Super Ty

Do we have any Jason cosplayers here?

Here is my pt. 8 I am working on. It's also my profile pic. It isn't done yet, but I am also working on a Pt. 6 as well.

mikjas.jpg

mikjas1.jpg

Well , I would like to Cosplay as Jason but I am afraid it would look terrible. I am very slim and I think my Long hair could hinder me with the mask/face or so (but there is also a Comic Jason with Long hair...soooo….)

I wonder if anyone did a Part IX Cosplay.....it is Pretty hard to do that one.

And wow , here are awesome Pictures!

4 hours ago, The Wolf with that Toast said:

Well , I would like to Cosplay as Jason but I am afraid it would look terrible. I am very slim and I think my Long hair could hinder me with the mask/face or so (but there is also a Comic Jason with Long hair...soooo….)

I wonder if anyone did a Part IX Cosplay.....it is Pretty hard to do that one.

And wow , here are awesome Pictures!

Heyy Wolf, I have long hair down to the middle of my back and I sport the hood mask with no problem! The hair is just tucked down and the hood mask and shirt hide it all. Don't use a pony tail though as it can leave a lump, I tried that test already. lol

20170218_003511_zpsveaeiing.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tjodalv666 said:

Heyy Wolf, I have long hair down to the middle of my back and I sport the hood mask with no problem! The hair is just tucked down and the hood mask and shirt hide it all. Don't use a pony tail though as it can leave a lump, I tried that test already. lol 

Oh , thanks man! 

@Tjodalv666 That second made me crack up lol

Jason has no business using a computer!

One thing I noticed with those test pics was that the hood cowl only goes so far, so when I put the shirt on and leave the top part unbuttoned (doesn't have it buttoned in the movie, a part of my actual chest shows. So I actually had to go back and add an extra button a little above the other button just to cover it up. The results are pretty darn good. check it out.

m9HziQO.jpg

On 6/21/2018 at 11:21 AM, Tjodalv666 said:

Here is my pt. 8 I am working on. It's also my profile pic. It isn't done yet, but I am also working on a Pt. 6 as well.

mikjas.jpg

mikjas1.jpg

That's awesome! What kind of material did you use to create the "bottom of Crystal Lake wet" look of the shirt? (Provided you didn't actually hose yourself down for the photo. ?)

I used clear silicone caulk and a caulk gun. I was thinking of making a quick tutorial video on YouTube showing how to apply it.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tjodalv666 said:

I used clear silicone caulk and a caulk gun. I was thinking of making a quick tutorial video on YouTube showing how to apply it.

That would great, post a link here if you decide to go through with the tutorial. I honestly liked the supernatural feel of Jason 8's constant "from the lake" look in that film.

This and pt. 6 are my absolute favorites. Pt. 8 being the all time fav. : D iI would NOT recommend wearing this cosplay during the summer, as the silicone holds all of the heat in. I am getting this done early enough in time for monster mania in march of '19 where it will be cold as hell.

I'm excited to announce that I just ordered a Part 3 hood and some Part V chevron stickers. The hood was $97 and the stickers were $4. I also ordered one of those cheap, plastic Walmart Jason masks. I couldn't afford to get everything professional. I'm also expecting a Michael Myers costume, so I can swap it back and forth for Roy since he wore cover alls too 

On June 21, 2018 at 4:21 PM, Tjodalv666 said:

mikjas.jpg

mikjas1.jpg

This is awesome bro! I was thinking of cosplaying as either Jason or Mike Myers for a Halloween party that's coming up in October(duh). I'm debating wether to cosplay as part 2 Jason or part 9 Jason.

My minds not made up if I'm going or not though.

I'll post some pictures if i decide to go.

Thanks for the advice @Tjodalv666.

• Like 1

I'm going to put the chevrons on the cheap Jason mask and wear it with the hood. I'm also expecting a Michael Myers costume. It came with a mask, but I ordered a mask separate that's the Don Post 2007 Rob Zombie mask. 

Get your mask at fiberglassmasks.com. they are amazing! I already have a pt. 2 cosplay done that I wore to scare trick r treaters this past halloween. The hood I made at home with painters tarp (after running it through the wash with fabric sofenter) and the weathered flannel and overalls. I have pics of it on my computer at home, but I was thinking of taking some fresh pics that I will post on here. Once I get all of these done, I'm going to get mannequins to display them proidly. : )

• Thanks 1

Here is my pt. 2!

clbVN9P.jpg

On 6/22/2018 at 7:58 PM, Freddie Mercury said:

This is awesome bro! I was thinking of cosplaying as either Jason or Mike Myers for a Halloween party that's coming up in October(duh). I'm debating wether to cosplay as part 2 Jason or part 9 Jason.

Pt. 2 Jason is EASY! Just get a pair of overalls, a flannel and a makeshift hood! 60 bucks tops!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Freddie Mercury said:

May I recommend Part IX? You would sure look freaking unique!

But if you decide to go as Part 2 , I think the pillow Thing also does a good Job (I think he actually wore one in the movie).

Me about 10 years ago. Made everything except the hockey mask blank (ordered it and painted it myself) and the undermask (hood/cowl). My son wore it last year for Halloween. He looks better in it than I did.

2eukci8.jpg

On 6/22/2018 at 2:58 PM, Freddie Mercury said:

It all depends. I think Jason Pt. 2 is rather easy to assemble and can be put together in one afternoon. Whereas the Pt. 9 Jason...looking into a little more fabricating. I think personally I myself wouldn't want to attempt that one only because the mask and hood mask would be rather difficult to try and replicate. I like going for as screen accurate as possible. Sadly there are a lot of cheapo hood masks that pass off as pt. 9 hood...case in point, this abomination...

pCMVtpu.jpg

or this...

gafbtJW.jpg

Then you have the other cheapo's that people on ebay try to sucker people into getting...

ZXwqtam.jpg

D2SKI7Q.jpg

Avoid these at all costs!!

I would HIGHLY recommend if wanting to pull Jason off as best as possible, go the extra mile, spend the extra cash and support independent studios who pour their heart and soul and love into replicating the originals and come out looking damn awesome. : D

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tjodalv666 said:

It all depends. I think Jason Pt. 2 is rather easy to assemble and can be put together in one afternoon. Whereas the Pt. 9 Jason...looking into a little more fabricating. I think personally I myself wouldn't want to attempt that one only because the mask and hood mask would be rather difficult to try and replicate. I like going for as screen accurate as possible. Sadly there are a lot of cheapo hood masks that pass off as pt. 9 hood...case in point, this abomination...

pCMVtpu.jpg

or this...

gafbtJW.jpg

Then you have the other cheapo's that people on ebay try to sucker people into getting...

ZXwqtam.jpg

D2SKI7Q.jpg

Avoid these at all costs!!

I would HIGHLY recommend if wanting to pull Jason off as best as possible, go the extra mile, spend the extra cash and support independent studios who pour their heart and soul and love into replicating the originals and come out looking damn awesome. : D

I agree. I got my Blank Hock from FrightStuff and I ordered my undermask from Devil's Latex.

7 minutes ago, BrokenFattHardy said:

I agree. I got my Blank Hock from FrightStuff and I ordered my undermask from Devil's Latex.

Yup! I got my hood from Devil's Latex also. Getting my Pt. 6 hood and Pt. 8 rotted forearms from DT as well! Steve does an amazing job!

My hock for my Jason cosplay hasn't came in the mail yet, but here's my cosplaying as Michael Myers. I'm a first timer, so no judgment please XD 

1 hour ago, deathbat96777 said:

My hock for my Jason cosplay hasn't came in the mail yet, but here's my cosplaying as Michael Myers. I'm a first timer, so no judgment please XD  Ah , damn it!

I am just kidding , it was Pretty good. Only the Jumpsuit bothers me. It could really be darker. Maybe paint it.

I literally had to squeeze into it. Whenever I bent over to pick up the mask from under the shed, the thigh ripped. I'm going to have to buy real coveralls because I'm too thick. It was supposed to be an adult sized costume but it definitely wasn't 

My mask came via UPS!!!! Here's some pictures 

NG0uJ1.jpg

0vozCv.jpg

2s76nc.jpg2UGnyf.jpgthe hood is "The Brute" from DSS Masks.