Super Ty

Do we have any Jason cosplayers here?

Title says it all. If you’re a cosplayer, post you’re pics here, I would love to see them!

Wow, that Roy is fantastic @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow! I'm actually part of a horror costume group, we have a Jason and a Savini Jason! And I'm working on making a Roy for somebody at the moment (a super budget build though, so I doubt it'll look anywhere near as good as that). The paint is literally drying on the mask right now!

I'd share pics of the others, but I'm not really sure if I should, since I neither made them nor wear them.

56 minutes ago, Veevleigh said:

Wow, that Roy is fantastic @VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow! I'm actually part of a horror costume group, we have a Jason and a Savini Jason! And I'm working on making a Roy for somebody at the moment (a super budget build though, so I doubt it'll look anywhere near as good as that). The paint is literally drying on the mask right now!

I'd share pics of the others, but I'm not really sure if I should, since I neither made them nor wear them.

Just give credit to the appropriate person(s) and post them. :)

Okay lol. They're not the best pics, the best I could grab off Facebook quickly.

This is my friend James as his Jason, which is really a sort of his own mix of a few different zombie Jasons:

rdSS0If.jpg

And this is my friend Rich's Savini Jason, with an edit done by another friend of mine, Wilson:

ubvZZPD.jpg

Sadly I couldn't find a full body pic of Savini Jason, which is a shame because I know people would love it here!

• Like 1

Here's 'my' Roy costume. I say 'my' in that I made it all (on an extreme budget, the entire thing cost me under £25). Here it's being worn by my friend's (who does regular Jason I shared up above) son. He's been having some problems at school lately being bullied and loves costuming, so I thought asking him to model the costume I just made (and letting him wear it at events) might do him some good (although it was designed for anybody to wear, so is a little big for him).

q4SZ77w.jpg

CDUeDvy.jpg

The mask was hand painted by me, from a cheap Jason mask off eBay (I had to a complete repaint, and had to do the chevrons by hand, I'm not super happy with them, but I think the 'rough' look kind of suits horror anyway). I want to coat it with something to keep the paint from chipping and give it a shiny look. The bald hood is actually a cheap latex 'bald headed thug' over the head mask I found on eBay, and then I cut out the face, and the coveralls are just a rough pair of second hand coveralls I picked up for dirt cheap, as they had the worn look I was going for. (Sadly they had a company logo on the back that I removed, but it left a rough mark, but again, for a rough looking character, hopefully it doesn't matter too much).

• Like 1

I'd post one of me,but the site won't let me post pics anymore.I got a message saying i should contact one of the Mods,and i did,but it's been almost a week and no reply.

6 hours ago, JF13 said:

I'd post one of me,but the site won't let me post pics anymore.I got a message saying i should contact one of the Mods,and i did,but it's been almost a week and no reply.

Oh that sucks, are you uploading straight from your personal files onto the site? Have you reached your memory limit? If that's the case then that's why you can't upload anymore files. I'd suggest signing up to imagur.com - upload your images there then copy the url link of your pictures into your post. That way you can post as many pics as you want.

Also if you want a helping hand, send me a PM if your interested. I can send you my email address and you can send me the picture you can't upload. I will then post it here on your behalf. A little complicated I know, but that's probably the only other way round your problem if you can't fix it at the minute.

On February 23, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Super Ty said:

Title says it all. If you’re a cosplayer, post you’re pics here, I would love to see them!

Ooh , is that a (friendly ) CHALLENGE ? 'cause my Halloween  Horror display would floor you. Jasons Shack in the woods, Pamela , head and all with candles and sweater, Friday the 13th on monitor and fog, lights, i mean , it's nothing others haven't done , but I likey !! 

3 hours ago, Billabong506 said:

Ooh , is that a (friendly ) CHALLENGE ? 'cause my Halloween  Horror display would floor you. Jasons Shack in the woods, Pamela , head and all with candles and sweater, Friday the 13th on monitor and fog, lights, i mean , it's nothing others haven't done , but I likey !! 

That sounds awesome! You should definitely share!

5 hours ago, a kamikaze man said:

Oh that sucks, are you uploading straight from your personal files onto the site? Have you reached your memory limit? If that's the case then that's why you can't upload anymore files. I'd suggest signing up to imagur.com - upload your images there then copy the url link of your pictures into your post. That way you can post as many pics as you want.

Also if you want a helping hand, send me a PM if your interested. I can send you my email address and you can send me the picture you can't upload. I will then post it here on your behalf. A little complicated I know, but that's probably the only other way round your problem if you can't fix it at the minute.

Ah,i see.No,that's okay.I just won't post pics anymore.But thanks for the kind offer.

6 hours ago, Billabong506 said:

I think everyone would love to see that!

Well , I'm on disability and have no camera , maybe we can find a member in Pittsburgh area , to come take photos ?  Can I start a thread about that ?  I'm a real Savini fan and have his autograph . No big whoop , just sayin'. 

On 2/24/2018 at 2:33 PM, Veevleigh said:

Here's 'my' Roy costume. I say 'my' in that I made it all (on an extreme budget, the entire thing cost me under £25). Here it's being worn by my friend's (who does regular Jason I shared up above) son. He's been having some problems at school lately being bullied and loves costuming, so I thought asking him to model the costume I just made (and letting him wear it at events) might do him some good (although it was designed for anybody to wear, so is a little big for him).

q4SZ77w.jpg

CDUeDvy.jpg

The mask was hand painted by me, from a cheap Jason mask off eBay (I had to a complete repaint, and had to do the chevrons by hand, I'm not super happy with them, but I think the 'rough' look kind of suits horror anyway). I want to coat it with something to keep the paint from chipping and give it a shiny look. The bald hood is actually a cheap latex 'bald headed thug' over the head mask I found on eBay, and then I cut out the face, and the coveralls are just a rough pair of second hand coveralls I picked up for dirt cheap, as they had the worn look I was going for. (Sadly they had a company logo on the back that I removed, but it left a rough mark, but again, for a rough looking character, hopefully it doesn't matter too much).

Looks good, and kudos to you for helping out your friends son. It’s good for him to see that there are kind people out there, much respect!

20 hours ago, Billabong506 said:

Well , I'm on disability and have no camera , maybe we can find a member in Pittsburgh area , to come take photos ?  Can I start a thread about that ?  I'm a real Savini fan and have his autograph . No big whoop , just sayin'. 

I say start one. I would love to do it, but that’s a bit too far for me lol.

26 minutes ago, Super Ty said:

Looks good, and kudos to you for helping out your friends son. It’s good for him to see that there are kind people out there, much respect!

Thank you :)

I actually improved the mask a little after that initial photoshoot. I decided the chevrons were too small and messy so tried to improve them, but haven't got any shots of anybody wearing it yet with the improved mask.

3 hours ago, Kawasaki Teriyaki Anarchy said:

Its nothing too impressive but here is my FvJ Jason cosplay, it was super low budget and made in a week... currently working on a Part 6 Jason cosplay that will be a lot better hahaha

19489416_1819550618358166_619085963_n.jpg

That looks pretty good for something thrown together quickly! Love the grime on the mask! Get yourself a hood/undermask and you'd have a pretty good costume there!

Here's a pic of my updated Roy (on a different model this time as my friend's son wasn't available, he's a little larger and probably better suited to the build to be honest):

F5Fbdgx.jpg

I enlarged and neatened the chevrons a little. Since I took these photos, I managed to remove the lower snaps too, fill them in and paint over them, making it more accurate to Roy's mask. I know there's some debate about the colour of his coveralls, but I think they're green, and I actually really like how worn these old second hand coveralls look, even if they aren't quite accurate (the pockets are completely wrong).

This side shot shows off the cheap latex 'thug' mask we were using as a hood/undermask too, and I actually think it does a pretty good job for Roy's head without having to shell out for an accurate Jason hood.

QF6a9tF.jpg

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I thought you guys might get a kick out of these edits I did. Firstly, Roy 'in game' (with yet another repaint on the mask, finally happy with it now):

fkVsHVm.jpg

and Savini Jason (not made by me, but I did the edit):

sqk7buZ.png