So a while ago Gun stated that they were removing Retro Jason and tweak him, such as new music for Jason and the counselor if you played Retro Jason and that they were going to make him his own stand-alone character. Is that still going to happen or is has it been scrapped? It’d be cool to have Retro Jason with his own strengths/weaknesses besides being a simple reskin of Part 3.

5 minutes ago, Komatose1313 said:

Some things fall by the wayside for much more pressing matters, I have a feeling that this was one of them.

As long as they don't remove P3 Retro from the lineup, it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Love me some Retro J3.

• Like 2

I am a big fan of NES / Retro Jason. I rotate him out of my mains when I wanna spice things up. I do wish he was set apart from the others with his own set of characteristics, but I am glad he is there. I hope they give him the time of day when they get every thing else squared away. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

As long as they don't remove P3 Retro from the lineup, it's all good as far as I'm concerned.

Love me some Retro J3.

I've been wondering about this also, but I have to agree with Bropollocreed79. Some don't like retro Jason, but I love the retro vibe he gives off with the music and his appearance. To me, he's a good change of pace from the usual Jasons. Heck, I'll just go ahead and say it, I think he adds a little charm to the game too.

• Like 3

My biggest gripe with that Jason is his chiptune music. If they made it so it only played once per each counselor chase without looping, I'd probably have a better opinion of him.

41 minutes ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

So a while ago Gun stated that they were removing Retro Jason and tweak him, such as new music for Jason and the counselor if you played Retro Jason and that they were going to make him his own stand-alone character. Is that still going to happen or is has it been scrapped? It’d be cool to have Retro Jason with his own strengths/weaknesses besides being a simple reskin of Part 3.

Please, please. 

For the love of all that is holy.

SEARCH before starting a new thread.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/13811-are-there-still-plans-to-upgrade-retro-jason/

giphy.gif

Honestly, after seeing some of the retro reskins of other Jason models I've seen posted, I'd love to see a retro version of each separate Jason.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Honestly, after seeing some of the retro reskins of other Jason models I've seen posted, I'd love to see a retro version of each separate Jason.

lol No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

My biggest gripe with that Jason is his chiptune music.

Same here. All I can remember in the days leading up to RJ's release was the talk about how awesome that soundtrack was and how much justice it does the old NES game. Then, I heard it and was like WTF? Sounds nothing like it. I think the people claiming that probably hadn't actually played it for 20+ years.

I have been waiting on Retro Jason to be his own character for a long time, but they have said nothing about it.

19 hours ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

Love me some Retro J3.

Agree 100%. There are people who like to play P3 Retro, so removing him completely would be a bad idea.