DarkWolf7798

Counselors committing suicide

I'm confused on the whole window situation in relation to committing suicide,  are you still able to kill yourself by climbing through broken windows or does it just deal damage until you're in a limping state?

On another note, I'm tired of people being pussies and killing themselves when I'm Jason...  i still get the no survivors bonus, dumb asses...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Y'know... it is kinda funny now that you mention it.

I guess suicide isn't that big a deal, but what REALLY pisses me off is when people leave as I'm about to kill them

The only think I hate about the people willing to kill themselves is the wasted time investment. Now sure you just let them limp about or whatever once theyre at that state but you never know if theyll find a heal spray somewhere down the line. Hopefully noone wastes time in the sense that they hear an objective and still chase the person. I just get more frustrated at losing my knives than my kills :lol:

I think they need to rework broken windows.

If Jason breaks the window and counselor dies from the window, Jason should be awarded 20 - 50 XP. He does not get the kill but he did assist towards it. Like when he traps a counselor he gets a pop up saying assisted kill or something.

If Jason does not smash the window it is just a simple suicide. I would like to find away to add a penalty to it as people do it 5 seconds into the game to try and spawn as Tommy. They do not contribute to the match at all. Or make it so Suicide voids you from being Tommy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BTHRZeroX said:

Or make it so Suicide voids you from being Tommy.

This really needs to happen, i've seen too many people instantly kill themselves on broken windows then get chosen as Tommy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I don't come across that many suicide's maybe one every 10 games or so.

1 hour ago, BTHRZeroX said:

If Jason breaks the window and counselor dies from the window, Jason should be awarded 20 - 50 XP.

Yeah agree

and if the person just kills themselves they shouldn't come back as Tommy and they should lose XP  

39 minutes ago, VoorheesPlease said:

This really needs to happen, i've seen too many people instantly kill themselves on broken windows then get chosen as Tommy.

Are you saying they're intentionally doing it because they're TRYING to come back as Tommy?

5 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Are you saying they're intentionally doing it because they're TRYING to come back as Tommy?

Some people do.

Window mechanics should not be changed- harsh penalties need to be added for suicide.  Players will just find other ways to kill themselves (counselor traps, jumping from 2 story window, running in front of the car).

Even penalties won't completely eliminate suicide.  The times I committed suicide were to deny big mouthed asshole Jason's the satisfaction of killing me.  I would kill myself early on, when I am alone.   I can see penalties not deterring me from doing that in the future- not even a "give Jason the kill/credit" penalty.  I could care less about not being Tommy, and what's XP to someone who is max level?   The whole point is for me not to die at the hands of some toxic jerk. 

Now those who intentionally window kill themselves while Jason is hot on their heels, I have to say that's doing a little too much and being a bad sport.  

Just now, Truth said:

Some people do.

. . . then some people are dumb. 

A. The selection is random. Yes, it does seem more prevalent for the SECOND person who dies/escapes to be selected, but that is far from a guarantee. I am certain those trying this will end up disappointed more often than not and just spectating the rest of the game.

B. Why would you give up extra XP like that? A GREAT counselor can usually escape within minutes. If you can, you have pretty much just as good a chance of coming back as Tommy. I'm all for those who start the round, immediately call Tommy Jarvis, quickly bring the battery/propeller and gas to the 2-seater or boat and jet out of there -- THEN coming back as Tommy. 

But just saying, "Ooh, here's a broken window! In. Out. In. Out. In. Out. Dead! Okay, please pick ME as Tommy, game!" is beyond ridiculous. 

I don't really mind players committing suicide, it doesn't affect me. In all honesty, it makes my job as Jason a lot easier.

What I do hate is the fact that the Jason player doesn't get any XP for suicides. So they essentially wasted time in tunnelling that counselor. When they could've been protecting the objectives.

22 minutes ago, Freddie Mercury said:

I don't really mind players committing suicide, it doesn't affect me. In all honesty, it makes my job as Jason a lot easier.

What I do hate is the fact that the Jason player doesn't get any XP for suicides. So they essentially wasted time in tunnelling that counselor. When they could've been protecting the objectives.

Agree. These counselors who "committed suicide" aren't dead because they just decided they didn't want to live anymore. They committed suicide BECAUSE OF JASON. Because of YOU (the player) as Jason.

Therefore, YOU (the player) as Jason should get the kill credit for suicides.

@ShiftySamurai - what's the devs' official stance on why Jason currently doesn't get credit for counselor suicides (even though he drove them to it)? At worst, it's a terrible way for someone to troll by denying Jason's kill XP.  Has the subject been discussed internally that you can talk about?

• Like 2

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

Agree. These counselors who "committed suicide" aren't dead because they just decided they didn't want to live anymore. They committed suicide BECAUSE OF JASON. Because of YOU (the player) as Jason.

Not always. I've seen people do it when Jason is nowhere near them. I've also had it happen to me. I left someone by the car to stop someone fixing the fuse and like 15 seconds later he killed himself. I had already left though so realistically I had nothing to do with it. He was just a shitty player.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get xp, just that he's not always directly responsible for it.

3 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

They committed suicide BECAUSE OF JASON. Because of YOU (the player) as Jason.

Not all the time. It's happened to me a handful of times just because I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and stepped into a counselors trap or went through a broken window without thinking.

Do bear traps from a counselor even count as a suicide? I don't actually know. Few times it's happened I don't really pay attention to the cause of my death because it doesn't accurately say "Being dumb"

11 minutes ago, Truth said:

Not always. I've seen people do it when Jason is nowhere near them. I've also had it happen to me. I left someone by the car to stop someone fixing the fuse and like 15 seconds later he killed himself. I had already left though so realistically I had nothing to do with it. He was just a shitty player.

I'm not saying he shouldn't get xp, just that he's not always directly responsible for it.

Yes, always. Even the ridiculous players who constantly crawl in and out of broken windows in an effort to come back as Tommy.

Why? JASON likely smashed that window. If not, it was smashed by a counselor evading JASON.

Almost 100% of the time, those who died "by suicide" died because they were hurt repeatedly by Jason and then crawled through a window (or windows) Jason broke. How can that NOT be attributed to Jason?   

1 minute ago, MRWood204 said:

Do bear traps from a counselor even count as a suicide? I don't actually know. Few times it's happened I don't really pay attention to the cause of my death because it doesn't accurately say "Being dumb"

Yeah I think so if they set the trap not another counselor

2 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Not all the time. It's happened to me a handful of times just because I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and stepped into a counselors trap or went through a broken window without thinking.

Yes, all the time. Stepping in a counselor-laid bear trap will not kill you alone. You must also be additionally hurt by:

• JASON's slashing
  • Being hit by one of JASON's knives
  • Climbing through a broken window (smashed by JASON)
  • Stepping in one of JASON's traps

Now, I admit -- one could be hurt AGAIN by stepping in yet ANOTHER trap or falling out of a high window, but that would be the extreme minority of cases. Almost all suicides also involve some form of what I described above.

As I mentioned, almost 100% of suicides are perpetuated by JASON in some form.

So yes, he should get the credit.

4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Yes, always. Even the ridiculous players who constantly crawl in and out of broken windows in an effort to come back as Tommy.

Why? JASON smashed that window.

Almost 100% of the time, those who died "by suicide" died because they were hurt repeatedly by Jason and then crawled through a window (or windows) Jason broke. How can that NOT be attributed to Jason?   

Maybe they jumped through a closed window?

You're right, most of the time Jason contributed to it. But not always.

1 minute ago, Truth said:

Maybe they jumped through a closed window?

True. I realized that a minute ago and edited to reflect. But AGAIN, if the window is smashed by a diving counselor, why did they dive through it? 

. . . to evade JASON.

Seeing a pattern forming?  :D

1 minute ago, Cokeyskunk said:

True. I realized that a minute ago and edited to reflect. But AGAIN, if the window is smashed by a diving counselor, why did they dive through it? 

. . . to evade JASON.

Seeing a pattern forming?  :D

Because they want the "windows 99" achievement of course. Why else?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

As I mentioned, almost 100% of suicides are perpetuated by JASON in some form.

So.......not ALL the time right? lol

Just now, MRWood204 said:

Sorry @Cokeyskunk, but you have to admit defeat on the "100%" thing. We can call it 99% if you want though.

Just realized this discussion confirms pretty much everything that's been said about me in that "forum user titles" thread.

3 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Just now, Truth said:

Sorry @Cokeyskunk, but you have to admit defeat on the "100%" thing. We can call it 99% if you want though.

Just realized this discussion confirms pretty much everything that's been said about me in that "forum user titles" thread.

I will accept "99% of the time" if you both will accept that that percentage is sufficiently high to award suicide kills to the Big Man.  :D

Just now, Cokeyskunk said:

I will accept "99% of the time" if you both will accept that that percentage is sufficiently high to award suicide kills to the Big Man.  :D

I already said that lol

30 minutes ago, Truth said: