Thatguyinktown

Camp Crystal Lake Memories Oral History - Worth a purchase?

As a fan of both the film series and brutally honest oral histories (The SNL oral history is particularly good for gossip and backbiting) is the oral history for F13 any good? 

18 hours ago, Thatguyinktown said:

As a fan of both the film series and brutally honest oral histories (The SNL oral history is particularly good for gossip and backbiting) is the oral history for F13 any good? 

i have both the book and the dvd of Crystal Lake Memories.Both are awesome.The book doesn't cover the remake,as the book came out a few years before the remake.The dvd does cover the remake,however.The dvd is also available on bluray.

• Like 1

Watching it on YouTube now.

Still can't believe narrator Corey Feldman pronounced Ginny's name like, "Guinea."  ?

6 hours ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Watching it on YouTube now.

Still can't believe narrator Corey Feldman pronounced Ginny's name like, "Guinea."  ?

Hey, he was passed around movie producers like the neighborhood bicycle growing up, be Nice!:P

I've got the book (upgraded to the deluxe version this year as it was cheap in Forbidden Planet) and the dvd. 

If you're a fan of the series both are a must have!  Its probably the best making of documentary I've ever seen on a film series. The dvd is incredibly in-depth, and long ... its like 8 hours or something crazy. The deluxe book is lovely to, superb photos and a great read as well.

I own both, definitely worth reading and watching as a Friday the 13th fan. (It was also the only information I could find on Roy's coveralls color controversy, the interview with Dick Wieand specifically mentions him wearing a green jumpsuit.) 

6 hours ago, Pazuzu said:

I own both, definitely worth reading and watching as a Friday the 13th fan. (It was also the only information I could find on Roy's coveralls color controversy, the interview with Dick Wieand specifically mentions him wearing a green jumpsuit.) 

Is the doc or book better?

11 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Is the doc or book better?

I probably prefer the book, mainly due to the many behind the scenes and other production photos. I only had a chance to watch the documentary once, but it is two blu day discs of material. I feel like the wealth of information was just easier for me to ingest in book format.