Should Pinehurst Small Be Added?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Pinehurst Small?

• Yes
    • No

why not add new maps rather than make different versions of the same maps?

• Like 2

The small maps are garbage, no offense. The only time I find them entertaining is if its a small lobby like a 4v1 match.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, UlfKarl said:

Why not both?

• Thanks 1

Sure why not. I don't mind the small maps tbh.

It'll probably not happen because they said after Jarvis house, they wouldn't be making anymore small maps.

So I doubt it, but anything can happen.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Small maps can be fix just by make parts spawn further away from objectives.

Big maps like Jarvis and Pinehurst can be fix just by spreading out the objectives more and keeping part within the vicinity of 4 cabins. It has less to do with how the land is structure. 

2 hours ago, IronCatFish said:

I like PineHurst but this is a hard map to play with randoms.  Too often nothing gets done on this map and I do everything to help escape.  I either get out on boat or pray someone calls the cops.  I don't think I have even started the car on this map.

Exactly, i've escaped about three times and that's only out of luck. Nobody does anything and that's because they can't because the map is too damn big!

1 hour ago, Truth said:

They have options to make new maps and I bet they are secretly in the making as we speak, but that doesn't mean they can't work on the maps we currently have..

I honestly love small maps because they make the gameplay go more quickly and it actually feels good to play a fixer on those maps.

Pinehurst is pretty much unbearable for me right now unless I'm Jason as I play Deborah Kim 24/7 rn. Characters with low speed and stamina spend entire matches going from the north cabins to the southern cabins and everything is just too spread out including the parts.

If pinehurst was made into a small map I'd honestly start loving to play it as it looks beautiful, but the way it is now makes it unbearable to play for me.

1 hour ago, doitagain said:

The small maps are garbage, no offense. The only time I find them entertaining is if its a small lobby like a 4v1 match.

Exactly why i mentioned it in my post, it's too big for 4-5 people. 

5 minutes ago, Chetork said:

I honestly love small maps because they make the gameplay go more quickly and it actually feels good to play a fixer on those maps.

Pinehurst is pretty much unbearable for me right now unless I'm Jason as I play Deborah Kim 24/7 rn. Characters with low speed and stamina spend entire matches going from the north cabins to the southern cabins and everything is just too spread out including the parts.

If pinehurst was made into a small map I'd honestly start loving to play it as it looks beautiful, but the way it is now makes it unbearable to play for me.

For me to, and it's a shame because it looks so nice but it just feels like everything is not where it's suppose to be. It still gives Jason a huge advantage. I don't see what the big deal about making a small map out of it. If people who play as Jason are worried then trap the hell out of everything...I mean they did lower the pocketknife's.  

13 minutes ago, BangkokHard said:

They have options to make new maps and I bet they are secretly in the making as we speak, but that doesn't mean they can't work on the maps we currently have..

Not sure how you did that, but you misquoted me.

Honestly, I'd rather have a new map that's just smaller.  Pinehurst is fine for what it is, but I'd rather have a delay and then see something new.  

Not knocking the existing Regular or Small maps, but we already have two dedicated "Large" format maps in Jarvis House and Pinehurs; it would be nice to see what they could come up with for a dedicated small map, even if it has to be an original concept not based on any of the lore from the films.  

Not saying we need Jason in an apartment building in Manhattan or anything like that, but maybe the small town outside of the camp from the first film, with a few small buildings/shacks, and a crossroad in the center of town.  We'd be looking at four "larger' buildings, similar in size and scope to the two main buildings on Higgins Haven (one on each corner of the main intersection).  They could be a gas station, store, church, and restaurant.  There could be smaller buildings on the respective lots, and then additional ones surrounding them--I can just imagine a small salvage yard behind the gas station.

Either way, let's leave Pinehurst the way it is.  I look at Jarvis House, and part of the charm of that map is that it comes in only one configuration.  The same goes for Pinehurst.  And a Pinehurst map, with all the water on it as it is, would be a nightmare for counselors on a smaller scale.

5 minutes ago, BangkokHard said:

For me to, and it's a shame because it looks so nice but it just feels like everything is not where it's suppose to be. It still gives Jason a huge advantage. I don't see what the big deal about making a small map out of it. If people who play as Jason are worried then trap the hell out of everything...I mean they did lower the pocketknife's.  

Yeah I find myself consistently getting 7/8 or 8/8s in qp lobbies that choose small maps. I really don't see the problem people have.

Sure counselors have the early game advantage with closer proximity of cabins and objectives. That also means that you have objectives closer to deal with though too and it is easier to spot out counselors as everything is closer. It all comes down to whether Jason traps those objectives or not and if he can knock down the doors fast enough.

1 minute ago, Chetork said:

Yeah I find myself consistently getting 7/8 or 8/8s in qp lobbies that choose small maps. I really don't see the problem people have.

Sure counselors have the early game advantage with closer proximity of cabins and objectives. That also means that you have objectives closer to deal with though too and it is easier to spot out counselors as everything is closer. It all comes down to whether Jason traps those objectives or not and if he can knock down the doors fast enough.

Small map's favor both counselor and Jason. You just have to know how to get around. Everyone is complaining when the main issue is large maps. It favors Jason wayy more.  

6 minutes ago, BangkokHard said:

Small map's favor both counselor and Jason. You just have to know how to get around. Everyone is complaining when the main issue is large maps. It favors Jason wayy more.  

Agreed I don't like Pinehurst and Jarvis House is the worst offender in my opinion. These maps have just contributed more to the Vanessa meta thanks to stamina limitations.

I voted for no on Pinehurst small because I really don't believe it is needed. I understand both sides of the debate here, some people like the smaller maps. Personally, I don't. They feel claustrophobic to me. But, that is just my personal preference. I'm not going to quit a match if a small map comes up, but I'd rather play on the larger ones. I think the Pinehurst and Jarvis maps are fine as they are.

I wouldn't be against a dedicated smaller map option, I just don't think that just condensing existing play spaces is the optimal use for the coders' skills. I like @Bropollocreed79's idea about a small town map. That could be fun and it would definitely offer some much needed variety to this game. I remember a thread in suggestions about a Forest Green town setting rather than the camp. I could get behind that one as well.

Either way, I don't think we are going to see much of anything added for 2+ months. I am just going to enjoy playing matches in the game we have now. ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MichaelMemers said:

The small maps overwhemingly favour counselors and the post-release large maps overwhelmingly favour Jason (and not in a good way). I feel that the original three are the only well balanced maps.

This completely! Large maps are in spirit of the game originally and should be a challenge, counselors are in Jason's territory and should struggle to escape.

4 hours ago, UlfKarl said:

I'd sign that change.org petition.

Seriously guys, on Pinehurst boat is key, rush that objective.  Even if it gets stopped, it's easily swimmable from all sides.

43 minutes ago, Bropollocreed79 said:

I'd sign that change.org petition.

Would you sign one to improve J7? I’ve actually thought about doing it hehe.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, huuru said:

No. They should make extra large version of it :D

THAT. WOULD BE AWESOME.

I hope no more small OR huge maps. The size of the original 3 would be favorable for future map releases in my opinion. That leaves a couple maps easier for counselors, a couple easier on Jason, and the rest would be middling.

• Like 1