uberXJoshua

My daughter loves f13 game and movies and asked for this birthday cake.....

I shared this on Reddit as well, If anyone calls my parenting into question I understand but first off let me say that my daughter has always loved scary stuff especially Jason and Chucky, she asked santa for all the Chucky movies when she was 4, that was an awkward moment with a mall santa lol. I wouldn't allow any of this but she knows the difference between fantasy and reality and loves special effects, she wants to be a special effects makeup artist when she grows up, she even knows of Tom savini. Plus I've gotten good at skipping certain adult moments in these movies when watching with her. Anyways for her 8th birthday she asked for a sackhead Jason cake that had the shack and Pamela head from the game on it we play together all the time, here is the cake I got made for her she loved it!!.....I have to share the imgur links cuz forum says files are too big

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/8HvSNoC

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/Bj5p8dJ

• Like 2

Lol, I caught my daughter at 5 watching saw 4! She had actually taken out the blues clues disc I put in for her while I was washing dishes. "Blues clues is stupid dad, I wanna watch this!" While I could not argue the logic of that statement. I had to say no, because that movie was unedited. We started watching make up effects stuff on you tube and I let her watch some stuff edited for tv, Friday the 13th, Halloween and Child's play are her favs still. She's now 13 and just as much of a horror fanatic as me, if not more! She idolizes Savini as well, and Rick Baker. She wants to do FX, and understands it's just movies. Best I can say is keep doing what you're doing, be there with her and talk about it. And certain movies are off limits to mine until She's 17, mostly cannibalistic or exploitive sexual crap. That's my advice, sounds like you have a good kid there!

15 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Lol, I caught my daughter at 5 watching saw 4! She had actually taken out the blues clues disc I put in for her while I was washing dishes. "Blues clues is stupid dad, I wanna watch this!" While I could not argue the logic of that statement. I had to say no, because that movie was unedited. We started watching make up effects stuff on you tube and I let her watch some stuff edited for tv, Friday the 13th, Halloween and Child's play are her favs still. She's now 13 and just as much of a horror fanatic as me, if not more! She idolizes Savini as well, and Rick Baker. She wants to do FX, and understands it's just movies. Best I can say is keep doing what you're doing, be there with her and talk about it. And certain movies are off limits to mine until She's 17, mostly cannibalistic or exploitive sexual crap. That's my advice, sounds like you have a good kid there!

Oh yeah extreme stuff is off limits but I'm always watching stuff with her and I'm on top of controlling what she sees, sounds like you got yourself an awesome kid to, maybe one day they'll be working on the same movie doing makeup and f/x. My girl loves  a show called face off it's a special effects makeup reality contest show we are streaming it, I bet you and your kiddo would enjoy it!

15 hours ago, Snagg19821982 said:

Do you know when the new update is coming out

Most of us are speculating Friday April 13th or soon after

4 minutes ago, uberXJoshua said:

Oh yeah extreme stuff is off limits but I'm always watching stuff with her and I'm on top of controlling what she sees, sounds like you got yourself an awesome kid to, maybe one day they'll be working on the same movie doing makeup and f/x. My girl loves  a show called face off it's a special effects makeup reality contest show we are streaming it, I bet you and your kiddo would enjoy it!

Yup, we watched some episodes. Very cool, we go to conventions too. THAT'S FUN! We met CJ Graham (part 6J) and Malcom McDowell last year. When she met Danielle Harris (Jamie from part 4,5 Halloween) my daughter was SO happy! She thought Jamie was so cool when she saw a Halloween marathon on AMC a couple years ago. Just wait, many good times are yet to come!

18 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Yup, we watched some episodes. Very cool, we go to conventions too. THAT'S FUN! We met CJ Graham (part 6J) and Malcom McDowell last year. When she met Danielle Harris (Jamie from part 4,5 Halloween) my daughter was SO happy! She thought Jamie was so cool when she saw a Halloween marathon on AMC a couple years ago. Just wait, many good times are yet to come!

I remember on USA network every Friday the 13th they'd have a f13 movie marathon, always loved watching those, wish my girl could've done that, we got all the DVDs but doesn't have the same nostalgic feeling as watching the marathon 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uberXJoshua said:

I shared this on Reddit as well, If anyone calls my parenting into question I understand but first off let me say that my daughter has always loved scary stuff especially Jason and Chucky, she asked santa for all the Chucky movies when she was 4, that was an awkward moment with a mall santa lol. I wouldn't allow any of this but she knows the difference between fantasy and reality and loves special effects, she wants to be a special effects makeup artist when she grows up, she even knows of Tom savini. Plus I've gotten good at skipping certain adult moments in these movies when watching with her. Anyways for her 8th birthday she asked for a sackhead Jason cake that had the shack and Pamela head from the game on it we play together all the time, here is the cake I got made for her she loved it!!.....I have to share the imgur links cuz forum says files are too big

Awesome cake!  How long did that take you to make? And what ingredients did you use?

I'm asking because I'm wanting to make a F13 style cake for my dad's 50th birthday, he's a big fan of Friday the 13th. And he would love something like this.

• Like 1

Do you have AMC? They have fear fest in October. And Syfy does f13 marathons in October too. Syfy has less violence than AMC shows, case in point part 3 walking on his hands kill.  On Syfy when Jason raises his weapon, cut scene. AMC shows the downswing and impact ,but not follow through. Both channels show no nudity. I let her watch those and the other movies they show. Till she was 11, now she's seen alot of uncensored movies and she plays the game. She's well mannered and plays the game with regulars from this forum. She respects people and cares about her friends, and has good grades. She's a good kid! People that say horror movies and games ruin kids must just be bad parents or not have kids at all!I love posts like this, and you're a good parent and have a good girl too! Congrats, and good luck on your journey!

• Like 1

I watched horror and 18 (R rated movies in the US) movies from a young age. Donald Trump is connecting video games to real violence? What's your opinion on that? I think it's bullshit. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

Awesome cake!  How long did that take you to make? And what ingredients did you use?

I'm asking because I'm wanting to make a F13 style cake for my dad's 50th birthday, he's a big fan of Friday the 13th. And he would love something like this.

I wish I could help but I had it made for her, the bakery I used took the picture we supplied and printed it as an edible and designed the cake around it. I hope you end up with an awesome cake for your dad's birthday!! Thanks for your reply.

13 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

I watched horror and 18 (R rated movies in the US) movies from a young age. Donald Trump is connecting video games to real violence? What's your opinion on that? I think it's bullshit. 

Well considering there was murder,rape gun violence, serial killers and killer children well before games I think that should be enough to prove video games aren't responsible. I believe undiagnosed or untreated mental illness is main reason for violence in young people.

14 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Do you have AMC? They have fear fest in October. And Syfy does f13 marathons in October too. Syfy has less violence than AMC shows, case in point part 3 walking on his hands kill.  On Syfy when Jason raises his weapon, cut scene. AMC shows the downswing and impact ,but not follow through. Both channels show no nudity. I let her watch those and the other movies they show. Till she was 11, now she's seen alot of uncensored movies and she plays the game. She's well mannered and plays the game with regulars from this forum. She respects people and cares about her friends, and has good grades. She's a good kid! People that say horror movies and games ruin kids must just be bad parents or not have kids at all!I love posts like this, and you're a good parent and have a good girl too! Congrats, and good luck on your journey!

Ty that means alot!! We will check out fear fest in October for sure!!

• Like 3

It's tough. They've been trying to blame real violence on video games for years. A 72 year old man that has never played a video game in his life was always going to play the "Video games cause violence" card. Just gotta hope he doesn't attempt to nerf the video game industry - because he will if he can find a way to do it.  As we all know, if you're not a "gamer"...you don't get "it".

It's not my place to judge you, but I would personally wait until my kids were about 13 to let them watch horror movies if I had them. My nephew is an exception because his mom lets him, but if he was my kid, he wouldn't be able to yet.

2 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

It's not my place to judge you, but I would personally wait until my kids were about 13 to let them watch horror movies if I had them. My nephew is an exception because his mom lets him, but if he was my kid, he wouldn't be able to yet.

To each his own, i just remember how I was as a kid and that watching horror didn't mess me up or anything and I always knew the difference of real and fantasy, but yeah to each their own. Do you like the cake though?

8 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

I wouldn't judge you in the least. As long as you are taking responsibility for the choices you make in regards to your children, you have my respect. I threw my youngest daughter a Friday the 13th themed birthday party for her 13th birthday. She plays the game supervised and we've had no problems as of yet. I think it's great that your daughter wants to go into the special effects field.

7 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

I watch Face Off every so often. It's great inspiration for those who want to get into the craft and become the next household name.

6 hours ago, Splatterhouse said:

A lot of people feel this way. I'm the opposite. Gaming improves the mind and relieves stress. Being married with 5 kids (all girls, but number 6 on the way is a boy), working long hours, and being the go-to person for a bunch of people takes its toll on you. It's nice to unwind and play a game or two to relax.

4 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

To each his own, i just remember how I was as a kid and that watching horror didn't mess me up or anything and I always knew the difference of real and fantasy, but yeah to each their own. Do you like the cake though?

Yeah, I do :) I really like sackhead Jason 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I wouldn't judge you in the least. As long as you are taking responsibility for the choices you make in regards to your children, you have my respect. I threw my youngest daughter a Friday the 13th themed birthday party for her 13th birthday. She plays the game supervised and we've had no problems as of yet. I think it's great that your daughter wants to go into the special effects field.

I watch Face Off every so often. It's great inspiration for those who want to get into the craft and become the next household name.

A lot of people feel this way. I'm the opposite. Gaming improves the mind and relieves stress. Being married with 5 kids (all girls, but number 6 on the way is a boy), working long hours, and being the go-to person for a bunch of people takes its toll on you. It's nice to unwind and play a game or two to relax.

Thanks!! And I agree with you!  I also think games are great therapy for depression as well so many games have social communities that could combat a person's loneliness, they are a great escape from stress and can make you feel like you've accomplished things and for kids games are great for hand and eye coordination as well as teaching kids problem solving and helping them realize their mental strengths and witnesses. Also it teaches them yow to work as a team with others etc etc...

Videogames get a bad rap because they are perfect scapegoats for sick and/or evil people who do horrific things who don't want to take responsibility for their actions and for parents of mentally Ill children who do bad things but don't want to take responsibility for their parenting. 

1 minute ago, uberXJoshua said:

Thanks!! And I agree with you!  I also think games are great therapy for depression as well so many games have social communities that could combat a person's loneliness, they are a great escape from stress and can make you feel like you've accomplished things and for kids games are great for hand and eye coordination as well as teaching kids problem solving and helping them realize their mental strengths and witnesses. Also it teaches them yow to work as a team with others etc etc...

Videogames get a bad rap because they are perfect scapegoats for sick and/or evil people who do horrific things who don't want to take responsibility for their actions and for parents of mentally I'll children who do bad things but don't want to take responsibility for their patenting. 

I couldn't agree more.

OMG, i have to say that this is the cutest thing ever since....well i don't remember something of this level, but really, is super nice that you did this, plus the fact that you let her watch the movies but skipping those "parts". Now aside the fact that the cake is AMAZING, i want to ask, it was a chocolate one or something? Like, i want to know the flavors, it looks tasty as fuck :P

my 4 1/2 year old daughter likes watching me play F13 on my PS4. She loves the "fire Jason".  Her innocence really showed at first, because I remember I did the skull crush execution, the one where Jason turns them around and the camera zooms in on their face, and when the skull cracked and blood went everywhere, she asked why there's chocolate all over his face.

She has watched Part 6 with me, but I constantly tell her that it's only a movie and a game. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shaild said:

OMG, i have to say that this is the cutest thing ever since....well i don't remember something of this level, but really, is super nice that you did this, plus the fact that you let her watch the movies but skipping those "parts". Now aside the fact that the cake is AMAZING, i want to ask, it was a chocolate one or something? Like, i want to know the flavors, it looks tasty as fuck :P

Chocolate cake with amazing buttercream frosting, Soooo good lol!

?

5 hours ago, monoXide83 said:

my 4 1/2 year old daughter likes watching me play F13 on my PS4. She loves the "fire Jason".  Her innocence really showed at first, because I remember I did the skull crush execution, the one where Jason turns them around and the camera zooms in on their face, and when the skull cracked and blood went everywhere, she asked why there's chocolate all over his face.

She has watched Part 6 with me, but I constantly tell her that it's only a movie and a game. 

Lol that's cute? me and her love part 6 and she strongly believes Jason won't hurt children and part 6 proves it, she says Jason walked by all those kids and only walked up to Nancy cuz she was awake and since Jason has the mind of a child he still sees himself that way and he was just getting a closer look at Nancy and when he saw counselor go by window he was actually going after counselor to protect the kids so what Happened to him wouldn't happen to them, and the only reason he returns to the children's bunkhouse later is to draw the remaining counselors to him. He never tried to kill any kid and he had plenty of chances. 

I then asked my daughter what about Tommy in part 4 and she told me he was a preteen and the kids in part 6 we're all little kids, and maybe Jason was grabbing Tommy to draw out his sister cuz he could've killed Tommy easy but chose not to. My girl is really smart for 8 and when she says stuff like this it reassures me if her understanding of movies. She had a wild theory about a walking dead episode, do u watch? If so I'll share her theory with you, it's pretty cool!

15 hours ago, uberXJoshua said:

You are a cool-ass dad.

• Like 1

I think k it's fine. I was exposed to all of this as a 5 year old. I have a career and family and I give back to the community. My mother made it clear it was fiction.

I don't think movies and games create widespread violence. I do think there are individuals that may be influenced by it, but I think it is the exception. I think stress, drugs, desperation, high emotions, and mental illness creates violence. It's in our nature and people can't cope any more.

The zero bullying in the US is a double edged sword. Kids don't learn conflict resolution because it's "run to an authority figure". We have also started equating words as the same as physical assault. Young people in the US are growing up in a world that is suppressing their natural instincts.

Also, people can't escape their antagonizers because of social media.

It's not a single cause.

2 minutes ago, razeak said:

I think k it's fine. I was exposed to all of this as a 5 year old. I have a career and family and I give back to the community. My mother made it clear it was fiction.

I don't think movies and games create widespread violence. I do think there are individuals that may be influenced by it, but I think it is the exception. I think stress, drugs, desperation, high emotions, and mental illness creates violence. It's in our nature and people can't cope any more.

The zero bullying in the US is a double edged sword. Kids don't learn conflict resolution because it's "run to an authority figure". We have also started equating words as the same as physical assault. Young people in the US are growing up in a world that is suppressing their natural instincts.

Also, people can't escape their antagonizers because of social media.

It's not a single cause.

So many resolutions just cause more problems, it's like updates to video games, sometimes life gets patches but you end up with some bugs. It's our jobs to keep patching away though, we will get a flawless patch eventually or at least we gotta strive for that everyday!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dapper Dragon said:

That's one of the best themed cakes I've seen a long time. Kudos to you!

Hey thanks, my daughter loved it. I almost didn't wanna see it eaten lol!

• Like 1