The Gunslinger

Here is a thread to show love to the Devs!

Here is a thread to send "Thank you!"s , "I love you guys!"s , and whatever you want to say good about the devs. Thank you so much  @ShiftySamurai  @GunMedia_Ben and other devs for launching and (still) improving this awesome game. I first seen this game on YouTube on Stoiker Kalei's channel. I send "Thank you!" to him too. He made me buy this game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

7 minutes ago, The Gunslinger said:

Here is a thread to send "Thank you!"s , "I love you guys!"s , and whatever you want to say good about the devs. Thank you so much  @ShiftySamurai  @GunMedia_Ben and other devs for launching and (still) improving this awesome game. I first seen this game on YouTube on Stoiker Kalei's channel. I send "Thank you!" to him too. He made me buy this game.

lol...neither Dan or Ben are "devs". They're Community Managers.

But yes, good job on the recent work, Illfonic team! @[IllFonic]Courier @[IllFonic]illwill @Gertz @[Illfonic]Jered Looking forward to the new engine update and what's to come. Game is in a good state right now, despite some lingering bugs. Work on getting those out, and everything will be looking bright for the future.

• Like 1

Good job guys, game is much improved and I'm definitely looking forward to the upcoming content, far cry from how I felt a couple months ago. Good work.

1 hour ago, AldermachXI said:

lol...neither Dan or Ben are "devs". They're Community Managers.

But yes, good job on the recent work, Illfonic team! @[IllFonic]Courier @[IllFonic]illwill @Gertz @[Illfonic]Jered Looking forward to the new engine update and what's to come. Game is in a good state right now, despite some lingering bugs. Work on getting those out, and everything will be looking bright for the future.

Sorry. I didn't knew that. Btw , I only know these two guys names on forums :)

Gracias

Looking forward to the up coming months with all the new stuff on the way.

The game is looking better every time. AWESOME!!!

THANK YOU

I have to admit, I was behind the devs for a long time but some of their recent behavior has left a sour taste in my mouth. They don't listen to the community, and then make sudden, unannounced changes to game mechanics. They add new killers, sure, but they don't work on the core game issues or handle the fact that survivors are overpowered and basically don't even afraid of the killer anymore. Survivors even sabotage my traps right in my face!  And let's not even begin to talk about the flashlight abuse. Then when asked about it on stream they more or less tell us to take a hike. I love this game, I even have all the bloody prestige clothing, but I'm starting to wear thin...

33 minutes ago, Prons said:

I have to admit, I was behind the devs for a long time but some of their recent behavior has left a sour taste in my mouth. They don't listen to the community, and then make sudden, unannounced changes to game mechanics. They add new killers, sure, but they don't work on the core game issues or handle the fact that survivors are overpowered and basically don't even afraid of the killer anymore. Survivors even sabotage my traps right in my face!  And let's not even begin to talk about the flashlight abuse. Then when asked about it on stream they more or less tell us to take a hike. I love this game, I even have all the bloody prestige clothing, but I'm starting to wear thin...

lol DBD player spotted.

What "flashlight abuse"? lol

Organized groups of counselors can be a pain. But can be dealt with if you're an experienced Jason. The key is slashing them and not grabbing. Grabbing = another counselor stunning you and dropping the counselor you had in your grip.

Player "the killer" in this game is still much easier than the loopfest that is DBD. This game is also a lot more fun overall. The only good parts about DBD is the fact that you can hide in plain sight by outsmarting the killer (no Sense), and some of the point breakdowns for teamwork. F13 could use some more incentive for teamwork.

They do listen to the community, or at least they're getting much better at it. The recent patch which made (good) Jason players a threat again was a good start. That's what the community wanted.

• Like 3

After the Jason buffs and grab animation update, my expectations were blow up! Good job, Illfonic team!

Much love to the team especially with the focus on more communication to the community.

Its nice to know what exactly is being worked on and to have an open dialog. Ill will say this though, Im sure theyve heard it before though, be sure that when telling the community things that they are the relatively sooner updates or fixes. Even if its not New Content people rather hear about adjustment or, as proven recently, animations than things that are SO far out in the timeline. 

Yes its nice to have a timeline and to know of some of the ideas to come, BUT I feel they've learn from the whole Paranoia thing that its better to not announce something like that SOOO early.

I feel the team has gotten better at listening to the obvious problems and going back to making what this game was originally envisioned as.  Just know if we didnt like the team, or the game, we wouldnt give you guys such a hard time. We're all fans and just want the game to be great (some of us just go about it expressing ourselves the wrong way :P)

I will say this: I have an appreciation for the restrained, measured approach they're taking to tuning.  The decision to overhaul the engine ostensibly put off a lot of other side projects (including dedicated servers), but in terms of the overall health of the game, it was definitely the right move.  You don't rebuild a new house on a crumbling foundation and hope for the best.

The recent changes to Jason (increased speed and trap loadout) have been amazing, even if the community didn't overtly clamor for those changes.  There's also the little things, like the recently announced tweak to the grab animation (which looks infinitely better, well done!).  Again, I understand the frustration of the player base when it comes to some of the things that have been a long time in the making, like dedicated servers, but coming from other gaming experiences where development teams are too reactionary to criticism, or outright tone deaf, this has been exponentially better.

17 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

In THIS video (timestamp attacked) you can see RUDE YOUTHS abuse the poor Jason by stealing his FPS with their flashlights.

To put it simply, "flashlight abuse".

17 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

lol DBD player spotted.

Organized groups of counselors can be a pain. But can be dealt with if you're an experienced Jason. The key is slashing them and not grabbing. Grabbing = another counselor stunning you and dropping the counselor you had in your grip.

Player "the killer" in this game is still much easier than the loopfest that is DBD. This game is also a lot more fun overall. The only good parts about DBD is the fact that you can hide in plain sight by outsmarting the killer (no Sense), and some of the point breakdowns for teamwork. F13 could use some more incentive for teamwork.

They do listen to the community, or at least they're getting much better at it. The recent patch which made (good) Jason players a threat again was a good start. That's what the community wanted.

Garbage. Slashing is the novice approach to this game and gains you about the same results. It is as simple of a concept to understand as animation length. Slashing = immediate stun if the counselors have any idea of what they're doing. You cannot stop the counterhit.

1 hour ago, Boostio said:

In THIS video (timestamp attacked) you can see RUDE YOUTHS abuse the poor Jason by stealing his FPS with their flashlights.

To put it simply, "flashlight abuse".

You rely on that jackass for info/tactics/entertainment?

Sad. 

6 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Garbage. Slashing is the novice approach to this game and gains you about the same results. It is as simple of a concept to understand as animation length. Slashing = immediate stun if the counselors have any idea of what they're doing. You cannot stop the counterhit.

We know Tommy. Thing is, very few counselors DO counter hit. Most don't even use combat stance. And also, in the long run, it can be worth taking a stun as Jason in order to get the counselor limping. You know how many times I've hit a counselor and got stunned by a counter hit after? Plenty...But that counselor is still limping now, and therefore not getting very far.

Most of us do just fine without those video guides you keep saying you're gonna post.

Just worry about you. No one cares what you think you know.

• Thanks 1

No doubt, thanks for making a great game! Flashlight abuse? Really??? More like a gang of tide pod eaters, and the ever exploit user ganging up on Roy. I sincerely hope the flashlights had nothing to do with Roy's issues in that game. We've all faced groups of counselors with their flashlights in our faces, come on!

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Why the slashing hate? In that video, a prime example of Pap's games. Surround yourself with others to help you attack Jason's flank, and listen to your orders. In THAT situation, yeah slashing counterhits are gonna happen. But, what would you do? Morph away, try to pick away at them? Nah! Grab and get stomped? Nah! Keep moving, separate the heard and attack with your weapon swing gets you beat as well. But, Aside from blocking to break their wepons. What other options do you see? That group was working off his orders, and unless you take him out of the equation what other options do you see there? I mean, I'd love to see him in that Roy's situation. I'm sure he has ways of exploiting as Jason too, or "tech" I believe they say. But, I can't honestly think of anything other than blocking and striking in that situation. Well, that doesn't involve advanced "tech". Maybe I'm blind, or have more important things to do with my time than devote needless energy into finding ways of abusing the gameplay mechanics.  @Tommy86I'm not directing those comments at you, I'm sincerely asking what you would do in that situation. I DON'T like or condone the "tech" he puts out to the masses, and the comment he made about  @AldermachXI's children being as ignorant as their father put him on my eternal shitlist. I have no qualms with you at all. You know your shit when it comes to gameplay here, and I'm only asking because of that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boostio said:

I hate people that beat up Jason constantly. I swear, if team-killing was re-added, I was slice off everyone's __________ with a _________

There's been a marked increase in both communication (and more importantly, ACTION) that hasn't gone unappreciated on my behalf. It's much easier to have constructive and calm discussion when you feel like your concerns are actually being heard. I appreciate the content updates and posts, and have hope that the engine update will solve the last of the major issues with the game.

(say it with me now, hit detection)

11 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

We know Tommy. Thing is, very few counselors DO counter hit. Most don't even use combat stance. And also, in the long run, it can be worth taking a stun as Jason in order to get the counselor limping. You know how many times I've hit a counselor and got stunned by a counter hit after? Plenty...But that counselor is still limping now, and therefore not getting very far.

So your logic is that because most players aren't very good, you should develop a bad playstyle yourself. Gotcha. Now you are defending being counterhit (all the time apparently) as if taking stuns or damage doesn't impact the match.

You know what else cripples a counselor? 2 throwing knives. 1 if they are already damaged. It's safe, and most certainly better than getting counterhit / stunned and having them med spray in your face (which is something you conveniently left out). Not to mention the 50% stamina they regain on hit. But have fun slashing the Chad with the baseball bat and 3 sprays x2 with medic. God help you if he simply blocks your slashes.

11 hours ago, AldermachXI said:

Most of us do just fine without those video guides you keep saying you're gonna post.

Just worry about you. No one cares what you think you know.

The guides which I do post, you mean. That even you have learned from, stubbornly if I recall. As well as the testing I do. I would like to post more, and I would given the time. What have you contributed in this area? Other than bad advice which turns players into Piñata Jason, who don't even do the most basic of things like block.

It's also amusing how you think you speak on behalf of the forum. I know for a fact people do value what I post on here, so what you really mean to say is that you don't care. And even that is untrue, since you care enough to read and reply to my posts. I have a feeling this argument will lead to you talking about your purple belt though, so I'll leave it at that.

9 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

But, I can't honestly think of anything other than blocking and striking in that situation. Well, that doesn't involve advanced "tech". Maybe I'm blind, or have more important things to do with my time than devote needless energy into finding ways of abusing the gameplay mechanics.  @Tommy86I'm not directing those comments at you, I'm sincerely asking what you would do in that situation.

It's all good. I have a lot to say on this topic, I will be making a post about it. Currently just trying to get some good footage for it against a skilled group. I don't like staging these kinds of things.

• Thanks 1

Good job improving Jason.  Poor Job hurting Repair counselors with the current patch.  Its improved to the sense of what you prefer of course.  If I spend more time being a counselor than as Jason, I would expect an easier time as a counselor going "loneowolf" if I choose to after it has been determined Im in a lobby with lousy players .  

And people talk about "communication".  What good is communication in a lobby of rookies where no one knows what their doing or other people SCREAMING at the top of their lungs so you can't communicate with the team?   

Communication is only effective when you have veterans on the same team.  QP is a mix of veterans/Rookies/People goofing off. 

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

If I spend more time being a counselor than as Jason, I would expect an easier time as a counselor going "loneowolf" if I choose to after it has been determined Im in a lobby with lousy players .  

Balancing the game for lone wolf gameplay (which it already is to an extent) is what causes the issues in a 1v7. Doesn't matter if the 7 aren't smart enough in a match to work together, it still means the potential is there to completely overpower Jason if each counselor on their could match him in ability and work as a unit.

Where the issue really starts is the game not informing newcomers / inexperienced players on teamwork, so you end up in lobbies with do-nothings which of course impacts your own enjoyment and survivability. Even more of a problem when some of those players simply never learn despite countless hours. 

If everyone started out with a good idea of how to play, with the right knowledge and the proper incentive for teamwork, you would see less of this kind of thing and it would be easier to balance the game for everyone. But it's simply impossible to accomplish that with the limited knowledge that is currently provided in-game, even more so when you consider that much of it is misleading. Very few players will seek it out elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Tommy86 said:

Balancing the game for lone wolf gameplay (which it already is to an extent) is what causes the issues in a 1v7. Doesn't matter if the 7 aren't smart enough in a match to work together, it still means the potential is there to completely overpower Jason if each counselor on their could match him in ability and work as a unit.

Where the issue really starts is the game not informing newcomers / inexperienced players on teamwork, so you end up in lobbies with do-nothings which of course impacts your own enjoyment and survivability. Even more of a problem when some of those players simply never learn despite countless hours. 

If everyone started out with a good idea of how to play, with the right knowledge and the proper incentive for teamwork, you would see less of this kind of thing and it would be easier to balance the game for everyone. But it's simply impossible to accomplish that with the limited knowledge that is currently provided in-game, even more so when you consider that much of it is misleading. Very few players will seek it out elsewhere.

Very good post.  True, the information provided in game, is very limited and it must be a complete nightmare for newcomers to be thrown right into the fire of a very disadvantaged/uncoordinated group of counselors.   

And this is why I prefer the last patch. (Even if Jason was much more under-powered) to this one at least in terms of Quickplay.  I get what they are trying to do implementing effective communication between counselors. but the fact is, its IMPOSSIBLE to do so with onboarding of new counselors, the learning curve etc. to effectively coordinate as a team in most lobbies to defeat Jason and escape. 

Last patch, this wasn't nearly of an issue as you could take matters into your own hands and escape without being forced to  working in conjunction with others. 

14 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Last patch, this wasn't nearly of an issue as you could take matters into your own hands and escape without being forced to  working in conjunction with others. 

You can still lone wolf plenty in this patch. If anything, I've noticed an increase in Jason kills across the board.