's all n00bz and trolls, which SHOULD be ok since I'm pretty good at the game by now.

But for the devs to cease any updates except "bugs/quality of life gameplay" and still allow trolls to commit suicide WITHOUT JASON'S HELP, LESS THAN A MINUTE INTO THE MATCH, is total bullshit. Do the salt mines even work? Why isn't Jason getting the kill if it's someone obviously trolling and avoiding being chased by a 150 Jason?

Man, I thought I could tolerate playing this game without my old crew of real counselors to play with, but the amount of people who quit before Jason can finish performing the kill, or who commit suicide before the Jason even gets his sense ability, is staggering and totally ruining the game.
DEVS - - PLEASE FIX THE OLD GLITCHES AND ENFORCE SALT MINES FOR THE TROLLS!

if you like to play with real players, who love the franchise and competition, HMU on PS4: inkystains

peace to all the real counselors at the camp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2018 at 10:24 AM, Cokeyskunk said:

Yes, all the time. Stepping in a counselor-laid bear trap will not kill you alone. You must also be additionally hurt by:

  • JASON's slashing
  • Being hit by one of JASON's knives
  • Climbing through a broken window (smashed by JASON)
  • Stepping in one of JASON's traps

Now, I admit -- one could be hurt AGAIN by stepping in yet ANOTHER trap or falling out of a high window, but that would be the extreme minority of cases. Almost all suicides also involve some form of what I described above.

As I mentioned, almost 100% of suicides are perpetuated by JASON in some form.

So yes, he should get the credit.

1: Counselors can break windows by jumping through them, then suicide by climbing in and out of them.

2: Counselors can suicide by placing a bear-trap and stepping in it, then resetting it and doing it again.

3: Additionally, a counselor could crash through a few closed, unbroken (until then) windows, then step in their own trap.

4: Counselors can simply stand in front of a vehicle and be hit and killed by a driver who is NOT fleeing from Jason at the moment (I.E. team-killing assholes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I only willingly die when I'm out of options (ie, limping with no health spray or weapon and Jason in hot pursuit). If the Jason is respectful/skilled I'll dance in front of him and tell him to have fun with his kill. If he's an asshole (non-stop slashing or verbal abuse) I'll try for a suicide. It's a lot easier to irritate a troll Jason than a troll counselor in this game. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...