Should the -Shift weakness be reworked?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Your choice:

• Yes, with longer cooldown and normal speed.
    • Yes, with normal cooldown and slower speed.
    • No. Keep the original aspects.

Don't you guys think the -Shift weakness is way too crippling for the Jasons that have it? I mean, Shift is a vital tool for Jason to catch counselors. Without Shift-Grabs, catching counselors is much harder (especially for walking Jasons).

But it's weak counterpart is horrible! It has both a longer cooldown and a slower speed. It's also both the reason Jason 7 sucks and why I keep bitching for a Jason 4 rework. I find it unfair because other weaknesses have just a longer cooldown.

So, I'll give a poll for you to choose what it should be done.

• Like 1

The main problem is that the speed difference between +Shift and normal Shift is smaller than the difference between -Shift and normal shift. +Shift and normal Shift have about a 5% speed difference while -Shift and normal Shift have about a 13% speed difference. If they would make the gap between them all the same then that would fix the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The main problem is that the speed difference between +Shift and normal Shift is smaller than the difference between -Shift and normal shift. +Shift and normal Shift have about a 5% speed difference while -Shift and normal Shift have about a 13% speed difference. If they would make the gap between them all the same then that would fix the problem.

According to Alk, the weak Shift is 21,6 kph while the normal one is 32 kph.

That's a huge difference!

And do not forget to vote!

I think its fine, you can still get an 8/8 game with a walking Jason without shift grab. Especially nowadays when people expect to stun Jason so much, a quick block and grab will do them in. sneaking around and catching people off guard is also a great way. (You don't need stalk to sneak around.) Shift grab isn't very cinematic or fun for the person against you anyways.

38 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Don't you guys think the -Shift weakness is way too crippling for the Jasons that have it? I mean, Shift is a vital tool for Jason to catch counselors. Without Shift-Grabs, catching counselors is much harder (especially for walking Jasons).

But it's weak counterpart is horrible! It has both a longer cooldown and a slower speed. It's also both the reason Jason 7 sucks and why I keep bitching for a Jason 4 rework. I find it unfair because other weaknesses have just a longer cooldown.

No. That's why they have more traps and extra morph. Part 7 is just hard mode.

10 minutes ago, malloymk said:

No. That's why they have more traps and extra morph. Part 7 is just hard mode.

What's that supposed to mean?

17 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I'll help, he's referring to part 2 J and his traps and morph evening out his crappy shift. Part 7 is hard mode for players who want a challenging experience. He didn't add part 4 J, so I'll say my main man has destruction and weapon strength, as well as he's a runner. -Shift is his only real weakness, and It's a big one! With -traps as well, but we can deal with that. The -shift helps even out their builds man, otherwise they wouldn't be "balanced". I'm pretty sure that's what he was saying there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

Part has quick morph and extra traps to compensate for the weak morph.

Part 7 is a trash Jason who basically serves as a challenge mode.

2 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

I'll help, he's referring to part 2 J and his traps and morph evening out his crappy shift. Part 7 is hard mode for players who want a challenging experience. He didn't add part 4 J, so I'll say my main man has destruction and weapon strength, as well as he's a runner. -Shift is his only real weakness, and It's a big one! With -traps as well, but we can deal with that. The -shift helps even out their builds man, otherwise they wouldn't be "balanced". I'm pretty sure that's what he was saying there.

Eggs Zachary (exactly).

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Part has quick morph and extra traps to compensate for the weak morph.

Part 7 is a trash Jason who basically serves as a challenge mode.

But are you saying he should stay that way?

The trait itself is fine. The problem is that they gave it to part 4, undermining his chasing strengths, and no undead Jason should have -shift. It's fine on Part 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoOneK9503 said:

I voted for the first option. -Shift Jason’s should have the same Shift as J5, long cool down but normal speed. This would balance it out for all -Shift Jason’s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MichaelMemers said:

The trait itself is fine. The problem is that they gave it to part 4, undermining his chasing strengths, and no undead Jason should have -shift. It's fine on Part 2.

I play J 4, I agree that the - shift sucks. But Imagine him with a better shift, that would be so crazy! As is you have to use his run to close in and hope you play it right, the slower speed means easier handling and an almost guaranteed grab if you can get to them. If he had any better shift I would get ALOT more kills! And you wouldn't see any other Jason. With his weapon strength and destruction, decent hitbox and swinging motion he'd be OP. Too much, -shift balances him out. The -shift on J7 needs to go, DEFINITELY! I couldn't agree more that undead Jasons should NEVER have -shift!

• Like 1

Nothing about this patch is "crippling" to Jason. he's been OP'd too much because they took from the counselors and added all the perks to Jason.  Rarely anymore do I see any Jason not getting at least 4/5-8 kills.  Even the worst ones. 

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

Nothing about this patch is "crippling" to Jason. he's been OP'd too much because they took from the counselors and added all the perks to Jason.  Rarely anymore do I see any Jason not getting at least 4/5-8 kills.  Even the worst ones. 

Jason should be getting a fair number of kills per match. Four or more kills per match is reasonable.

Isn’t the whole point of -shift that it’s... a weakness?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

It is a weakness. I don't understand why people here wants to improve it. Because then it's no longer a weakness if it acts very similar to a normal shift.

6 minutes ago, Loading said:

It is a weakness. I don't understand why people here wants to improve it. Because then it's no longer a weakness if it acts very similar to a normal shift.

The thing about it is that it's disproportionately weaker than normal shift compared to +Shift vs normal shift. I simply want the difference between all the levels of Shift to have the same gap. Whether that means buffing -Shift's speed or nerfing normal shift's speed. I'd probably go with nerfing normal shift by about 5%.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, BFizzle said:

I agree. For Jasons to have true strengths they also need true weaknesses.

I will say Part 7 is unbalanced though. Some slight buff would likely go a long way.

As others have said, the -Shift doesn't really bother me any; as long as it's not on an UNDEAD Jason. Shift is the pretty much the only way undead Jasons can catch up to counselors. On top of that, they gave the weakness to arguably (not at all arguably) the BEST Jason of the franchise.

7 hours ago, BFizzle said:

Say this to -Sense and -Stalk and -Morph, who according to @Alkavian and @Tommy86, have no drawbacks except for cooldown (except when Rage kicks in).

Edited by NoOneK9503

I'd say give Shift the Morph treatment.

Part 6 only suffers a longer cooldown. Imagine if the -Morph came with a 10 second cooldown between the time you morph and the time you got there? People would be going fucking bananas and probably never play Part 6 as a result.

So it only makes sense that -Shift only suffers a longer cooldown, not a drastic reduction in speed.

Yeah you can still win with - Shift, but not against a lobby full of meta spammers mostly, especially non weapon Strength Jasons. I usually don't even bother with the cars as any -Shift Jason. I protect the phone at all costs. The car even in its nerfed state is still too quick without the perfect combo of Stalk/Morph/Shift plus the whole being able to drive backwards nonsense. You gotta sacrifice things, plus you know if 4 people are inside the car, your dealing with at least a couple bats, a couple fireworks, pocket knives, medic/spray plus being all bunched together means you have no hope od performing kills unless they are choke/decap spam kills and at this point, I'd rather have fun with my kills and not just use quick meta kills.

• Like 1

Shift is the one gameplay mechanic that I wish was not dreamed up by the developers.

Instead of using it as a buffet against Usain Bolt-like counselors, it ought to be scrapped and counselors' athletic ability / composure when in the vicinity of Jason ought to be degraded severely.

6 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The thing about it is that it's disproportionately weaker than normal shift compared to +Shift vs normal shift. I simply want the difference between all the levels of Shift to have the same gap. Whether that means buffing -Shift's speed or nerfing normal shift's speed. I'd probably go with nerfing normal shift by about 5%.

I'd agree. Just slow normal shift down a bit so the gap spread between the different Shift versions is more even.

I also agree, with Shift working as it does, undead Jasons should not be taking a - Shift penalty.