DorianRo

Will they take Chain Stunning away? Its GAME OVER for the counselor's if they do

If so, I think its officially "game over" for the counselors.  Even the most veteran 130 plus counselors won't stand much of a chance.  The only weakness with Jason now is getting pussified with the power hits/Chain Stunning by power players 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

If in chain stunning you mean no stun immunity for Jason when Jason can move again, I hope they get rid of it, and I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. If you mean getting wailed on by three BatChads while you try to grab them, then that's on your part. Morph or shift away and pick them off from a distance with knives, or stalk and shift grab, mashing the choke or head punch kill.

On 20/02/2018 at 2:34 AM, RampageRhino said:

Jason has a 3 second window after a melee weapon induced stun before he is able to be stunned by another melee weapon, anyone saying otherwise just had too much pride to morph in that window and decided to block which doesnt end well when multiple swings are down on you and then proceeded to lie saying it was caused by this fabled mechanic rather than their own refusal to morph, so yeah it doesnt exist whatsoever you can try and hit him all you want with a bat within those 3 seconds and it will do jack, people here have just been running their mouth without caring to test it.

14 minutes ago, DorianRo said:

If so, I think its officially "game over" for the counselors.  Even the most veteran 130 plus counselors won't stand much of a chance.  The only weakness with Jason now is getting pussified with the power hits/Chain Stunning by power players 

Chain-stunning doesn't need to be removed entirely but it definitely needs to be limited. As it is, it borders on being an exploit as opposed to honest gameplay.

• Like 7

Demasking Jason is just as easy.

I have no issues with rebalancing the demasking and giving Jason godframes post stun.

Part 9 would probably be the easiest to unmask, but under a rebalanced formula, far more difficult.

Jason can't be everywhere at once. Grouping up against Jason means people aren't bothering with other objectives. Perhaps if people weren't so keen on gangbanging him or only trying for one objective. He wouldn't be in the same place at all times, because outside of stuns. His greatest weakness is he can't be everywhere all at once, regardless of what map it is and the only Jason that really can be everywhere at once is Part 2, but his weaknesses make up for it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Jason can't be everywhere at once. Grouping up against Jason means people aren't bothering with other objectives. Perhaps if people weren't so keen on gangbanging him or only trying for one objective. He wouldn't be in the same place at all times, because outside of stuns. His greatness weakness is he can't be everywhere all at once, regardless of what map it is and the only Jason that really can be everywhere at once is Part 2, but his weaknesses make up for it.

Unless they're gangbanging him outside the repaired phone fuse while the call is trying to get off.

Do you really think that chain stunning is something that most experienced players rely on to survive? 

I can easily survive Jason without having to chain stun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gummybish said:

Do you really think that chain stunning is something that most experienced players rely on to survive? 

Thank you, exactly!

Chain stun is exploiting a major weakness in the Jason model, if done right the Jason player is helpless until someone screws up timing on a weapon. Or they all break. If you're dependant on that to survive, you probably are dead meat if you have to play the game without it. The rest of us will be fine, thanks.

• Like 1

I love people that think chain stunning and constantly attacking Jason is a viable strategy. They are so adorable when all of their weapons are broken and they haven't done any objectives.

• Thanks 2

From my experience since playing the game since the digital release back on May 26 of last year, the only people who exploit chain stunning are the same players who trash talk, don't take care of objectives because the only objective they have is to exploit how easy it is to chain stun him and trash talk. They are the same people who do nothing productive all match and will combat stance Jason through partially or full solid doors. I am not sure about the immunity time between normal melee stuns but if a counselor pocket knifes jason and waits until he pulls it out and his arm goes down, before the Jason player has control of Jason again the counselor can time their melee hit and chain stun him before he even can do anything.

It is a cheap tactic that useless people exploit

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Fighting Jason has value beyond teabagging him. If you want to kill him, hitting him while he is recovering from various stuns is great. You can also buy more time for an objective to be repaired/police to be called this way. But yeah, people who seek out Jason, actively seeking out confrontation for any purpose beyond demasking/killing him are not contributing to the team in any way. They're just giving him rage faster.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

Fighting Jason has value beyond teabagging him. If you want to kill him, hitting him while he is recovering from various stuns is great. You can also buy more time for an objective to be repaired/police to be called this way. But yeah, people who seek out Jason, actively seeking out confrontation for any purpose beyond demasking/killing him are not contributing to the team in any way. They're just giving him rage faster.

For learning purposes, I think dedicating time to solely fighting Jason is hugely beneficial. You learn more from dying in combat with Jason than you do from escaping. Anyone can hitch a ride or sneak out the police exit, but not everyone can handle Jason in any situation and survive. Proficiency in combat is the only way to be prepared for that. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

For learning purposes, I think dedicating time to solely fighting Jason is hugely beneficial. You learn more from dying in combat with Jason than you do from escaping. Anyone can hitch a ride or sneak out the police exit, but not everyone can handle Jason in any situation and survive. Proficiency in combat is the only way to be prepared for that. 

Sure, it improves your skills but at the cost of losing the match and impacting your team negatively. I'd just pick a combat character, play normally and then fight when Jason goes for you.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

Sure, it improves your skills but at the cost of losing the match and impacting your team negatively. I'd just pick a combat character, play normally and then fight when Jason goes for you.

The thing is there is no way to learn combat as counselor outside of just taking Jason on every match. Provided you have the correct knowledge to base your playing on, good technique can be learned quite quickly. But the players who only ever take Jason on when they need to will always be disadvantaged and never progress to the point where they can actually do it and consistently survive. It should be the first thing everyone learns basically. From there, they can rely on this skill in their strategy in the match.

Since Jason can break any "chain" stun after the second stun, I don't see why it needs to be removed. Sure, the free hit after a pocket knife removal should be removed, but otherwise nothing needs to be changed about stuns.

13 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Demasking Jason is just as easy.

I have no issues with rebalancing the demasking and giving Jason godframes post stun.

Part 9 would probably be the easiest to unmask, but under a rebalanced formula, far more difficult.

Jason can't be everywhere at once. Grouping up against Jason means people aren't bothering with other objectives. Perhaps if people weren't so keen on gangbanging him or only trying for one objective. He wouldn't be in the same place at all times, because outside of stuns. His greatest weakness is he can't be everywhere all at once, regardless of what map it is and the only Jason that really can be everywhere at once is Part 2, but his weaknesses make up for it.

That's why when ever the other group is trying to kill,troll or do what ever to Jason, I always go and fix things

The cars, the Phone and the Electrical boxes.

Kind of a good tactic if you aren't doing it just for trolling

The other way to fix it is simply allow Jason to Morph or Shift in his stun state. Problem solved. When he comes out of the Morph or Shift, he's still stunned for however long the stun is.

I still don't think that's a cure all though.

18 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

The other way to fix it is simply allow Jason to Morph or Shift in his stun state. Problem solved. When he comes out of the Morph or Shift, he's still stunned for however long the stun is.

I disagree with that as it can lead to a morph or shift during sweater stun. Not cool. 

I think chain stunning needs to be worked on for sure. Like any change or update, players adapt. Use perks for longer stuns if you need. Learn the new timing so you are able to regroup and get objectives fixed. Don't rely on chain stunning as its a cheap tactic anyway.

I rarely agree with @Gummybish and @Tommy86, but they made good points here. Work on your actual combat skills, or work with people that have them if you are a fixer. All it means to remove is this is learning the new system, adapting, and once again, using teamwork

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

The thing is there is no way to learn combat as counselor outside of just taking Jason on every match. Provided you have the correct knowledge to base your playing on, good technique can be learned quite quickly. But the players who only ever take Jason on when they need to will always be disadvantaged and never progress to the point where they can actually do it and consistently survive. It should be the first thing everyone learns basically. From there, they can rely on this skill in their strategy in the match.

Offline/Private Counselor Mode, public domain property.

The thread is in suggestion/feedback section of the forum, basically this is my suggestion for how counselor players can learn combat and not be pissing all over someone else's game. An outlet for PvP, and bad impulses is needed, why not this outlet? If you have any suggestions feel free to add them to the thread.

17 hours ago, DorianRo said:

If so, I think its officially "game over" for the counselors.  Even the most veteran 130 plus counselors won't stand much of a chance. 

:huh:

Those of us "veterans" that have been playing since digital launch or even before probably amounts to more than 130 people. LOL. I will say that in the groups of experienced players I game with, we don't really have an issue. Chain stunning simply doesn't slow Jason down sufficiently to prevent counselor deaths against Jasons who know what they are doing.

17 hours ago, Gummybish said:

Agreed. Very good players don't need chain stunning to have a high survival chance.

16 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

From my experience since playing the game since the digital release back on May 26 of last year, the only people who exploit chain stunning are the same players who trash talk, don't take care of objectives because the only objective they have is to exploit how easy it is to chain stun him and trash talk.

Yeah this tends to be pretty common. There are quite a few people who play by a few cheap tactics/exploitable mechanics and become handicapped when those mechanics change. Being a well-rounded player makes you more survivable than any other single purpose tactic.

3 hours ago, Alkavian said:

probably amounts to more than 130 people.

Think he meant level 130, because there was way more than 130 people in beta for sure

itd be more fair if things like this were related to lv, so that thered be more reason to level.

6 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Not a bad idea there!