Jump to content
anon

How do you save people from a grab

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Raskkii said:

Wow I didn't know you can run while blocking? How exactly do you do that?

That's an exploit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DeborahMain said:

Grabsaves have been bugged since small maps update (when they made hits stop when you hit an object) and even more so in the recent update, hits have been phasing through jason as well. Here's a good summary of how buggy combat is in 2018 F13:

https://youtu.be/iDRdryyC6iM?t=764

It's because there are invisible collision boxes on the maps. It's actually retarded. You will run into this issue as Jason or counselor, in fact Jason can even get his weapon stuck in them. You can hit a leaf instead of your target or just thin air. You particularly see it with throwing knives, just suspended in the air stuck in nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tommy86 said:

It's because there are invisible collision boxes on the maps. It's actually retarded. You will run into this issue as Jason or counselor, in fact Jason can even get his weapon stuck in them. You can hit a leaf instead of your target or just thin air. You particularly see it with throwing knives, just suspended in the air stuck in nothing.

No, I don't think that's the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeborahMain said:

No, I don't think that's the issue.

It may not be the full reason why, but it's a part of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2018 at 5:49 PM, Tommy86 said:

@WashingtonJones No idea what you're talking about really. I just find it interesting you're so curious about his techniques, yet openly criticize him without hesitation.

What bothers me is he's pretty much the main person for an in-depth understanding of the game. It's hard to appreciate what he does because of his antisocial approach. He's not a productive member of the community. I don't understand how anyone can justify how he does things.

I've been doing glitches and exploits since I started playing the game, I don't know if you can count those as "techniques". And I was taught all of them by my friends who don't even know who he is. They're fun to fuck around with, but I'd sooner quit playing if I ever decided to actually use them to take advantage of players like he does.

His true technique is to troll people and give people a hard time in unfunny ways. I mean, I would be in full support of him if his "techniques" ever made me laugh. 12 year olds get off on that kinda shit...or maybe not, seeing how little views he gets. Go hack yourself a copy of Adobe Premiere or something, and help him with those videos. 

I'd like to see him play without the use of any tricks. A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, WashingtonJones said:

His true technique is to troll people and give people a hard time in unfunny ways. I mean, I would be in full support of him if his "techniques" ever made me laugh. 12 year olds get off on that kinda shit...or maybe not, seeing how little views he gets. Go hack yourself a copy of Adobe Premiere or something, and help him with those videos. 

I'd like to see him play without the use of any tricks. A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software.

Are you actually bringing video editing skills into the discussion? If so, I am indeed the expert on that between us. 

I'm not replying to you to defend Pappus, I'm sure he can do that himself. But don't pretend you didn't get in touch with me about known exploits, which I refused to tell you how to execute as a matter of principle. I know a whole lot more about this game than I will ever say on this forum. Even if people such as you ask me through PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

Are you actually bringing video editing skills into the discussion? If so, I am indeed the expert on that between us. 

I'm not replying to you to defend Pappus, I'm sure he can do that himself. But don't pretend you didn't get in touch with me about known exploits, which I refused to tell you how to execute as a matter of principle. I know a whole lot more about this game than I will ever say on this forum. Even if people such as you ask me through PM.

When I got obliterated my first game in I started watching videos for help, I got better and started playing around. Learned some things that were never mentioned on those videos, then about a month later I came across his videos. Lot's of explanation of how to do the things I figured I had done by accident, and full analysis of the game mechanics that make these things possible and how to use them to "punish" Jason. That's why people don't care for the guy, he's so smart and detail oriented and it's obvious. But, some of that knowledge is not something that should be shared. Myself, I've never used that knowledge to gain an unfair advantage. But, by knowing it I am prepared to face it and counter it in game. That's the only good thing I got out of the exploits on there. But much of the rest was quality info, it's a shame he added that crap to a otherwise robust database.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

When I got obliterated my first game in I started watching videos for help, I got better and started playing around. Learned some things that were never mentioned on those videos, then about a month later I came across his videos. Lot's of explanation of how to do the things I figured I had done by accident, and full analysis of the game mechanics that make these things possible and how to use them to "punish" Jason. That's why people don't care for the guy, he's so smart and detail oriented and it's obvious. But, some of that knowledge is not something that should be shared. Myself, I've never used that knowledge to gain an unfair advantage. But, by knowing it I am prepared to face it and counter it in game. That's the only good thing I got out of the exploits on there. But much of the rest was quality info, it's a shame he added that crap to a otherwise robust database.

His guides don't show any exploits, I really don't see how knowing how the combat mechanics work is an unfair advantage, it's literally knowledge of how the game works and tactics based around that knowledge

11 hours ago, WashingtonJones said:

His true technique is to troll people and give people a hard time in unfunny ways. I mean, I would be in full support of him if his "techniques" ever made me laugh. 12 year olds get off on that kinda shit...or maybe not, seeing how little views he gets. Go hack yourself a copy of Adobe Premiere or something, and help him with those videos. 

I'd like to see him play without the use of any tricks. A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software.

Again you can't claim these things when you have never seen him stream ever, the evidence is all over what you say as no he doesn't troll he aims to fight jason for the whole match and get jason angry and focused on him, I don't see how getting an enemy angry and focused on you by playing better than him and beating him in combat is trolling or giving them a hard time, they are the enemy you are supposed to be against them they selected jason preference and knew what they were getting into.

As well saying "A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software." further proves you don't watch him stream at all as he has no additional software and doesn't hack when playing despite what all the nemo seagulls on here say. As I have told you before he only uses an infinite stamina glitch to collect resources faster so he can fight jason, it is then exited during combat with jason as it hinders combat so he could easily do matches without it, it would just take longer before he got to jason from that point on it would play out exactly the same

So stop claiming you know how he plays from back to front as you've never watched him because you constantly get things wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RampageRhino said:

As I have told you before he only uses an infinite stamina glitch to collect resources faster so he can fight jason, it is then exited during combat with jason as it hinders combat so he could easily do matches without it, it would just take longer before he got to jason from that point on it would play out exactly the same

So, that's not an exploit? Running indefinitely to gather weapons, sprays and knives at the beginning of the match till you gain all the goodies. Then turn it off because it "hinders combat" whenever he chooses to do so, that wouldn't be considered as exploiting? Any one else here do that? That's a good one! The guy is super smart and all that, but you gotta agree that's BS. I know if I was running Vanessa, and I could sprint non-stop to start the match I would have a nice collection of items. Way more than the other unfortunate counselors, who actually have to deal with stamina loss! And can't sprint indefinitely, as the game was intended. Ok, so that's not exploiting the game? And the fact the others haven't utilized this "tech" isn't exploiting them? Jason doesn't do stamina loss, I get that. But since the others are not utilizing this technique does that not exploit them? Especially at the beginning when everyone is at their weakest, and sometimes running for their lives. The ability to run endlessly is a great advantage, wouldn't you agree?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

So, that's not an exploit? Running indefinitely to gather weapons, sprays and knives at the beginning of the match till you gain all the goodies. Then turn it off because it "hinders combat" whenever he chooses to do so, that wouldn't be considered as exploiting? Any one else here do that? That's a good one! The guy is super smart and all that, but you gotta agree that's BS. I know if I was running Vanessa, and I could sprint non-stop to start the match I would have a nice collection of items. Way more than the other unfortunate counselors, who actually have to deal with stamina loss! And can't sprint indefinitely, as the game was intended. Ok, so that's not exploiting the game? And the fact the others haven't utilized this "tech" isn't exploiting them? Jason doesn't do stamina loss, I get that. But since the others are not utilizing this technique does that not exploit them? Especially at the beginning when everyone is at their weakest, and sometimes running for their lives. The ability to run endlessly is a great advantage, wouldn't you agree?

When did I say he didn't exploit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RampageRhino said:

As well saying "A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software." further proves you don't watch him stream at all as he has no additional software and doesn't hack when playing despite what all the nemo seagulls on here say. As I have told you before he only uses an infinite stamina glitch to collect resources faster so he can fight jason, it is then exited during combat with jason as it hinders combat so he could easily do matches without it, it would just take longer before he got to jason from that point on it would play out exactly the same

Ok, I'll post the whole thing. At the beginning there you say. "A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software." further proves you don't watch him stream at all as he has no additional software and doesn't hack when playing" But you forgot to add the infinite stamina exploit in after that. So, I just wanted to point out that it was indeed an exploit as he mentioned as an "infinite state" that's what he was talking about. Oh, I know you never said it. By saying glitch, you meant exploit.

2 hours ago, RampageRhino said:

His guides don't show any exploits, I really don't see how knowing how the combat mechanics work is an unfair advantage, it's literally knowledge of how the game works and tactics based around that knowledge

Do you deny seeing car surfing on his video? Would you say that's unfair? Maybe not as unfair as infinite stamina, but I've only seen one of his videos. Then I washed my hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Ok, I'll post the whole thing. At the beginning there you say. "A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software." further proves you don't watch him stream at all as he has no additional software and doesn't hack when playing" But you forgot to add the infinite stamina exploit in after that. So, I just wanted to point out that it was indeed an exploit as he mentioned as an "infinite state" that's what he was talking about. Oh, I know you never said it. By saying glitch, you meant exploit.

Do you deny seeing car surfing on his video? Would you say that's unfair? Maybe not as unfair as infinite stamina, but I've only seen one of his videos. Then I washed my hands.

Yes I mean't the infinite stam is the only exploit he uses though I worded it with glitch, I was trying to express how little he 'cheats' compared to what people in here say he does, many think he flips on 10 cheats every game and goes wild speedhacking around though that is not the case, the point I was trying to make is that the matches would be exactly the same except he has to jog everywhere instead of sprint rather than not being able to fight and getting pre shifted like people say.

Car surfing is a glitch he showed off I will give you that, I forgot about that one. However it's a rather harmless one that he even illustrates how to counter as jason

Not showing the real dangerous ones off seems to allude to at least some care about the state of the game, he's just one of those people that places the blame of exploits on the devs heads not the users, while it may not be a noble position he does express that he wants stuff fixed alot which I can't fault him for.

But I can't convince anyone that he isn't evil and actually wants to see everything fixed and the game succeed, even though it is true. All I can give you is that he's most likely quitting f13 due to all the glitches and moving onto darwin project but most of you on here will claim its because he wants to find another game to destroy and cheat on because he's bored of cheating here or something similarly preposterous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RampageRhino said:

Yes I mean't the infinite stam is the only exploit he uses though I worded it with glitch, I was trying to express how little he 'cheats' compared to what people in here say he does, many think he flips on 10 cheats every game and goes wild speedhacking around though that is not the case, the point I was trying to make is that the matches would be exactly the same except he has to jog everywhere instead of sprint rather than not being able to fight and getting pre shifted like people say.

Car surfing is a glitch he showed off I will give you that, I forgot about that one. However it's a rather harmless one that he even illustrates how to counter as jason

Not showing the real dangerous ones off seems to allude to at least some care about the state of the game, he's just one of those people that places the blame of exploits on the devs heads not the users, while it may not be a noble position he does express that he wants stuff fixed alot which I can't fault him for.

But I can't convince anyone that he isn't evil and actually wants to see everything fixed and the game succeed, even though it is true. All I can give you is that he's most likely quitting f13 due to all the glitches and moving onto darwin project but most of you on here will claim its because he wants to find another game to destroy and cheat on because he's bored of cheating here or something similarly preposterous. 

Cool, I agree the guy knows his shit! I only watched that one video and I was impressed with the knowledge he displayed, he explained why everything I had learned worked. And lots of detail for hitbox, and spacing that explained why I missed sometimes. For a while I actually sought out his posts here to see if he had other ideas. He did, but his demeanor really sealed it. I'm not gonna get into that, but he was banned. Then he came back as a couple different accounts here recently and REALLY acted like an ass. Talking of making new accounts after a ban, and unlocking 500,000 cp to build his next account. That's a pretty neat trick I guess. And the things he said to some guys here were just ignorant, and not in reply to something ignorant said to him. No, just lead in with venom. I know he is very knowledgeable, I watched and read some of his stuff. But, I don't like the exploits he does. And I don't agree, with doing. And saying some of the stuff he has done, and said. I don't hold anyone who uses his knowledge in contept, hell In a way his guide helped me by confirming I was using proper combat tactics and spacing. But using his exploits, or spreading that knowledge is wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RampageRhino said:

As I have told you before he only uses an infinite stamina glitch to collect resources faster so he can fight jason, it is then exited during combat with jason as it hinders combat so he could easily do matches without it, it would just take longer before he got to jason from that point on it would play out exactly the same

So stop claiming you know how he plays from back to front as you've never watched him because you constantly get things wrong.

Is there a such thing as “cheating a little” vs. “cheating a lot”? Serious question. So as long as he’s playing in any sort of public match, I always considered cheating to be cheating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pappus' "guides" should be used for bug reports since he promotes the use of nigh-game-breaking bugs like infinite running, the previous trap circumvention which was patched, and recently an unstunnable Jason glitch. Let the man keep doing his thing, just submit his gameplay footage as bug reports to jasonkillsbugs.com with detailed instructions on how to perform each exploit so that they'll get patched. That's one good thing that comes from a man that has nothing better to do than find each and every teeny tiny flaw in a game's code for his own personal gain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, RampageRhino said:

Again you can't claim these things when you have never seen him stream ever, the evidence is all over what you say as no he doesn't troll he aims to fight jason for the whole match and get jason angry and focused on him,

You're kidding me right? I've seen him play. Have you? 
His aim is to get players to quit. I mean, those are the words that come out of his mouth. Is that code for something else? What else could that mean? 

On 2/24/2018 at 12:45 PM, RampageRhino said:

As well saying "A whole night of no exploits, no permanent or infinite states and no additional software." further proves you don't watch him stream at all as he has no additional software and doesn't hack when playing despite what all the nemo seagulls on here say.

I hope you're trolling me because otherwise you're suffering from Stockholm syndrome. The use of infinite or extended stamina is cheating. Who cares what he uses it for? It gives him an unfair advantage and I don't understand how you're blind to that.
Using edited save files to access Uber Jason is cheating. Triple stacking perks is cheating. Hacking in Savini Jason is cheating. In the scaled down sociological construct of videogames him and his fans are bad people....that's probably why you don't see what's wrong with the way he acts because you're used to being antisocial (look it up, it doesn't mean you're afraid of people).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep on forgetting who Pappus is, is he the guy that has a strange accent and used a whiteboard to explain strategy? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×