Chetork

Making stealth and hiding places a more viable strategy.

9 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

@tyrant666

I think taking away the ability for Jason to toggle Sense would be a major misstep. I think sometimes folks forget he has to track down 7 players. As well, just because he sees you doesn't mean you're dead.

I would encourage you to try some matches where you don't toggle Sense and post the results. I'm curious.

Then what is the point for stealth? Stealth even states it helps avoid sense which it doesn’t. If Jason toggles sense (especially a Jason with a sense strength) the RNG is going to sense you sooner or later no matter how good of perks you have. Every point of stealth should have a 5% increase in sense avoidance, Tiffany and AJ should be stealthing around the map and being some of the last remaining counselors. Jason is suppose to sense FEAR so explain how a Jenny with 0 fear light up like a Christmas tree? The stealth/composure stats should work hand in hand...higher fear means you’d be detected quicker, stealth should also help with sense but it doesn’t.

@JennyMyers1984

Sense will definitely find you "sooner or later". That's how it's supposed to work. The faster you complete objectives, the less chance you have of being sensed.

If your issue is with counselor stealth then that is the issue you should be asking to have addressed.

Any counselor within Jason's music radius will light up with sense unless they're hiding or have a perk that gives them the chance to avoid sense completely. As the match progresses, Jason's sense extends beyond his music radius and when Rage activates he can sense a very large portion of the map and those that are in hiding places. Also, the more counselors beat on Jason- the sooner he reaches Rage.

I play as AJ predominantly and find I'm usually one of the last alive.

So, some tips:

• Stay out of Jason's music radius
  • If you spawn at an objective, hide for a bit
  • Never use the 'hold your breath' button
  • Stick to the outside of the map
  • If you're with other counselors and Jason shows up- hide. Most times he will chase the others and not come back for you, assuming you left, because the cabin you're in doesn't light up when you're hiding unless he's in Rage
  • After you call the cops- hide
  • If you mess up on QTE, try to hide before Jason shows up

Try different strategies. There's some quote about trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results is the definition of stupidity. Try something different.

Def. of insanity, but yeah stupidity can qualify.

As for the never hold your breath, man I wish I'd known about that earlier.

Only figured it out because I wasted a game messing with a random AJ, scaring her to make her hide in different places then sense spamming at her houses. She seemed to be invisible forever. I did let her live as a sort of thank you, but only got the car by luck and time ran out after killing those four. So the others benefited from my time wasting. It makes hiding with Jenny in the first mins easy. 

2 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That’d be a good idea having it based on composure for mini game. Based on how much fear the counselor has is how big or small the bar is. Even if Jenny is scared...her bar would be  significantly larger then Chad’s would be if he was scared. 

yes that would be fun and that mini game should be active only when Jason enters to the cabin or is close, when you fail your character makes only one noise, and if you fail again, another noise

1 hour ago, bewareofbears said:

@JennyMyers1984

Sense will definitely find you "sooner or later". That's how it's supposed to work. The faster you complete objectives, the less chance you have of being sensed.

If your issue is with counselor stealth then that is the issue you should be asking to have addressed.

Any counselor within Jason's music radius will light up with sense unless they're hiding or have a perk that gives them the chance to avoid sense completely. As the match progresses, Jason's sense extends beyond his music radius and when Rage activates he can sense a very large portion of the map and those that are in hiding places. Also, the more counselors beat on Jason- the sooner he reaches Rage.

I play as AJ predominantly and find I'm usually one of the last alive.

So, some tips:

• Stay out of Jason's music radius
  • If you spawn at an objective, hide for a bit
  • Never use the 'hold your breath' button
  • Stick to the outside of the map
  • If you're with other counselors and Jason shows up- hide. Most times he will chase the others and not come back for you, assuming you left, because the cabin you're in doesn't light up when you're hiding unless he's in Rage
  • After you call the cops- hide
  • If you mess up on QTE, try to hide before Jason shows up

Try different strategies. There's some quote about trying the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results is the definition of stupidity. Try something different.

I’m pretty damn good at the game and can do decent by skill alone but why have stealth perks when stealth is meaningless? Look at the counselor screen and click stealth and it clearly states that it helps with sense avoidance and it DOES NOT help at all. It helps with the white blips but not when you light up like a Christmas tree. What does sense do? It is supposed to sense you when you are FEARFUL not when you’re strolling along with a 10/10 composure with absolutely no fear. Sure “Jason is supposed to be OP” but it’s stupid to have a 10/10 stealth or composure and still light up red as quickly as somebody with a 1/10 stealth/composure. Those stats are meaningless which is why everybody plays Vanessa and Buggzy.

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:00 AM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I think Stealth should effect the volume of the sound effect for getting into a hiding spot. 10 stealth creates no sound fx when getting into a hiding spot, 1 stealth would be the current volume, and everything else is in-between.

The thing about rolling out of a hiding spot would require a bunch of new animations. I think an easier solution would be to make Sense not have pinpoint accuracy until Rage. Have it detect a red cloud in the general area of a counselor. This cloud would be static and reflect the area the counselor was in at the time that Sense detected them. Also, remove Sense spamming by making the meter reset to zero after any use, even if you end it early. Once you get Rage or a counselor is at maximum fear(no minimap), then you'll see their outline.

Another thing to add on top of that is they could put Sense last, swapping it with Stalk. Either they could apply that all Jasons or it could be made Jason-specific. Part 8 is pretty beast, he has a +Stalk and -Sense. Imagine how he would play if he got Stalk second and Sense last. His +Stalk would be accentuated even moreso, while he'd have an even worse Sense by making it come later. Part 3 would of course retain his current order of abilities because he's the "beginner" Jason.

Stealth effecting the sounds made by the counselors doing anything makes perfect sense. But 10 stealth should not turn said counselors into a ninja either.
    The devs recently explained what is entailed with making new animations. The process may seem simple, but when reading their list of the tasks and money required to do this makes it easy to understand why it is not going to happen.
    Nerfing sense in any way is simply a bad idea. I have seen both cars moving and the boat going (in the same game) very early on in quite a few games. It happens. With a nerf to sense, it would happen a lot more. Without sense in can be very easy to lose a counselor. Pinehurst has the thickest trees and bushes making it easy for a counselor with sense avoidance perks to lose Jason. Some people claim sense avoidance perks are useless, I disagree. I fully understand how percentages work as well as how random number generators work.
    Playing a game on the Higgins map I chased around someone playing Fox for more than ten minutes. This counselor did not show up on sense once and I tried many times. The only reason I kept finding Fox again was due to sound pings (if it was a high stealth counselor or they just stayed still, I would never have found her without being extremely lucky). This player was not that good at evading Jason, I did catch up and kill the player before the time ran out, once I got close enough that it became easy to see Fox without sense. Jason's screen is just as dark as the counselor's screen when the power is cut (or not) and it can be hard to see counselors that are twenty feet or more away. Sense is Jason's flashlight. The sense avoidance perks do not work well all the time, but nothing with a % chance will, unless its very high.
    My point is, that it still can work very well, sometimes. I have only ever seen sense avoidance perks work this many times in a row once (I don't know how many times I tried sense, but it was a lot over the ten minute search. I call it a search, because that is what it was, it was not a chase until the last two minutes of it). Taking away sense spamming you might see this happen way too often. This would not make it a challenge for counselors and would just promote more hiding and standing still at the edges of the map.
    Swapping sense with stalk? Sense makes stalk more powerful and useful. I am not saying it is useless without sense at all, there are many ways to use it effectively. Stalk is the greatest tool for getting jump scares for sure. Many circumstances I have used stalk in would have been a colossal waste of time without using sense with it, other times I did not need sense at all. It really depends on the circumstances. The counselors being in a good spot (where they cannot see Jason at all, no matter how they turn the camera), compared to Jason being in a good spot and being able to see (or at least hear) the counselor coming.
    Leaving any Jason without sense for that long will result in a great many very easy escapes for counselors. As far as I understand how the devs wish the game to be balanced, this would be a giant leap in the wrong direction. It is also sometimes very easy to lose a counselor while shifting without using sense, depending on what area of any map that you are in. Most of the time when you use shift a counselor is out in the open and easy to keep track of. They also know you are there and can easily avoid the shift grab after they have learned the basic mechanics around it. This can lead to some very long chases in which time, several other counselors could very easily escape. Setting up a good shift grab does not necessarily need stalk, but it helps. As long as the player cannot see you begin your shift (or see you on the mini map) you have a much better chance of grabbing them.
    Sorry for the length of the post, I tend to ramble sometimes.

@Slasher_Clone

"I'll be back." -Sylvester Stallone in Die Hard

You're correct. :) I get mixed up.

@JennyMyers1984

I provided a counter point-of-view and some tips. Maybe the reworked perks will be what you're looking for. If not, try something different strategy-wise.

1 minute ago, bewareofbears said:

@Slasher_Clone

"I'll be back." -Sylvester Stallone in Die Hard

You're correct. :) I get mixed up.

@JennyMyers1984

I provided a counter point-of-view and some tips. Maybe the reworked perks will be what you're looking for. If not, try something different strategy-wise.

Those were great tips and I’m usually one of the last alive if I don’t escape, I mainly play Tiffany/Jenny. I just feel like stealth isn’t really working the way it should be and neither is composure. Jenny and Tiffany’s biggest strengths are two weak stats that should benefit them more then it does. I’m not saying Jason should never sense them but it should be harder to sense a high stealth/composure counselor then Vanessa and Buggzy. Think of Alien Isolation, you’re not gonna run around everywhere because you’ll get kill instantly. You could be RIGHT UNDER the Alien and if you crouch and stealth he won’t kill you because he can’t sense you. You stealth and avoid the monster, same should apply to Jason. Be sneaky and you won’t get detected. Those stats need a major buff and it’s not because it’s too hard being a counselor but it has so much potential to be greater and more immersive than it currently is.

13 hours ago, Trial__By__Scythe said:

Yes, I rarely use hiding spots for how little time you have in there before you give away your position by breathing. The mini game leaves how long you can go undetected in your own hands with the mini-game, which can be easy or difficult, depending on your characters stealth and composure stats.

13 hours ago, JennyMyers1984 said:

That’d be a good idea having it based on composure for mini game. Based on how much fear the counselor has is how big or small the bar is. Even if Jenny is scared...her bar would be  significantly larger then Chad’s would be if he was scared. 

I'd say ditch the breathing mechanic entirely and make it a heartbeat when you're hiding. Then turn hiding/avoid Jason into a continuous QuickTime event circle like repairs & that as your fear goes up the event gets harder. The lower your hidden or the more times you fail the heartbeat gets louder till you gasp and give your location up or Jason can use sense and it highlights the object you're hiding in. Composure & Luck can play into the ramping difficulty with speed or number of activation points per loop. You can also revamp the perks that are meant to increase hiding. That should keep people from hiding for a majority of a match and not really playing.