The Puppet Master Franchise

Rate the puppet master series?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How many stars do they get?

• ★★
    • ★★★
    • ★★★★
    • ★★★★★

@Jason Todd Voorhees I give it 3 stars. The whole series is kind of a guilty pleasure of mine, with part 2 probably being my favorite. Full Moon became the kings of direct-to-video B-flicks largely because of this franchise. The timeline continuity is a little screwy and, of course, they are all a bit campy, but that is the fun of it for me. It had some pretty interesting origin story choices for the puppets, especially Leech Woman. :o I really like these movies, and the blu-ray set has a fairly regular rotation in my "late night movies while drinking a beer" lineup.

I gave it 4*s. Might be a little generous, but I've enjoyed them. I think I picked up that blu-ray box set at a convention, but haven't even opened it yet. I remember renting the early films in the franchise from Blockbuster and enjoying them growing up. Haven't seen the most recent ones and it's probably been a decade since I've sat and watched any of them, but it has a warm place in my cold, black heart.

On further thought, checking out lists of other horror franchises, there are quite a few I'd still rank above Puppet Master ... F13th obviously, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Child's Play, Evil Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Hellraiser, Exorcist ... quite a few others would be in that conversation.

I'd have to watch all of them again to be completely honest, but I think I'd personally have Puppet Master ahead of things like Gremlins, Critters, Leprechaun, Tremors and then many of the more recent franchises like Paranormal Activity, Insidious, and The Purge.

1 star.

I've seen them all except maybe the last one. The first couple are decent but as a whole, as a franchise, it's garbage. The films are mentally taxing to sit through as you make your way through the series. There's that one that's just a clip show and the one where Corey Feldman attempts to act his way out of a paper bag and fails miserably.

I want to like this series more but it honestly sucks. :/

3 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

1 star.

I've seen them all except maybe the last one. The first couple are decent but as a whole, as a franchise, it's garbage. The films are mentally taxing to sit through as you make your way through the series. There's that one that's just a clip show and the one where Corey Feldman attempts to act his way out of a paper bag and fails miserably.

I want to like this series more but it honestly sucks. :/

Ouch.....