Jump to content
Rexfellis

Rainbow Six Siege: Outbreak UPDATE

Recommended Posts

I have been playing R6:S for a long time. I got away from it due to actually getting kind of bored with it. (And having a small amount of hate for Ubisoft). I have seen a couple of game-play videos for the upcoming DLC, and I have to admit that I am a little excited about it. It's taking the game into a whole new direction, and looks like the matches are going to be pretty chaotic. I read on IGN that the download is going to be free for a limited time, so I think it is worth checking out. It seems to be fairly limited at initial release, but there is always the option for more DLC if the game mode does well.

Is anyone else looking forward to this? I am including the trailer video, but you can find actual game-play videos on YouTube.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sadly,i didn't like Rainbow Six- Seige...there wasn't enough offline content for me,and The Division,while fun at times,was an online only game.I really like Ghost Recon- Wildlands,though.....still having trouble beating the Predator in the DLC for that one,but it's fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2018 at 7:46 AM, JF13 said:

sadly,i didn't like Rainbow Six- Seige...there wasn't enough offline content for me,and The Division,while fun at times,was an online only game.I really like Ghost Recon- Wildlands,though.....still having trouble beating the Predator in the DLC for that one,but it's fun.

I'm not sure if this new mode will have offline play, but since the only game play I have seen has been co-op mode, I think it is a possibility that they will have an offline story mode. After I get the new mode, I will let you know buddy.  I'm not sure what platform you play on, but I can try to recommend a few story driven games for you if you would like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rexfellis said:

I'm not sure if this new mode will have offline play, but since the only game play I have seen has been co-op mode, I think it is a possibility that they will have an offline story mode. After I get the new mode, I will let you know buddy.  I'm not sure what platform you play on, but I can try to recommend a few story driven games for you if you would like.

i have a PS4....R6- Seige's offline content was the practice missions,of which there were 10,i think.I couldn't pass the first one due to it had my character going solo with no team,and the enemies in the game were too hard for me.The majority of the content in Seige is online-only,which i felt was odd for a Rainbow Six game.As far as co-op games(offline co-op)that i have for my PS4 i got Samurai Warriors 4,Samurai Warriors 4- Empires and Warriors Orochi 3- Ultimate.The games that I own that have online co-op are Toukiden 2,Bladestorm- Nightmare,Ghost Recon- Wildlands and Resident Evil- Revelations.My single player offline PS4 games are Samurai Warriors- Spirit of Sanada,Warriors- All Stars,Agents of Mayhem and Final Fantasy Type- 0.I also do offline mode only on Friday The 13th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JF13 Sounds like you pretty well have your bases covered. I'm hoping the new DLC will have a single player story mode, since it is basically a zombie outbreak type scenario. I always have fun with those. If it drops on March 6 like they say, I will let you know what is included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

@JF13 Sounds like you pretty well have your bases covered. I'm hoping the new DLC will have a single player story mode, since it is basically a zombie outbreak type scenario. I always have fun with those. If it drops on March 6 like they say, I will let you know what is included.

zombie outbreaks are fun,i have alot of the Resident Evil games....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only had time to play a couple of matches of Outbreak, but it is really fun. It's a 3-person co-op game against AI infected, zombies, whatever you want to call them. It is a hectic mode that relies heavily on team play. My two favorite operatives to play so far are Doc and Tachanka. Doc may be a little weak when it comes to taking care of the enemy, but healing is a great ability to have in this mode. As far as Tachanka goes? If you set up that RP-46 in the right place, you are going to wreak havoc on those damn zombies.

I'm looking forward to playing this mode a bit more, but I am a fan so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I've only had time to play a couple of matches of Outbreak, but it is really fun. It's a 3-person co-op game against AI infected, zombies, whatever you want to call them. It is a hectic mode that relies heavily on team play. My two favorite operatives to play so far are Doc and Tachanka. Doc may be a little weak when it comes to taking care of the enemy, but healing is a great ability to have in this mode. As far as Tachanka goes? If you set up that RP-46 in the right place, you are going to wreak havoc on those damn zombies.

I'm looking forward to playing this mode a bit more, but I am a fan so far.

can that mode be played offline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JF13 said:

can that mode be played offline?

No, sorry buddy. If you have two other people who have the game, you can play co-op with them, but there is no single player mode. It's also only supposed to be around for a limited time. I think that they will make it a regular game mode if it is popular enough, but it is not set up for offline play.

It's a shame too, because Rainbow Six has always been a story driven series. Siege kind of got away from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

No, sorry buddy. If you have two other people who have the game, you can play co-op with them, but there is no single player mode. It's also only supposed to be around for a limited time. I think that they will make it a regular game mode if it is popular enough, but it is not set up for offline play.

It's a shame too, because Rainbow Six has always been a story driven series. Siege kind of got away from that.

darn.that sucks.there's a new version of the game at Gamestop and the box front says it comes with the zombie game.Too bad it's online only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't play Rainbow Six Siege, but I do like to watch videos of it. @Rexfellis Tachanka baby!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

I don't play Rainbow Six Siege, but I do like to watch videos of it. @Rexfellis Tachanka baby!

Oh yeah man. I almost never use Tachanka in regular team play. But he is a freaking beast in this mode! So much fun to mow down those stinking zombies coming down the hallways if you do it right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rexfellis said:

Oh yeah man. I almost never use Tachanka in regular team play. But he is a freaking beast in this mode! So much fun to mow down those stinking zombies coming down the hallways if you do it right.

So true. It's funny in Outbreak when Lion scans and you just see red everywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The Tommy said:

So true. It's funny in Outbreak when Lion scans and you just see red everywhere. 

Yeah, that drone is badass! But you are right, when he checks, and the whole damn screen lights up, you get that sinking feeling in your gut. :lol: It is a really intense game, and I can't see playing it with a controller. This is one mode that you just have to use a keyboard and mouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never got to play it because my Season Pass got jacked up and I got pissed off, and uninstalled it. Being a veteran of Vegas and Vegas 2, I only play for Terrorist Hunt. However, I stopped playing it before this because people would be retarded and team kill me, another teammate, or the hostage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×