ShiftySamurai

Friday the 13th: The Game - Grab Animation Update

Hello slashers, today we’re going to take a quick look at improvements coming to Jason’s grab animation.

JasonGrab (1).gif

As you can see, Jason’s new grab feels more powerful as Jason carries momentum from movement while executing the grab. We are also introducing a sound stinger, which we believe makes it even more unsettling for counselor players who find themselves being scooped up by Jason. In the last update we reworked the area and distance of Jason’s grab, and now the improved grab animation makes them look more powerful as well.

Let us know what you think!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

This looks great!

Will it be longer before you can kill the person in your hands or will the time before kills appear remain the same? 

Looks really cool! Can't wait to hear the new sound too. Hopefully it introduces new jump scares.

It looks awesome! 

But I didn't understand the "sound" thing.

I like it! It looks more natural and violent!

3088xhi.gif

I look forward to the new intensity with the added sound stinger!

Looks great! If it had been this way from the start we probably wouldn't have had so many issues with the range.

Edit: @ShiftySamurai any chance you guys have a gif with the counselor moving? I'm sure it looks a little different and I'm wondering if it looks "off". Also curious how it looks if Jason is standing still.

I like this new feature. Jason's grab range is pretty wide right now. What if the counselor was standing to the far left or right of Jason? Would the animation pivot him to face them, or would they "pop" to his hand?

17 minutes ago, NoOneK9503 said:

It looks awesome! 

But I didn't understand the "sound" thing.

It means there will be a sharp-sounding scary sound effect when Jason grabs people.

@ShiftySamurai

I already mentioned this in another thread but my only concern is when someone is grabbed with a wall behind them. I imagine Jason would basically walk in place holding the counselor?

Overall though I like it- it has a more natural and fluid motion to it than the current grab.

43 minutes ago, ShiftySamurai said:

Hello slashers, today we’re going to take a quick look at improvements coming to Jason’s grab animation.

JasonGrab (1).gif

As you can see, Jason’s new grab feels more powerful as Jason carries momentum from movement while executing the grab. We are also introducing a sound stinger, which we believe makes it even more unsettling for counselor players who find themselves being scooped up by Jason. In the last update we reworked the area and distance of Jason’s grab, and now the improved grab animation makes them look more powerful as well.

bob.jpg.99dfa9277b0b442982c92727c43911b0.jpg

Wonderful! This could also get rid of that animation glitch where Jason does one of those harder grabs and the counselor kind of clips half way through the floor before being raised up to eye level. Think it happened when Jason performed a missed grab animation but actually grabbed someone, so his hand was off to the right of his body.

Looks great. Really looking forward to all the little changes the engine update will bring. Gonna be nice to see some of those lingering bugs finally gone too.

• Like 1

It's amazing that a little change with the grab animation makes it appear more authentic and menacing than it did before.

It's good to see that my wish to have the grab animation be adjusted has come true.

1 hour ago, ShiftySamurai said:

JasonGrab (1).gif

Will there be a toggle between the old and new grab? Because I like the Old grab a lot.

18 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Will there be a toggle between the old and new grab? Because I like the Old grab a lot.

Nope. Things change.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShiftySamurai said:

JasonGrab (1).gif

Can you explain more about the sound stinger?

For those wondering what a stinger is, here is an existing one from the game as captured by a random YouTuber. 

This is NOT the one used for the grab animation change:

• Like 1