Since I completed Virtual Cabin 2.0, I’ve been curious as to how the map will work (Since, y’know, you can’t simply drive an old car into space). I made this post to see if I’ve missed anything, and I’m curious to see others’ theories. At first, I though it would strictly be for Paranoia, but that’s obviously not the case now that it’s been delayed/canceled. I’m pretty certain that it’ll be a entirely different gamemode, because I’ve lost confidence that Friday would redesign everything for a map, especially after seeing Roy. But hey, that’s just my speculation. It’d be great if you told me your speculation!

The car/boat- lifeboats

And the cops will just be a rescued ship

On February 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM, NORMAL COAT said:

(Since, y’know, you can’t simply drive a super old car into space). 

Say that to Elon Musk. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Say that to Elon Musk. 

Well, he missed. So you can, just not accurately.

You might get off the ship and away from Jason, but you're more than likely just going to float around until you die. Still better than being brutally murdered I guess...

My speculation: Illfonic finally introduces the first F13 typically weed field (on the holodeck of Grendel) to the game.

Before starting the car, counselors will have to search the keys hidden in the weed, afterwards they just drive out into space ?

6 hours ago, BlitzBoy526 said:

Say that to Elon Musk. 

I think that counts more as shooting a car into space instead of driving one ?...

21 hours ago, Wolledc said:

My speculation: Illfonic finally introduces the first F13 typically weed field (on the holodeck of Grendel) to the game.

Before starting the car, counselors will have to search the keys hidden in the weed, afterwards they just drive out into space ?

It's a pity because I thought they will create new ways to escape on this map, but maybe you're right.

I've seen the data-mined videos & I think maybe they have the Grendel ship landed or crashed on the Crystal lake grounds? That way you can go on the ship or go back out to the regular maps & it's not in space at all.  

• Like 1

That is not what I wanted to hear, no offence I hope that's not the case. Also again with no offence meant, please don't post about that here, some of us want to be surprised, and the amount of bad speculation that comes out of data mined videos is horrible. Drop a hint, and share with a DM in the future, thanks.

1 hour ago, Miss AJ said:

I've seen the data-mined videos & I think maybe they have the Grendel ship landed or crashed on the Crystal lake grounds? That way you can go on the ship or go back out to the regular maps & it's not in space at all.  

Datamined or not, that actually sounds plausible. That wouldn’t actually require the developers to change as many textures and mechanics. If you wouldn’t mind, could you send me the link to the videos?

It being crashed on earth would make a lot of sense from a development perspective, actually. I never even considered that.

EDIT: I think the map in the video is just a fake modded map though.

The biggest problem with it being crashed on Earth is: Why aren’t the police already there? Being serious now, (No, I haven’t watched the vid) what else could they do? It would pretty much have to be a game mode if not that. Also, if there’s pajamas in that vid than it might be correct. There was a video a while ago with special kills (some of which were seen in the SP challenges teaser, confirming at least some legitimacy) and pajamas. That, or the person included it to make the Grendel “data mine” look real. I’m probably not gonna watch the video though, because if it’s true I want to seemit first in-game.

I hope the pajamas are coming, I'm ready to send my money over to Illphonic now!  Same with the Violet dance or Running man emotes I saw in those data mined videos, Omg I NEED those. 

Think it's a good chance because the footage included what the single player kills look like in Gun medias teaser.