DorianRo

Will they take Chain Stunning away? Its GAME OVER for the counselor's if they do

a bit of stun immunity would be nice. It exists in almost every online game where stunning exists for a reason.

4 minutes ago, carnage4u said:

a bit of stun immunity would be nice. It exists in almost every online game where stunning exists for a reason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jason needs one more skill to burn, a mass fear/cower that can be deployed to stun counselors when he's surrounded, or more than two counselors are in his vicinity.  Have it function like a slightly longer version of the sweater stun that happens when a counselor goes into the shack at first, but for everyone in line of sight to Jason when he uses it.  Maybe have him tilt his mask up for the animation, and make it uninterruptable, with a LONG cooldown, or a single use in a match.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Jason needs one more skill to burn, a mass fear/cower that can be deployed to stun counselors when he's surrounded, or more than two counselors are in his vicinity.  Have it function like a slightly longer version of the sweater stun that happens when a counselor goes into the shack at first, but for everyone in line of sight to Jason when he uses it.  Maybe have him tilt his mask up for the animation, and make it uninterruptable, with a LONG cooldown, or a single use in a match.

That's a great idea dude! All the mechanics already exists in the game. So it's just a matter of playing around with what's already there and adding a mask tilt animation for Jason. I guess they'd also need some kind of longer animation for counselor reactions too.. 

Now that you bring it up, the same thing should happen when Jason is demasked. I've always thought it was odd that the counselors around don't react to it. It would also help newer Jason players out a bit when it comes to getting killed.

The only problem I see possibly arising is that Jason could also attack the counselors while stunned from it, and that could easily make things too easy for already advanced Jason players.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

The only problem I see possibly arising is that Jason could also attack the counselors while stunned from it, and that could easily make things too easy for already advanced Jason players.

Balance it by having the stun last for two seconds after the animation ends.  Jason would have time for one grab or slash, but if the counselors are all armed, they could easily force him to drop someone.  If he slashes and doesn't kill the counselor, it becomes a risk/reward proposition to continue pursuit and get chain stunned again, or go for the kill and whittle the numbers down a bit.

It should be used primarily as an escape tool for Jason to stop chain stunning.  By only having it active when multiple counselors are nearby, it prevents spam/abuse for freezing a solo player that may be the last counselor or simply someone whom Jason has decided to tunnel.  The other part of balancing it would be allowing Jason to Shift or Morph during the animation if the cooldowns are up.  

When two counselors are around, it should only be available when they're the last two.  Otherwise have it be active when three or more are around, so that if Jason decides to go on offense, he can be countered by sheer numbers.

35 minutes ago, AldermachXI said:

Just make it so once a counselor has been interacted with, it breaks the stun (for all of them, not just the one being attacked.) Think of it like the sleep mechanic in many games like Ana's dart in Overwatch or when you put a monster to sleep in Monster Hunter. Its a great form of CC but its not meant to make someone completely helpless. 

I still think to solve the problem Jason should just gain stun resistance as the match goes on though. The longer the match, the harder is would be to stun him (yes this may make things like Sucker Punch "mandatory" to some, but isnt that how it is now anyways?) Plus I feel building up a stun resist to a certain cap would help with people almost always getting a sure stun on a Jason when he rages through a door. Fact is, that even when in Rage mode its still better to chop down a door against verterans.

58 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I still think to solve the problem Jason should just gain stun resistance as the match goes on though. The longer the match, the harder is would be to stun him (yes this may make things like Sucker Punch "mandatory" to some, but isnt that how it is now anyways?) Plus I feel building up a stun resist to a certain cap would help with people almost always getting a sure stun on a Jason when he rages through a door. Fact is, that even when in Rage mode its still better to chop down a door against verterans.

I think it should be a minor amount of extra stun resistance gained per stun, combined with a temporary high stun resistance period that cools off. By the end of the match he'd have about 10% more stun resistance overall and after each stun his resistance goes up by 30-50% for a limited time. Just to let you know stun resistance relates to how long each stun is, not the stun chance. Stun chance is determined by weapon stats and nothing else.

6 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Stun chance is determined by weapon stats and nothing else.

I know this. Im one of the people that try to explain that to everyone. Stun chance is tied to Weapons and Sucker Punch. That doesnt negate my point though. I mean yea it'd be nice if as the game went on it was harder and harder to actually stun Jason, but I think with the way things work currently, reducing the time Jason is stunned would suffice for a while until we know if the former is something that could be managed.

I mean lets just look at rage as a concept. When a being is in that state of mind, they become numb to things like pain and so on.  So if we draw a parallel to Jason, wouldnt it make sense for him to be able to become more resilient ?

I really dont have anything surefire. Just a spitball idea that seems plausible.

12 minutes ago, ThePunkPirate said:

I mean lets just look at rage as a concept. When a being is in that state of mind, they become numb to things like pain and so on.  So if we draw a parallel to Jason, wouldnt it make sense for him to be able to become more resilient ?

Well if we want to get nitpicky, we could say that the brain doesn't care how much pain tolerance or adrenaline you have, it's gonna get knocked out when hit with enough force. MMA fighters get knocked out despite their profession, so from one point of view it makes sense to keep the system the same.

1 minute ago, NoOneK9503 said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, @ThePunkPirate As far as I know, the Stun Resistance stat determines if Jason is more susceptible to stuns or not. And stun duration too.

Last time I ran tests it was only duration, most easily tested using Pt9. However that was several patches ago when they were messing with stun times in general. Remember they shortened them and then lengthened them again. Like I said its been a while but from what I can tell off of just playing and not testing, it doesnt even seem as potent of an advantage as it use to.

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

The 13th stun in a match should automatically trigger rage.

Also I think when Jason loses his makes their should be a huge spike in fear. He is one ugly S.O.B.

15 minutes ago, GrandMoff said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned.

The 13th stun in a match should automatically trigger rage.

Also I think when Jason loses his makes their should be a huge spike in fear. He is one ugly S.O.B.

That's an interesting idea, and I've never seen it suggested before. I think he's probably already in rage at that point though. If not, he's really close to getting it.

well I just picked 13 as a theme, but maybe it should be lower. 8? Or # of stuns in a specific time frame.

41 minutes ago, GrandMoff said:

well I just picked 13 as a theme, but maybe it should be lower. 8? Or # of stuns in a specific time frame.

The 13 is the part I liked though lol

Realistically it's already sort of built that way. Every hit gets him a little closer to rage.

As I've said in a few other threads, there is a better way to fix chain stuns. Just give him "god frames" after the stun. Only enough that he can take a couple steps or initiate combat stance/morph/shift. He only needs enough time to get out of the situation or block. Anything more would be too OP. This is the only way to keep the balance while solving the issue. Any other suggestion I've seen so far would disrupt the balance.

• Thanks 1

I personally would like to see a diminishing return put into the stuns. Like World of Warcraft pvp, if you try chain stun, after each stun within a consecutive amount of time, the stun timer cuts down drastically until you become immune for about 10 seconds or so. 

I personally haven't experienced too much chain stunning, but I've been part of teams that just cc'd Jason so much they'd rage quit. So I could see how frustrating it can be.