Should Pinehurst Small Be Added?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Pinehurst Small?

• Yes
    • No

Some people have mentioned this before but I want to see how many players really want Pinehurst Small. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Pinehurst it's one of my favorites and they did an amazing job on it but the only issue I have with it, is that it is way too big. It's so hard to get around and difficult when the lobby doesn't fill up all the way and you only have about 4-5 counselors on one big map. It gives Jason a big advantage.

I hope that they do not make any more small maps. But, that is just my opinion. I'm sure that it will probably happen at some point.

• Like 3

The small maps overwhemingly favour counselors and the post-release large maps overwhelmingly favour Jason (and not in a good way). I feel that the original three are the only well balanced maps.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

The small maps overwhemingly favour counselors and the post-release large maps overwhelmingly favour Jason (and not in a good way). I feel that the original three are the only well balanced maps.

They just need to alter item spawn depending on the maps... the Devs don't understand what a simple resolution is.

More space = more items.

Less space = less items.

• Like 3

I’m new to the game. Purchased on Steam in November... I love Pinehurst but I find smaller versions of other maps make it better for survival. Quicker games too. 

When the game launched in May, were small maps always there for pacanack etc? Or were they on updates? 

5 minutes ago, Man Behind the Mask said:

I’m new to the game. Purchased on Steam in November... I love Pinehurst but I find smaller versions of other maps make it better for survival. Quicker games too. 

When the game launched in May, were small maps always there for pacanack etc? Or were they on updates? 

Released later. August maybe?

Edit: august 28th 3 small maps released. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

No.  I hate small maps with a passion!:angry:

Interesting. Why? As both a counselor AND as Jason?

4 minutes ago, Cokeyskunk said:

Interesting. Why? As both a counselor AND as Jason?

As both yes.  They are too claustrophobic. They are a nightmare for Jason and just not very fun IMO as a counselor.  I can live with playing them when there are less than 6 people in a lobby and I'll play with them against bots for some quick xp grinding but that's it.  When I'm host I'll cycle through all the big maps and will not willingly choose a small one.

1 minute ago, Vaderspupil said:

As both yes.  They are too claustrophobic. They are a nightmare for Jason and just not very fun IMO as a counselor.  I can live with playing them when there are less than 6 people in a lobby and I'll play with them against bots for some quick xp grinding but that's it.  When I'm host I'll cycle through all the big maps and will not willingly choose a small one.

Interesting. I always actually kind of preferred the smaller maps, as it seemed a bit easier to evade Jason by keeping an eye on the map or communicating heavily with the walkie. Also, repairs seemed less daunting, as you don't have to traverse the entire map. (Seems I've been finding the propeller on the opposite side of the map of the boat quite frequently these days.)

But interesting to hear that take on it. 

5 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

When I'm host I'll cycle through all the big maps and will not willingly choose a small one.

If you already cycle through the large maps, then would it really make a difference to you if they added more small maps?

5 hours ago, Rexfellis said:

I hope that they do not make any more small maps. But, that is just my opinion. I'm sure that it will probably happen at some point.

Me neither..  Hell i wish they never released any SMALL maps in the 1st place.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Truth said:

If you already cycle through the large maps, then would it really make a difference to you if they added more small maps?

Well it really wouldn't be  any skin off my back since I refuse to do QP.  Still, since I've been given the option to vote here, I'd rather not have any more small maps cluttering things up.

I would rather have new maps than more small, I don't care for the small maps in general, they can be a nice change but over all they don't add anything. They don't need to be removed or anything, just adding more takes away from adding something new. Something new can bring back old players, and hook new players (or fans of the later movies).

One day a year or two down the road I'd like to see all the maps connect, unless the small maps that are introduced are new, we'll just be doubling up more than the three we have. So if a small map were to be introduced that is new, say a town map, I'd be all over it, but a rehash of Pinehurst isn't exciting. Add bikes to make traveling around big maps easier, the dirt bike could work for Pinehurst. The game needs new things, and places.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Well it really wouldn't be  any skin off my back since I refuse to do QP.  Still, since I've been given the option to vote here, I'd rather not have any more small maps cluttering things up.

Fair enough. Whether we get more small maps or not, I'd like to see "random large" and "random small" options in addition to the "random" option we have now. I feel like that would solve a lot of problems.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Truth said:

Fair enough. Whether we get more small maps or not, I'd like to see "random large" and "random small" options in addition to the "random" option we have now. I feel like that would solve a lot of problems.

Now that's an idea I can get behind.  I don't like to do random map because more often than not, it will select a small map.

2 minutes ago, Vaderspupil said:

Now that's an idea I can get behind.  I don't like to do random map because more often than not, it will select a small map.

Exactly. Plus it wouldn't matter to the people that don't like the small maps if they added more. You just choose "random large" and you'll never even know they existed. Everyone's a winner!

I like PineHurst but this is a hard map to play with randoms.  Too often nothing gets done on this map and I do everything to help escape.  I either get out on boat or pray someone calls the cops.  I don't think I have even started the car on this map.

No 

I like it how it is 

1 hour ago, Xaeroh said:

Pinehurst Small would just be the house

exactly

47 minutes ago, SnakeSound222 said:

No more heavily counselor favored maps, please. At least Jarvis House and Pinehurst can be fixed easily.

I played the other night with 3 friends. One of them was Jason twice, but only in Higgins Small.  I felt bad for him since that is about the easiest map in the game for counselors.  he managed to get a decent amount of kills in one of the 2 games, but those maps are brutal for a Jason player. The random spawn of items can mean a car is started before jason has his 2nd teleport up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IronCatFish said:

I like PineHurst but this is a hard map to play with randoms.  Too often nothing gets done on this map and I do everything to help escape.  I either get out on boat or pray someone calls the cops.  I don't think I have even started the car on this map.

Same with the Jarvis map. I don't think I've ever seen someone escape with the car, and I know I've never started it. I've probably only survived on Pinehurst like twice...

Sure. Wouldn't mind seeing Jarvis House and Pinehurst Small.

Devs basically said no more "small" versions of maps once Jarvis House came out though. They said they weren't doing Jarvis House Small. So I doubt they do Pinehurst.

Things like that can always change though. Especially with demand.

• Like 1