Sign in to follow this  
FunMonster

Alter the game or leave alone?

Alter the game or leave it alone?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Alter the game or leave it alone?

• Make alterations
    • Keep everything the same

Seems a lot of threads in the suggestion forums are met with fairly heavy opinions, most of which, I feel, point to a strong desire to keep things the same.

Do you think any of the games core mechanics should be changed? If so, what would you like to see changed?

If I vote to keep it the same it almost feels like i"m voting that the game is perfect, it needs no work . I dont feel like that is the case necessarily. IF I were to vote to make alterations, I kind of feel like that is a vote to make drastic changes which I would consider unnecessary.

The game is in  a good place right now in my opinion, Sure there should be some tweaks and small alterations done, but currently I see this game being the closest it its original vision than at any other point that I've played since the first week of June.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Alterations to a degree. Nothing huge and drastic, but little tweaks and extra layers to what's already there.

This sums it up for me as well.

Yeah I agree. Not losing anything at least, mainly additions. I know people are still complaining about the grab range and stunning, but I think these issues are mostly down to varying internet speeds and gang play, which are really unavoidable. Hopefully dedicated servers might make it less glitchy and there's nothing to be done about piñata Jason, except constantly using the combat blocking.

I've only been playing since October, and apart from the Law of Unintended Consequences striking when patches have gone live, all the changes I've seen have been positive, including announced changes, like the update to the Grab animation.

Keep tinkering.  This isn't George Lucas ruining my childhood by using an iPad to enhance the Original Trilogy, it's hard working developers trying to give us the best experience possible.

• Like 1

The combat mechanic definitely needs to be changed.  It's way too clunky for both Jason and counselors.  Get rid of combat stance for starters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sweenmasheen said:

If I vote to keep it the same it almost feels like i"m voting that the game is perfect, it needs no work . I dont feel like that is the case necessarily. IF I were to vote to make alterations, I kind of feel like that is a vote to make drastic changes which I would consider unnecessary.

The game is in  a good place right now in my opinion, Sure there should be some tweaks and small alterations done, but currently I see this game being the closest it its original vision than at any other point that I've played since the first week of June.

This sums it up for me as well.

Completely agree with this.

• Like 1

1. Dedicated servers for consoles.

2. Bug fixes. The car teleporting you back to the driver seat after you get out and run away every time. Instant death. I hate the car now ?.

3. Increase performance inside cabins, reduce lag, etc.

4. Remove auto lock on for combat stance with counselors. Jason is breaking the door. I try to lock on to hit through the door and lock on to other counselors right next to me. Ruins combat stance 24/7.

5. Combat needs to be smoother for counselors and Jason inside cabins and outside. New attack animations. Stop ending the the swing on the 1st thing you accidentally hit. Combat is a clunky mess right now and clicking down the right control stick to enter combat stance does not feel smooth. I have recorded Jason swinging and missing a Chad bot on easy mode like he was a mentally handicapped grown man that drank too much liquor. The combat issues really shine bright every match.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

clicking down the right control stick to enter combat stance does not feel smooth

I'm sure this has been brought up in other threads, but why don't they just remap it to the left trigger? Wouldn't that be easier?

• Like 1

1. Yea Dedicated servers a must

2. Combat stance shouldn't exist.  Its a mess especially after having to click down on a right analogue stick

3. More Pocket knives for counselors in QP.  Private match its fine since teammates work together.  

4. Faster Stamina replenishment for those of us who decide to lone-wold and not rely on other teammates in QP. Especially with repair counselors.  

5.  A complete OVERHAUL of the QP system in terms of allowing Lone-wolf counselors to escape easier (For all the guff people give the Last patch, you didn't have to rely on rookies or idiots to escape.  And there will always be rookies and idiots.) .  Since regardless of everyone's hopes and dreams, QP will NEVER be balanced and no one will EVER be on the same coordinated page as they are in Private Matches.  Hasn't happened yet, and will never happen.  So make life easier on veterans who play QP. .   An OP Jason is fine,   only if you have a coordinated team working together on objectives.   This just isn't practical in QP however. 

15 minutes ago, Truth said:

I'm sure this has been brought up in other threads, but why don't they just remap it to the left trigger? Wouldn't that be easier?

Yep I started a thread on that, using R1 (which does nothing on its own) as a quick one shot block for Jason

Just now, FunMonster said:

Yep I started a thread on that, using R1 (which does nothing on its own) as a quick one shot block for Jason

I knew there was a thread, but I never read it. I assumed the idea was already mentioned so I didn't bother. Makes sense to me though.

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

I knew there was a thread, but I never read it. I assumed the idea was already mentioned so I didn't bother. Makes sense to me though.

Yeah I'm fairly invisible on here. The big dogs usually come and piss all over my posts claiming them for themselves before they get a chance to get going.

26 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

The big dogs usually come and piss all over my posts claiming them for themselves before they get a chance to get going.

Even the biggest dogs still get their balls cut off by responsible owners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's hard to say if only "minor" changes are needed because whether or not someone considers a change big or minor can vary.

Stealth definitely needs QOL changes. It's not terribad, but it becomes worthless once Jason's sense detection radius has increased over the course of the game. Simple fixes could be faster movement speed while crouching (wouldn't really be a noticeable buff, but it makes sense) as well as QTEs associated with the stat. I've been think of some ideas, but that's for another thread.

Strength needs more utility purposes. As of now, its only purpose is to demask Jason as well as try to "stun" him by doing a crapload of damage that makes him fall down, but that raises his Rage quickly which therefore makes it suck compared to normal stunning Jason. I have a thread a while ago that implemented Strength QTEs, but in general its something that many members have asked for in the past.

Finally, combat stance either needs to be improved (there's still a few bugs in regards to Jason's CS) or removed. It's definitely useful, but it has weird problems like counselors not locking onto Jason when there's other counselors around. Combat in general needs to be looked at, although there's all kinds of ways it could be changed that everyone doesn't seem to be on the same page about.

53 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Didn't vote - question is too ambiguous.

Its fairly simple. Do you want to see changes to the game (not including dlc of course) or should they just leave it as it is?

9 minutes ago, FunMonster said:

Its fairly simple. Do you want to see changes to the game (not including dlc of course) or should they just leave it as it is?

But the question is too open ended to really understand what you mean. Plus, considering it is a digital game, there's always going to be changes happening to it, so I feel the question is analogous to asking "should summer come after spring?"  It's inevitable that there will be changes made to the game.

Had you suggested specific changes, my answer would be different.

8 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

But the question is too open ended to really understand what you mean. Plus, considering it is a digital game, there's always going to be changes happening to it, so I feel the question is analogous to asking "should summer come after spring?"  It's inevitable that there will be changes made to the game.

Had you suggested specific changes, my answer would be different.

Had I suggested specific changes every one just have told me where to shove them. The whole point was to get others talking about stuff, not plaster my opinion on a thread that everyone would just hate on anyway. 

8 hours ago, FunMonster said:

Do you think any of the games core mechanics should be changed? If so, what would you like to see changed?

Didn't you read it?

15 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

But the question is too open ended to really understand what you mean.

8 hours ago, FunMonster said:

What's hard to understand? :huh: