Anyone else think that they should only allow one of each character in a match? Watch the movies, the only twins are in Part 4.

It also ruins it for the Jason player when there are a few people playing Bugzy or Adam and a few more playing as Vanessa. I really think you should be given a "spawn preference" choice for characters as we have between Jason and counselors. 

I think they should also add incentives to encourage team play, like extra xp for assists like item sharing, self sacrifice (repair the car but don't escape in it for example) and things like that.   

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

I do not, how dare you....oh, I see, you weren't referring to me. 

If if they ever introduce a story mode, I'd like it set up so only one set of twins exist during the story. Two Kenny's or two Tiffany's doesn't matter which set of counselors are the twins.

It would never fly with the playerbase, but I agree.

We have 13 counselors now.

What would happen is first everybody would pick the fastest counselors, so Vanessa, Bugsy, Chad and Tiffany would go. Then people would pick the best repair counselors so Deb, AJ, Mitch and Eric would go next. Then people would just grab the scraps, which is everybody else with middle of the road stats with no obvious edge in speed or repair. You could argue Adam is in that upper 2 echelon, its up to you.

Some people play this game to fuck off or win, so they pick meta counselors. Some people play this game because they like repair characters. Some people play with the counselor they like visually the best. Some people play with the lesser played characters for more challenge. Some play for stealth, despite it having an expiration date in game.

I suspect it would be mad dash of...

1. Speed first

2. Repair second

3. Whatever else third

With 7 counselors, that leaves 6 off the table in every match. Its a fair number. It could be made more fair by having the counselor roster up around 20.

But like I've said before. If you introduce more customization and restrictions. Its only going to divide/alienate the playerbase.

Imagine how long it would take for lobbies to fill when people come in and can't play the character they want to play as? So they'll lobby hop until they get what they want.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JohnnyKapow said:

Anyone else think that they should only allow one of each character in a match? Watch the movies, the only twins are in Part 4.

It also ruins it for the Jason player when there are a few people playing Bugzy or Adam and a few more playing as Vanessa. I really think you should be given a "spawn preference" choice for characters as we have between Jason and counselors. 

I think they should also add incentives to encourage team play, like extra xp for assists like item sharing, self sacrifice (repair the car but don't escape in it for example) and things like that.   

Fair point, but the costume variations help mitigate this, to a degree.

8 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

But like I've said before. If you introduce more customization and restrictions. Its only going to divide/alienate the playerbase.

Imagine how long it would take for lobbies to fill when people come in and can't play the character they want to play as? So they'll lobby hop until they get what they want.

They could just add an option in the menu. We have "Quick Match" right now, so they could add "Quick Match - Random". That way if you wanna just jump in and play it's up to the game to assign each player a character making sure there will not be duplicates.

They have a gambling system in place already with the perk lottery, so I can't imagine this would be too difficult.

When I play private matches I always play with people who tend not to use duplicate characters. I like to use LaChappa but if I see someone has already selected him then I just pick a counselor that isn't in use, even in quick matches.

I'm even at the point now that if I enter a lobby and I see more than one or two of a certain character I just leave. 

I prefer NOT to play as Jason, but at least in the offline mode the computer makes sure each bot is unique. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

This is a really good point, I already see people leave when the host sets it on a specific map, imagine how many people will leave when they find out they aren't playing their main counselor. 

You can kiss full lobbies good-bye. 

• Like 3

If there was a choice to play "Quick Match - RANDOM", people wouldn't lobby hop as they would be purposely CHOOSING to play as a random character.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sinisterslither said:

We talk a few times about an hardcore mode here. They should add this idea if they put this new mode.

That would be so sweet.

I think this is a fantastic idea. However, I couldn't see it going over well with a lot of the player base. But like you said, if they are willing to encourage it by adding incentives then I can see it working.

I’d be pretty mad that I wouldn’t be able to play Jenny, Tiffany, or AJ and had to play someone I don’t like playing. 

Currently, if I see a clone of my character (Tiffany is excluded if there is only one other Tiff), I probably won’t switch unless there are no AJs or Tiffs- but even that is very unlikely.

Nevertheless, this is annoying (the clones) and I wouldn’t mind seeing this implemented.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Yoshman2523 said:

I’d be pretty mad that I wouldn’t be able to play Jenny, Tiffany, or AJ and had to play someone I don’t like playing. 

Then you wouldn't choose the random quick match option and you'd still get to play as your favs.

• Like 1

It doesn't help that right now outside of repair and demasking Jason. Most of the male counselors are useless.

This could be rectified by adding a female hero like Tina or Trish or Ginny, etc. When the female hero is active, only the MALE counselors can assist in the kill. When its Tommy, only a female can assist with the kill. This would add more incentive to play male counselors. They shave their head to look like Jason like Tommy did in Part 4. Works exactly the same as the sweater concept and Tina or whatever female hero would kill Jason.

Here's how the 2 hero system would work.

1. Other players cannot see what hero character you pick, unlike Jason or Counselor

2. You are given a choice...example...Pick Tommy, Tina, Random Or set preference to NO, so you don't play as a hero character if you die...which is something people have wanted. Obviously if everybody has this preference set to NO, one will be chosen regardless, but it would seem unlikely

3. How it works

Tina = Only a male character can assist her in the kill process. So if the lobby has all female counselors, Jason is free from death

Tommy = Only a female character can assist him in the kill process. So if the lobby has all male counselors (which is unheard of these days), Jason is free from death

7 minutes ago, kitcat said:

Pay for something that you can't choose who you want to be. Dear God. 

Obviously it would be a CHOICE. Not bothering to read the thread doesn't help anyone.

In private matches we've had some nights when we do a counselor draft.

We do it like a real draft in sports. If you died first you get the first pick, second goes second, and so forth. Jason picks last unless someone survived. If someone else comes into the room they pick last.

Makes it interesting and at least if you die early you can likely get your choice of character the next round.

• Like 2

I'm all up for it if it is it's own game mode like some has stated in the thread. 

However if it is something that is going across quickplay and private match? 

Its not going to end well. 

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

In private matches we've had some nights when we do a counselor draft.

We do it like a real draft in sports. If you died first you get the first pick, second goes second, and so forth. Jason picks last unless someone survived. If someone else comes into the room they pick last.

Makes it interesting and at least if you die early you can likely get your choice of character the next round.

That seems like a fun idea for private matches. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

I'm all up for it if it is it's own game mode like some has stated in the thread. 

However if it is something that is going across quickplay and private match? 

Its not going to end well. 

It would be an option you would choose. Instead of Private Match or Quick Play there would be a Quick Play - Random option. For players who just wanna jump in and play and everyone gets a unique character and you make the best of who you get. 

LOL if people choose Bugzy all the time maybe they be more comfy playing "MLB The Show" rather than F13. ;)

1 minute ago, JohnnyKapow said:

It would be an option you would choose. Instead of Private Match or Quick Play there would be a Quick Play - Random option. For players who just wanna jump in and play and everyone gets a unique character and you make the best of who you get. 

LOL if people choose Bugzy all the time maybe they be more comfy playing "MLB The Show" rather than F13. ;)

Then I am all up for it, the game needs more variety. Shit I would want to even give it a try. 

I actually really like the idea of a "first come ,first serve " style  counselor options. Whenever I jump into a lobby half full , and I see several or even one other counselor that is the same as mine, I go for the switch. There are no "bad " counselors in my opinion, just different play styles. I like to switch it up a lot anyway, although Tiffany is my current favorite. 

• Like 1